Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TheWatch

New

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by TheWatch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:51 pm

someone should take the responsibility to bump this after every administration

sayornis

New

Post by sayornis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:53 pm

These are all from older LSATs.

December 2010

This guy was so EFFIN obnoxious. He brought - I kid you not - a gatorade, redbull, juice, water, and a carton of milk. WHO DOES THAT?! He had everything lined up on his desk even after the proctor said to remove everything. Then the proctor called him out on it so he put everything under the desk except the milk. When the proctor called him out on it again, he said something along the lines of "But it's milk!"

During the certification part, Obnoxious Guy was shocked to find out that we had to use handwriting for the certification, which he interpreted as full on cursive. He was still writing after the whole room had finished. We proceeded to sit there for 6 more minutes to stare at him taking his sweet time handwriting the certification.

Later found out that he goes to my school and was in the same business law class as me. His antics continued, including standing up IN THE MIDDLE OF LECTURE in a room of 50 people to ADJUST HIS PANTS for a good minute. Last I heard he's going into investment banking. Good riddance.

June 2011

There was some administrative error during sign-in so I was chasing the proctor around the building. Witnessed the following exchange in another room. The girl had apparently moved from her assigned seat and was surrounded by 3 proctors screaming at her to move back.

Proctor #1: You need to move back, this isn't your assigned seat
Girl: I HAVE A RIGHT UNDER LSAC TO MOVE IF MY SEAT IS DISTRACTING
Proctor #2: But your seat is perfectly fine! (her seat was 5 feet away)
Girl: THERE IS A REFLECTIVE GLARE COMING FROM THE LIGHT AND THE WINDOW, I CAN'T CONCENTRATE
Proctor #3: You need to move back right now!!
Girl (now standing up and banging on the table): You don't understand, I. HAVE. A. RIGHT. UNDER. LSAC. TO. SIT. HERE!

I felt bad for people in that room. Don't know how they ended up resolving it but based on this, my excitement for law school has slightly decreased.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:57 pm

TheWatch wrote:someone should take the responsibility to bump this after every administration
I'm not promising anything :mrgreen: but i will try to for February

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:25 pm

I mean, you don't have to designate anyone, as this thread always gets bumped up regardless

gymtanlaw

New

Post by gymtanlaw » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 pm

bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beebela

New

Post by beebela » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Football player before we started checking in - "Do you guys know how long this whole thing is going to take? And the questions are like multiple choice, right? How many are there?"

Girl during the 15 minute break - "Wow, that was hard! Did you guys all, like, study for this?"

I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh or cry...

PrincetonBound

New

Post by PrincetonBound » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Guy sitting behind me asks girl next to him: "So, why law school for you?"
Girl: "I don't know, it's not just one reason... you?"
Guy: "Well, I realized Med School isn't going to work out."

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:42 pm

I just want to say...reading through these makes me feel so much better about my test lol

rich_4

Bronze

Post by rich_4 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:43 pm

third and final LSAT yesterday... by far the most interesting.

someone got tossed for cheating.

we were told at least 10 times that once we entered the room we would not be allowed to leave to use the restroom. We had been in the room maybe 5 minutes and someone yells "hey can I go to the bathroom?"

Girl: "OMG this test is 3 hours?!?!"

Some guy filled out his answer sheet with a pen.

Another guy had a timer.

A girl printed out a picture from facebook to use as her admission ticket photo.

And more ridiculousness that I can't even remember. I entered the testing room at 8:30 and we were released shortly after 2:00. Longest test ever.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Fairy24 wrote:I have a few....

June--one of my proctors had really saggy boobs and I moved my pencils away from the edge of my table as she approached for fear they would be knocked over. (No I am not kidding.)

October-- I sat near the check-in at the front of the room so I was able to people watch. This guy comes in with his bag full of snacks. I counted like two huge cookies, a bag of ritz crackers, candy bars, and some other food items--absolutely ridiculous. And he is carrying a HUGE bottle of water, like liter-sized. The proctor politely tells him that the water bottle needed to fit in the bag to be allowed into the room. He holds the bag up, and holds the bottle in front of the bag to show that the bottle could fit in the bag if the bag didn't already have stuff in it. Um, no sir, sorry. The proctor told him he would have to put the water in his car. So he leaves and comes back, and proceeds to make snide comments to the proctor about how the seat he wanted was taken, and if he wouldn't have had to leave he could have had the seat he wanted. Life's tough, buddy.

There were several fans of a despised football team present in my test room. Their game was scheduled to begin at 2:30 and apparently they all thought they would still be taking the LSAT during the game, because they requested score updates from the proctor (of course she said no). We were released at 1:15..... :roll:

And finally, why do people feel the need to bring 10 pencils? I kid you not this guy had 10 pencils on his desk. ???? I mean, I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable.....
I dunno - none of these people seem that out of line to me. I think it's dumb that you can only bring in what fits in a bag. I mean, if you get thirsty and want to bring in a ton of water, that's your prerogative. It's not like the bigger the bottle the more likely it is to allow you to cheat.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:06 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
Fairy24 wrote:I have a few....

June--one of my proctors had really saggy boobs and I moved my pencils away from the edge of my table as she approached for fear they would be knocked over. (No I am not kidding.)

October-- I sat near the check-in at the front of the room so I was able to people watch. This guy comes in with his bag full of snacks. I counted like two huge cookies, a bag of ritz crackers, candy bars, and some other food items--absolutely ridiculous. And he is carrying a HUGE bottle of water, like liter-sized. The proctor politely tells him that the water bottle needed to fit in the bag to be allowed into the room. He holds the bag up, and holds the bottle in front of the bag to show that the bottle could fit in the bag if the bag didn't already have stuff in it. Um, no sir, sorry. The proctor told him he would have to put the water in his car. So he leaves and comes back, and proceeds to make snide comments to the proctor about how the seat he wanted was taken, and if he wouldn't have had to leave he could have had the seat he wanted. Life's tough, buddy.

There were several fans of a despised football team present in my test room. Their game was scheduled to begin at 2:30 and apparently they all thought they would still be taking the LSAT during the game, because they requested score updates from the proctor (of course she said no). We were released at 1:15..... :roll:

And finally, why do people feel the need to bring 10 pencils? I kid you not this guy had 10 pencils on his desk. ???? I mean, I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable.....
I dunno - none of these people seem that out of line to me. I think it's dumb that you can only bring in what fits in a bag. I mean, if you get thirsty and want to bring in a ton of water, that's your prerogative. It's not like the bigger the bottle the more likely it is to allow you to cheat.
Doesn't matter. Rules are rules.

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm

My testing center was FREEZING (snowing outside) and I was told that I could not wear my coat (no-hood), at least two people were using mechanical pencils but overall I think they did a good job.

Heard a guy say that he thought his LG section was the experimental, despite the fact that he only had one LG section...

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:54 pm

At the beginning of the writing section, the guy in front of me raises his hand: "Is the writing section timed too?"

One dude after the test to the proctor: "Do you know which one was the experimental?"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm

rich_4 wrote:third and final LSAT yesterday... by far the most interesting.

someone got tossed for cheating.

we were told at least 10 times that once we entered the room we would not be allowed to leave to use the restroom. We had been in the room maybe 5 minutes and someone yells "hey can I go to the bathroom?"

Girl: "OMG this test is 3 hours?!?!"

Some guy filled out his answer sheet with a pen.

Another guy had a timer.

A girl printed out a picture from facebook to use as her admission ticket photo.

And more ridiculousness that I can't even remember. I entered the testing room at 8:30 and we were released shortly after 2:00. Longest test ever.

Guilty. Although it was last June, which was the first time pics were required. They took just about anything, though.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

During the February 2011 LSAT:

I walked into my center and was asked to take a seat in the waiting room. While reading a magazine, a guy around 20 years old or so wearing his fraternity jacket sits across from me. Moments later, a man around his late 20s or early 30s walks up to him and asks, "Hey, what chapter are you in?" The guy with the fraternity jacket stares at him for about 5 seconds before saying, "......what?....I'm in _____ chapter." The older man responds, "I was in ______ chapter." There is an awkward silence for about 5 seconds. Finally the guy in the fraternity jacket realizes they are "brothers" and says, "....OHHHHH!!!! DUDE!!!! HOW'VE YOU BEEN?!?!" and proceeds to awkwardly shake his hand as if they were close friends. But then since there's nothing to say, the older guy just says, "Alright I'll see you around" and walks away.

Another girl was talking to some guy and they were talking about what schools they were applying to and how long they had studied. The girl was applying to schools like UC Hastings, Loyola, etc. The guy was saying how he really wanted to go to Cal Western. The girl then asked if the guy took a prep course. The guy said, "Yeah I studied a really long time for this. I took a 1 month prep course with Kaplan, it was insane, but it really helped me a lot." Then they asked each other if they had taken practice tests before and what score they got. They girl mentioned she took a few, but that was it, but the guy said, "Yeah, I took like 6 in total. I feel pretty good about it. I got a 142 and a 145 one some of them."

Then, in another guy and girl conversation, it went something like this:
Girl: This is like my 3rd time taking this test.
Guy: Wow, seriously? This is my first time. This must have cost you a fortune.
Girl: No way! I got a fee waiver. I'm not paying sh*t for this. And I'm not paying for any of my applications. There's no way I would go to law school if I had to actually pay for this stuff.
Guy: Yeah it's a lot.....you're lucky though, I have to pay for everything.....including my apps.
Girl: What the heck?! Why? Just get a fee waiver!!
Guy: .........I didn't qualify for a fee waiver.
Girl: What?! No way! You should totally appeal cause that's not fair. You need to fight for it. Like for me it was like just because my parents make money doesn't mean I make money. You know what I'm sayin?

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:27 pm

2 questions in, someone gets up, says "I can't do this", and literally walked out of the room.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:30 pm

noleknight16 wrote:2 questions in, someone gets up, says "I can't do this", and literally walked out of the room.
must have had LG :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 am

beebela wrote:Football player before we started checking in - "Do you guys know how long this whole thing is going to take? And the questions are like multiple choice, right? How many are there?"

Curious, how did you know he was a football player?

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 am

emarxnj wrote:
beebela wrote:Football player before we started checking in - "Do you guys know how long this whole thing is going to take? And the questions are like multiple choice, right? How many are there?"

does it matter?

beebela

New

Post by beebela » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:51 pm

john1990 wrote:
emarxnj wrote:

does it matter?
Haha I don't see why it matters, but he was 6'4"+ and wearing an "X College Football" shirt and sweatpants with his number on them, not very inconspicuous.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:59 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kerflux

Bronze

Post by kerflux » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 pm

I jokingly suggested bribing the proctor with five grand to fix the test if you needed a high score, and
Guy: if you're gonna do that, might as well buy a fake ID and hire someone to take the test for you.
Me: yeah, but you have to be sure they're gonna smash out a 180 for you
Guy: Na, I mean, even a 165 would be legit.

Good to know my first score still looks good to people outside of TLS.

biomedhawk

New

Post by biomedhawk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm

"My friend did so well on the LSAT that she got into law school. I'm hoping the same happens for me today."

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:19 pm

biomedhawk wrote:"My friend did so well on the LSAT that she got into law school. I'm hoping the same happens for me today."
:lol:

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm

john1990 wrote:
biomedhawk wrote:"My friend did so well on the LSAT that she got into law school. I'm hoping the same happens for me today."
:lol:
Is it possible to do so poorly on the LSAT that NO law school would take you?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”