LSAT in Seoul

niederbomb

LSAT in Seoul

Postby niederbomb » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 am

Who just took the LSAT in Seoul two hours ago at Yonsei University?

Someone? I expected to already see a thread on here, as there were 500 people taking it.

Anyway, PM me if you took it here; I'd like to find out which RC section was experimental and what the curve probably is. I'm guessing -9 or -10 since LG was TOO EASY, even though I ran out of time on the fourth game and guessed on the last 4.

yu9ePUsw

Re: LSAT in Seoul

Postby yu9ePUsw » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 pm

BUMP for the October 2011 Test Takers!!

It's amazing that you had 500 testers in One Sitting at a University. Yikes.

soulpower

Postby soulpower » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 am

so the non experimental RC was the one with an opera passage.

what was the real LR section? I had one with 25 questions (1st section) and another one with 26 questions (3rd section) and another with 26 (5th section). My hunch was the first 25 question one was experimental but I am worried since that means we had 26LR and 26LR.... Can someone please let me know which one was experimental?

BTW, I thought RC was hard :'(
LG felt really easy but I had to guess on the last 2 and wasn't confident about one question, which means I didn't do well in that section since I usually get 0 to -1 wrong ... I wonder if I should cancel :'(

feline

Postby feline » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 am

soulpower wrote:so the non experimental RC was the one with an opera passage.

what was the real LR section? I had one with 25 questions (1st section) and another one with 26 questions (3rd section) and another with 26 (5th section). My hunch was the first 25 question one was experimental but I am worried since that means we had 26LR and 26LR.... Can someone please let me know which one was experimental?

BTW, I thought RC was hard :'(
LG felt really easy but I had to guess on the last 2 and wasn't confident about one question, which means I didn't do well in that section since I usually get 0 to -1 wrong ... I wonder if I should cancel :'(

Ah... darn... I bombed my LG and here's someone who's saying it felt really easy..... :cry:
anyway, I had 2 LRs.. the first one had 25 questions and the second one 26 questions.... so it seems your third section was experimental cuz I read it somewhere here the experimental is always within the first three sections...

ionoiforgot

Postby ionoiforgot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 am

To the person asking about the RC,

If you recall what questions were in your reading comprehension, then I can probably recall and help you narrow it down.
I do recall there being an opera passage and I had 2 LG sections. So that opera section apparently is scored.

Anyone else have 2 LG sections?
--
Also to the previous post, yes there is typically a trend of having the experimental section being within the first 3 sections. There was this minority movement on the threads earlier talking about the 4th section being an experimental....I'm not sure if that was a really hard attempt at trolling, but I would presume that this year wasn't a special year to break tradition.
--
Lastly, not sure if there were 500 people taking the test at Yonsei. The place definitely didn't seem that full. I was thinking more along the lines of just 100+ or so. My room had like ~30 people, and it was alphabetical assignment. The proctors were pretty chill; had mediocre English skills and weren't too familiar with LSAT procedure. There weren't any major violations of protocol and the experience was alright.

tokes

Postby tokes » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

ionoiforgot - I had two LG sections (took the test in Tokyo, which I believe is the same as that in Seoul). My section order was RC, LR, LG, LR, LG. I believe the first LG was experimental and incidentally the same as some US test takers' experimental sections (wine labels I think?).

ionoiforgot

Postby ionoiforgot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 pm

tokes wrote:ionoiforgot - I had two LG sections (took the test in Tokyo, which I believe is the same as that in Seoul). My section order was RC, LR, LG, LR, LG. I believe the first LG was experimental and incidentally the same as some US test takers' experimental sections (wine labels I think?).

Yea, I believe so too. I had the same order and the same experimental.
Just curious though, was your last LG one that included a question about an auction? For some reason I feel our scored LG was completely different from the State-side one. I could of course be completely wrong..

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Dang thats a lot of people taking it in one location. I may actually take the LSAT at Yonsei, is everything in english? thanks

tokes

Postby tokes » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:33 pm

ionoiforgot wrote:
tokes wrote:ionoiforgot - I had two LG sections (took the test in Tokyo, which I believe is the same as that in Seoul). My section order was RC, LR, LG, LR, LG. I believe the first LG was experimental and incidentally the same as some US test takers' experimental sections (wine labels I think?).

Yea, I believe so too. I had the same order and the same experimental.
Just curious though, was your last LG one that included a question about an auction? For some reason I feel our scored LG was completely different from the State-side one. I could of course be completely wrong..

It may have...I should have written it all down after the test because now my mind is devoid of all LSAT memories. I do know it definitely didn't have a bicycle game, so yeah, I think every scored section was different from the US test, which has been the case in the past (and also blows because ours is not disclosed).

xssch

Postby xssch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 pm

is there anyone prepping for the next round? i'm looking for a study/mock test group!

kyeyeoni27

Postby kyeyeoni27 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:10 am

xssch - im taking next (December 2011) exam....

i have been panicking and wow... it's very stressful!!

Squiddy

Postby Squiddy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:48 am

I'm prepping for February but I would love to join a study group!

kyeyeoni27

Postby kyeyeoni27 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 am

you had two LG section???
I wish December test would come with 2 LG section... but feels like it's going to be 2 RC section..

kyeyeoni27

Postby kyeyeoni27 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:15 am

Squiddy wrote:I'm prepping for February but I would love to join a study group!

Hi, im taking December one..
currently im studying alone this month...
I actually wanted to look for study group, but seems its little hard to findthat fits me..
How are you preparing exam??

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”