Overheard at the LSAT

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Walliums » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:10 am

Guy in my section:
-Did not study (I wasn't surprised to hear this from someone)
-Thought he could get into the section with only his photo ID, had to go to another floor to print off his admission ticket
-Didn't know how to access his admission ticket
-Could not follow directions to save his life (this included bubbling in the topic number when we were all told not to, and the proctor then read every next instruction TWICE while looking at him saltily)
-"If I only had one games section, do you think they will count it??"
-After the test proceeded to talk about how he had walked out on his used car salesman job after one week, was soliciting advice on whether he should go back because he "needed the money" and btw he had ignored a call from his manager asking if he was coming in.

FFS dude.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 am

Just remembered a couple other gems.

"I think I'd feel ready for this if it wasn't for the writing section."

One dude showed up to the testing center with his mom, and she stayed with him until we all checked in to the testing room with our IDs.

One guy during the break: "yeah, I forgot my watch, so timing has been tough" - there was a massive analog clock being projected onto the white board at the front of the room

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 am

Walliums wrote:Guy in my section:
-Did not study (I wasn't surprised to hear this from someone)
-Thought he could get into the section with only his photo ID, had to go to another floor to print off his admission ticket
-Didn't know how to access his admission ticket
-Could not follow directions to save his life (this included bubbling in the topic number when we were all told not to, and the proctor then read every next instruction TWICE while looking at him saltily)
-"If I only had one games section, do you think they will count it??"
-After the test proceeded to talk about how he had walked out on his used car salesman job after one week, was soliciting advice on whether he should go back because he "needed the money" and btw he had ignored a call from his manager asking if he was coming in.

FFS dude.


Definitely Harvard material

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Walliums » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:One guy during the break: "yeah, I forgot my watch, so timing has been tough" - there was a massive analog clock being projected onto the white board at the front of the room


Oh good god.

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Walliums » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Walliums wrote:Guy in my section:
-Did not study (I wasn't surprised to hear this from someone)
-Thought he could get into the section with only his photo ID, had to go to another floor to print off his admission ticket
-Didn't know how to access his admission ticket
-Could not follow directions to save his life (this included bubbling in the topic number when we were all told not to, and the proctor then read every next instruction TWICE while looking at him saltily)
-"If I only had one games section, do you think they will count it??"
-After the test proceeded to talk about how he had walked out on his used car salesman job after one week, was soliciting advice on whether he should go back because he "needed the money" and btw he had ignored a call from his manager asking if he was coming in.

FFS dude.


Definitely Harvard material


I'm even doubtful the TTTT we took the test at would take him... yikes

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Just remembered a couple other gems.

"I think I'd feel ready for this if it wasn't for the writing section."

One dude showed up to the testing center with his mom, and she stayed with him until we all checked in to the testing room with our IDs.

One guy during the break: "yeah, I forgot my watch, so timing has been tough" - there was a massive analog clock being projected onto the white board at the front of the room

One guy brought his mom and who looked to be his younger sister, both went right up to the door with him. Guy was older than me, probably mid 20s.

Also saw a guy from another room get kicked out on break for taking his cell phone out right in front of a proctor. He kept begging for them to be reasonable and swore he didn't use it to cheat and never even turned the screen on. He then threw his phone in the trash thinking this would help his case.

And of course there's always that one guy awkwardly flirting with someone wayyy out of his league (she was smoking hot, him not so much).

User avatar
MediocreAtBest
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am

Nothing interesting happened at mine :cry: I encountered one of those know-it-all people who has something to say about everything, but there was nothing worth sharing. I was looking forward to some comedy.

efficient
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby efficient » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 am

Proctor who was keeping time to other proctor who was reading directions: "Oh, I was supposed to give them 35 minutes for Section 1?"

She gave us 30 minutes for Section 1.

User avatar
dm1683
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:41 am

Mentioned this in the waiters' thread, but some a**hole (who was actually really cute tbh) wore a Patriots jersey to the test. This is in Wisconsin, mind you. Patriots fan in Packer country = a new breed of douchebag.

King of the North
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby King of the North » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm

efficient wrote:Proctor who was keeping time to other proctor who was reading directions: "Oh, I was supposed to give them 35 minutes for Section 1?"

She gave us 30 minutes for Section 1.


Whoa. What?

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

King of the North wrote:
efficient wrote:Proctor who was keeping time to other proctor who was reading directions: "Oh, I was supposed to give them 35 minutes for Section 1?"

She gave us 30 minutes for Section 1.


Whoa. What?


Ummmmm was this when they called time and still gave you 5 min more? Either way this would screw up almost everyone on that first section and I'd be complaing to LSAC...

User avatar
Pozzo
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm

dm1683 wrote:Mentioned this in the waiters' thread, but some a**hole (who was actually really cute tbh) wore a Patriots jersey to the test. This is in Wisconsin, mind you. Patriots fan in Packer country = a new breed of douchebag.

#chessnotcheckers

saf18hornet
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:35 pm

I asked a guy why he wanted to go to law school.
He said having a J.D. just opens up so many doors and possibilities that you don't have without JD next to your name.

I thought, well, you're right, it would make you eligible to take the bar.

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 749
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:49 pm

saf18hornet wrote:I asked a guy why he wanted to go to law school.
He said having a J.D. just opens up so many doors and possibilities that you don't have without JD next to your name.

I thought, well, you're right, it would make you eligible to take the bar.

But has he always wanted to be a lawyer?

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 6178
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:06 pm

saf18hornet wrote:I asked a guy why he wanted to go to law school.
He said having a J.D. just opens up so many doors and possibilities that you don't have without JD next to your name.

I thought, well, you're right, it would make you eligible to take the bar.


not just the bar, the bar for 50 different states plus DC and Puerto Rico. 52 doors.

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby waldorf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Just remembered a couple other gems.

"I think I'd feel ready for this if it wasn't for the writing section."

One dude showed up to the testing center with his mom, and she stayed with him until we all checked in to the testing room with our IDs.

One guy during the break: "yeah, I forgot my watch, so timing has been tough" - there was a massive analog clock being projected onto the white board at the front of the room

One guy brought his mom and who looked to be his younger sister, both went right up to the door with him. Guy was older than me, probably mid 20s.

Also saw a guy from another room get kicked out on break for taking his cell phone out right in front of a proctor. He kept begging for them to be reasonable and swore he didn't use it to cheat and never even turned the screen on. He then threw his phone in the trash thinking this would help his case.

And of course there's always that one guy awkwardly flirting with someone wayyy out of his league (she was smoking hot, him not so much).


The second time I took it (December 2016), a girl had both her mom and dad there. Her mom was upset that she couldn't come in with her daughter.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

bwaldorf wrote:The second time I took it (December 2016), a girl had both her mom and dad there. Her mom was upset that she couldn't come in with her daughter.



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

King of the North
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby King of the North » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm going to throw a fit if they don't let my mom sit next to me and hold my hand during the test. A fit I say.

User avatar
MediocreAtBest
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm

King of the North wrote:I'm going to throw a fit if they don't let my mom sit next to me and hold my hand during the test. A fit I say.


Having my mom next to me would be so stressful lol, she's the most negative person.

saf18hornet
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
King of the North wrote:I'm going to throw a fit if they don't let my mom sit next to me and hold my hand during the test. A fit I say.


Having my mom next to me would be so stressful lol, she's the most negative person.


+180

User avatar
runnergirl159
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby runnergirl159 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Pre- LSAT:

Me: So what score are you aiming for today?

Him: 170s for sure.

Post LSAT:

Me: So do you think you hit 170?

Him: I don't know, I never hit 170 in a prep test.

Me: Oh, what was your PT range?

Him: 160-65

Smh at people who think they'll turn into an LSAT master on D-day and miraculously get 10-15 more questions right than usual.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
King of the North wrote:I'm going to throw a fit if they don't let my mom sit next to me and hold my hand during the test. A fit I say.


Having my mom next to me would be so stressful lol, she's the most negative person.


+180


If anyone was going to sit next to me it would have been my tutor that I worked with in my weak areas. Had the most calming presence that just made me relax and I did so much better on questions when working with her next to me.

King of the North
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby King of the North » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 pm

vtdelt wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
King of the North wrote:I'm going to throw a fit if they don't let my mom sit next to me and hold my hand during the test. A fit I say.


Having my mom next to me would be so stressful lol, she's the most negative person.


+180


If anyone was going to sit next to me it would have been my tutor that I worked with in my weak areas. Had the most calming presence that just made me relax and I did so much better on questions when working with her next to me.


If my tutor sits next to me I'm paying them to tell me the right answers.

User avatar
MediocreAtBest
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm

I did have a girl say she took the LSAT without studying and got a 154, but then after that she said she signed up for a course and got a 164 on her diagnostic so idk what the hell is going on there lol.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I did have a girl say she took the LSAT without studying and got a 154, but then after that she said she signed up for a course and got a 164 on her diagnostic so idk what the hell is going on there lol.


Clearly in this instance a retake was beneficial. TLS wins again




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests