Prepping the 2nd time...

rso11

Prepping the 2nd time...

Postby rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 am

Hey all - I just took the Oct. LSAT but am not feeling all that good about it and am going to retake in Dec. I prepped the first time around w/ self study - the PowerScore LG and LR Bibles and I also did several PTs. Somehow this seems not to have been that effective though. Any thoughts on alternate strategies? Or, for those of you who have retaken the test, what did you do to prep the second time around?

CanadianWolf

Re: Prepping the 2nd time...

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:51 am

To state the obvious, consider enrolling in a Powerscore course.

rso11

Postby rso11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am

There aren't any in my area. I thought about enrolling in an online course; not sure which one is best though. And I've heard the online are basically a rehash of the Bible info.

Going off that - does anyone have experience w/ an online course?

balzern

Postby balzern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:55 am

Yeah I do. First, don't discredit yourself just yet. You don't know your score and you could be surprised at what your actual score is when it is released. Ok now to what I have to say about online courses. Took the test in June and felt awful after the test. Self- prepped and took MANY Pts but still did poorly. I looked around at online courses and decided to go with Blueprint and took their Blueprint: The Movie online course. It is about 100 hours and 16 lessons. Each lesson is 4 hours of video with 4-8 hours of homework (out of work books that are sent to you). Then sporadically throughout the course there are practice tests and review Workshops. The lessons have funny remarks from the instructors and pop culture references. Sounds kinda crazy, but I actually enjoyed the lessons a lot. It is a lot of work but the homework helps a ton. My diagnostic with the class was a 159 and one of my final practice tests was a 170. I HIGHLY recommend the course. I felt super confident after this October administration and that confidence really matters I think. Obviously I don't know my score but I want to be in the 160s and I am pretty sure that I got in that range. If you have any other questions you could email BP Colin who is on these boards a lot or just look at their website.

hokie

Postby hokie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:31 pm

I am in the same situation as you; I prepped using both bibles and approximately half of the pts. My belief is that the bibles contains pretty much all of the strategy I need to prepare for the test. So my game plan is to continually do pt's, review the bibles, and mainly get my timing down (which was my main issue in October). Unless you have all of the information in both bibles down cold (and it still didn't help you), I don't believe the benefits justify the cost of the course. Just my two cents :wink:

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:38 pm

If you used the PowerScore Logic Games Bible, then you should feel very confident about that portion of the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”