Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Jaqen

Silver

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by Jaqen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Taus11 wrote:Today I set next to a guy who I felt was crushing me in every section. Not only did he use highlighters for each section, he would finish with about ten minutes left and slam his pencil down to let us know he is beyond this shit. At this point I am clearly feeling bad about myself - like wow, I am busting my ass to finish this section on time and this guy dicking around on his watch with extra time. After the test, I asked him how he prepared for the test to a point where he can work at that incredible pace. Then he answered "Oh I only pick two games, two passages and 13 questions I like the most and don't bother with the rest." WHAT DO YOU MEAN DUDE. IF YOU HAVE TIME LEFT WHY WOULD YOU NOT LOOK AT MORE QUESTIONS, OR EVEN RANDOMLY BUBBLE IN THE REST. YOU ARE JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND CHILL? The lesson of the day: not everyone who takes this test is like the folks on TLS.
:lol:

I'd read this thread before the test and was all ears, but nothing stood out. For you guys who did hear stuff, keep it coming!

lra234

New

Post by lra234 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I had a guy in my test flip out about the desks/chairs/lighting for the entire test, cursing under his breath. Then, after the fifth section, he pretty much flipped out in front of the room, fussed at the proctors about how the LSAT shouldn't be "fucking here if you have to use these fucking desks" and demanded his test be cancelled...I just kept wondering why it took him til the writing section for the freak out....

tectonic

New

Post by tectonic » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 pm

At my center ...

One guy was chatting up a girl. Overheard him say he was in a PhD program and was on track to become a professor in the next few years but decided to go into law instead when he saw what professors make and realized it didn't meet his expectations. Keep in mind that this guy was definitely 25 or younger. Seems like a bad gambit to make to me ...

Another girl was super OCD about going to the bathroom. She was a few places ahead of me in line to check-in and went to the bathroom once before the check-in. Once we were in the test room, she asked the proctor if she could go again and they said no, not until the instructions are read. Probably about 15 minutes later, the proctor starts with the instructions. Immediately, about 2 or 3 sentences into the instructions, she gets up again. Proctor stops reading and asks her where she's going. She asks if she can go to the bathroom and the proctor says no again. She gets up out of her seat again after the instructions are over but realizes the test is about to begin and decides against going. She ended up lasting all three sections until break without a problem. It was all anxiety, I figure.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 pm

tectonic wrote:At my center ...

One guy was chatting up a girl. Overheard him say he was in a PhD program and was on track to become a professor in the next few years but decided to go into law instead when he saw what professors make and realized it didn't meet his expectations. Keep in mind that this guy was definitely 25 or younger. Seems like a bad gambit to make to me ...
Seems like he was probably lying to me...

boredtodeath

Silver

Post by boredtodeath » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 pm

A kid in my test room didn't attach a photo to his admission ticket, got through 3 sections of the test and then was told he had to leave and that he couldn't finish the test.

Major bummer....but what an idiot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jonjon1324

New

Post by jonjon1324 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Girl: I don't think there's such thing as a bad school. I mean, when is being an attorney ever bad?

Clarity

Bronze

Post by Clarity » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Not overheard but oversaw...a guy with a zip lock bag with all his stuff in it that appeared to be covered in mold.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Talked to a girl who said that she had a 4.0 and was banking on a GPA. Felt like crap until she said that she only finished half of every section. Felt slightly better after being killed by games.

MsAvocadoPit

Bronze

Post by MsAvocadoPit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

This isn't really funny but just one of those oh crap moments

In line waiting for check-in:
Girl behind me: "Sh*t I forgot my I.D., no one has a cell phone here huh?"
She left it in car, with her friend that dropped her off.

Guys behind her: "You should go ask the proctor to let you use their cell phones, that's your best bet"

Me: (Pointing) "Look there's a guy at his car, go ask him!"
(we are at a private university, parking free on weekends, line was about 50 ft away from parking lot).

When I checked in I looked back and saw her at the end of the line, she made it! Obviously, I saved the day. :) 8)

ALSO At check-in, a guy came running up when it was my turn, apparently he had forgotten his photo to attach to ticket and was turned away initially. They told him to go get one at CVS nearby. He said OH HE COULDNT FIND CVS, so he went to a Best Western hotel where they took a crappy black and white photo with a webcam maybe? It was also partially profile view (not looking straight on) It was definitely not up to LSAC standards. But they let him in. I think the girl checking him in felt bad...

He was also seated in my testing room, and *seemed* like the proctors told him it would be okay. They let him take the test. But I wonder if when LSAC gets these tickets back, they will cancel his score maybe?

Nothing else eventful! Standard, easy test-taking experience. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 pm

boredtodeath wrote:A kid in my test room didn't attach a photo to his admission ticket, got through 3 sections of the test and then was told he had to leave and that he couldn't finish the test.

Major bummer....but what an idiot.
They didn't check that when he had to check-in? At my location, they were letting people photocopy their driver's license for the LSAT ticket. They called and cleared it with LSAC, b/c they've had the issue come up so much.

Eberry

Diamond

Post by Eberry » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 pm

"I'm looking for a 147"

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

During our test, one of the text proctor's cell phone alarm went off when she walked out of the room. We loudly heard, "IT'S 8:53!" "IT'S 8:53!" until the test proctor was able to locate her phone and shut it off. Everyone in the room was glaring at the test proctors when the alarm was blaring.

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:03 pm

A girl in my room was just loud and obnoxious before the test started. I'm not really sure who she was talking to but I kinda wanted the test to start just so she would stop talking. She felt the need to loudly announce that she got a 159 the first time but had gotten a 170 so she felt really confident, told everyone about all the study methods she downloaded illegally (which may not be a big deal but it's not something I would shout about right before the LSAT), randomly started talking about law school in Wisconsin and how if you went to law school in Wisconsin you didn't have to take the bar exam. That was all I remember before the test, then during the break when we were waiting to start again she randomly quoted some study from the University of Minnesota about how being in a cold room makes you smarter. I think it was mostly that she was shouting it that annoyed me.

We also spent about 5 minutes discussing whether or not the statement on the answer sheet had to be in cursive or not and then had the same discussion again as to whether or not the writing sample had to be in cursive or not.

Before the test started a girl didn't realize she had to have a picture on the ticket and had to run to CVS to get one, amazingly she made it there and back in about 15 minutes.

Lastly, the girl sitting next to me almost threw up during the writing section.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Guy next to me was talking to this girl and he said he was applying to ASU and the first thing that I thought of when I heard that was "DROVES!!"

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 pm

lilhugsy24 wrote:Guy next to me was talking to this girl and he said he was applying to ASU and the first thing that I thought of when I heard that was "DROVES!!"
[Br3v likes this]

Nat Sherman

New

Post by Nat Sherman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:01 pm

One of the guys before the test pulled out his phone and said "shit I forgot to put this in my car." Watched him hide it in a crack between a bench and the wall. Was actually quite a smart idea, except that they weren't going to start checking us in and the building was next to the parking garage.

The ones I felt bad for.

Overheard a group of older looking people (late 30s-60s) who came as a group and apparently were in an old person study group together. They paid $500 for a four hour course over two Saturdays.

"It doesn't matter what law school you go to your first year. You don't specialize and take electives until your second year. I am just going to go to Louis and Clark and transfer"

One girl who said she was pting in the high 160s saying she just wanted to go to the local T2

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Nat Sherman wrote: One girl who said she was pting in the high 160s saying she just wanted to go to the local T2
Yea, screw the girl who's looking to go to school in the area she lives and who wants to limit law school debt.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
Nat Sherman wrote: One girl who said she was pting in the high 160s saying she just wanted to go to the local T2
Yea, screw the girl who's looking to go to school in the area she lives and who wants to limit law school debt.
Cool man.

lra234

New

Post by lra234 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:27 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
+1

vegso

New

Post by vegso » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:37 pm

This thread makes me happy, my place was completely calm. Good, nice proctors, lots of space, no annoyances at all

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Guy: I didn't really study, you?
40 year old lady: Nah, just kind of want to see how I do. This is kind of like a formality, doesn't really matter. I don't care where I go. (moment's like this when you realize TLS isn't real life)
Guy: Hah, yeah. I only took a prep class.
lady: oh, hah didn't even do that.
Guy: Yeah, also took a few tests. But I was on my phone talking while doing them so doubt they really helped me. (What? how is this even possible)
Lady: that's hilarious

now imagine a 40+ year old lady flirting with a 23 year old for 10 minutes.

indeed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 pm

sinfiery wrote:

indeed.
Jelly??? LOL

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
sinfiery wrote:

indeed.
Jelly??? LOL
Nah, the logistics just weren't possible, my ego is in tact :)

+ he started talking to her so there's that

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:
sinfiery wrote:

indeed.
Jelly??? LOL
:lol:

I thought of you today. :)

North

Gold

Post by North » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Only a couple gems:

"You can't really study for this, it's a logic test."

"If you get a solid 153, you'll get in somewhere."

No good stories, though. Everything went smoothly. I had four Southern grandmothers proctoring my exam. The whole thing was adorable.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”