LR WAS INSANE

Sinra

Re: LR WAS INSANE

Postby Sinra » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I feel like this question was directly aimed at LRB and their methods. I think I ended up choosing correctly (of course I have no real idea!) but there was definitely one answer that fit perfectly with LRB's "find this!" method for assumptions. However, I hold that it was the red herring answer for sure. I don't think it was necessary like the other one was.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 pm

I had no problem on the 24 question LR, but some problems on 26 question one. And I will say that LR questions were alittle more tricky than in previous tests.

I'm pretty sure I missed one LR question for sure, but I feel really good about the rest of the questions for the most part. I don't think I'll get more than -3 on LR in total, even if I did make some dumb mistakes.

Also, I figured out the red herring as soons as I set up the diagram.

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:47 pm

I thought in the 26 question LR section there were more questions then usual that tried to trick you and even though I thought I had the right answer I was not that sure with it. The last question on the section was parallel reasoning and it was a very tough one in comparison with other parallel reasoning questions. After being so flustered with the hiring practice question I just guessed out of frustration and had little time left.

I am hoping the LR difficulty and the difficulty that people seemed to have with LG will give us a -11 curve.

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:51 pm

beidoun wrote:I thought in the 26 question LR section there were more questions then usual that tried to trick you and even though I thought I had the right answer I was not that sure with it. The last question on the section was parallel reasoning and it was a very tough one in comparison with other parallel reasoning questions. After being so flustered with the hiring practice question I just guessed out of frustration and had little time left.

I am hoping the LR difficulty and the difficulty that people seemed to have with LG will give us a -11 curve.

I was so up the rule of law's ass that I don't even remember that last one AT ALL. Not even a little. But I remember doing it quickly so I was pretty sure about it. But I have no idea what it actually was.

padthai

Postby padthai » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh man, I came out of the test feeling I did ok...no big dilemmas
but after a couple of minutes of being on this site, I keep 2nd guessing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 pm

I have to admit. There were a whole lot of traps in LR. In hindsight, I'd be willing to change my curve prediction to -12.

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:22 pm

padthai wrote:Oh man, I came out of the test feeling I did ok...no big dilemmas
but after a couple of minutes of being on this site, I keep 2nd guessing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be second guessing my self all the way till October 29th with you. Worst part is that I dont remember most of my answers ont he tough questions people are talking about, so I can not even take any reassurance that I got the question right.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:23 pm

#26 LR section was insanely hard. Literally.

yabuddy

Postby yabuddy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:23 pm

i thought LR had either really hard or really easy questions

Most of the i just cruised through and had no problems but the ones I couldnt get right away seemed to take forever

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Ragged wrote:I had no problem on the 24 question LR, but some problems on 26 question one. And I will say that LR questions were alittle more tricky than in previous tests.

I'm pretty sure I missed one LR question for sure, but I feel really good about the rest of the questions for the most part. I don't think I'll get more than -3 on LR in total, even if I did make some dumb mistakes.

I didn't have a 24 LR. I had 25 25 26 for the three.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I thought LR was pretty easy. I definitely felt better about it than most of my PT, but then again LR is by far my best section, always. I probably missed a couple bc there's always SOMETHING, but I doubt it was many.
I also did not do LRB, so maybe it seemed easy because I wasn't prone to the traps people are talking about.

I thought LG SUCKED so I'm just hoping the difficulty with LR for others gives a nice curve!! ;) wouldn't be shocked if I missed over half of that section. Or all of it. Bleh. ugh.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I thought LR was pretty easy. I definitely felt better about it than most of my PT, but then again LR is by far my best section, always. I probably missed a couple bc there's always SOMETHING, but I doubt it was many.
I also did not do LRB, so maybe it seemed easy because I wasn't prone to the traps people are talking about.

I thought LG SUCKED so I'm just hoping the difficulty with LR for others gives a nice curve!! ;) wouldn't be shocked if I missed over half of that section. Or all of it. Bleh. ugh.

I feel the same way for the most part. LG is always -0 -1 in my PTs, definitely my strongest section. The artifacts game threw me for some reason, and I'm slowly becoming obsessed with it.

As for LR, I found it easier than PTs. I finished both sections with more than enough time to go back and review the questions I'd circled as being the most difficult. The cooking question and the car thieves question had correct answers that popped out at me the second time reviewing them. I did think this LR section had correct answer choices that were definitely not good answers, but were the BEST answer out of the choices. I think that's what made it tricky.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 pm

3|ink wrote:I have to admit. There were a whole lot of traps in LR. In hindsight, I'd be willing to change my curve prediction to -12.

I did not sense any traps. This means either that I didn't fall for any of the traps or I fell for every trap. Therefore ____.

Which of the following is the best conclusion?

A) I fell for every. Single. Trap.
B) I fell for every. Single. Trap.
C) I fell for every. Single. Trap.
D) I fell for every. Single. Trap.
E) Chefs have organs.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:55 pm

The worst was that Lil Wayne question on the experimental. God! I was so stunned it was even on there that I couldnt concentrate. I spent like 2 minutes reading it to confirm that the name "Lil Wayne" was actually in front of me. On the LSAT. :shock:

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:05 pm

padthai wrote:Oh man, I came out of the test feeling I did ok...no big dilemmas

Welcome to my life. lol

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:11 pm

minnbills wrote:
Ragged wrote:I had no problem on the 24 question LR, but some problems on 26 question one. And I will say that LR questions were alittle more tricky than in previous tests.

I didn't have a 24 LR. I had 25 25 26 for the three.

I guess I meant 25 LR. Forgot. In any case. I didn't have a problem on that.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:14 pm

alphagamma wrote:
3|ink wrote:I have to admit. There were a whole lot of traps in LR. In hindsight, I'd be willing to change my curve prediction to -12.

I did not sense any traps. This means either that I didn't fall for any of the traps or I fell for every trap. Therefore ____.

E) Chefs have organs.

I felt as if there were some tricky ones, however, compared to how i felt on the PT i went through these quicker and had some time to check over.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm

wish I would have gotten the Lil Wayne Experimental

on the other hand I dont because I wouldnt have wanted three LRs, best section Id like to know that every question i hit there counts.

I guess its better for your best section to be the one that theres two of *shrug*

im in the rationalization stage haha

super6

Postby super6 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 am

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the following conditions exist:
I cannot be on TLS forums forums unless I'm awesome because I cannot be on TLS forums unless I'm going to law school.

Between being awesome and going to law school, which implies the other?

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:53 am

alphagamma wrote:

E) Chefs have organs.

I didn't feel like it at the time, but reading everyone talking about questions, I'm like, frack, did I fall into a trap and spend the rest of the test walking around some LSAT netherworld, cause that's what it feels like.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 am

eit wrote:
alphagamma wrote:

E) Chefs have organs.

I didn't feel like it at the time, but reading everyone talking about questions, I'm like, frack, did I fall into a trap and spend the rest of the test walking around some LSAT netherworld, cause that's what it feels like.

"LSAT netherworld" made me seriously shudder. I imagine some Hellraiser-esque dimension where I'm forced to redo every question I've ever gotten wrong, but somehow can't manage to get them right.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 am

There were a LOT more traps than usual LR sections. I mean, noticeably more. And these arent just traps on the very hard LR, traps that im sure MANY people would fall for. Whether this translates into a harder LR it remains to be seen. With hard LR questions, people are always going to miss them. But with traps, they cause mistakes on otherwise easy problems....

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 am

Sandro777 wrote:There were a LOT more traps than usual LR sections. I mean, noticeably more. And these arent just traps on the very hard LR, traps that im sure MANY people would fall for. Whether this translates into a harder LR it remains to be seen. With hard LR questions, people are always going to miss them. But with traps, they cause mistakes on otherwise easy problems....

The thing with the LSAT is that all our prep is telling us that the writers are trying to trick us and make very attractive answers the wrong answer. I felt with this test, that a lot of the traps were with making a lot of obvious answers the right answer, because of course we're going to assume "that's way too easy to be correct". At least that's the way I felt.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 am

DearCan wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:There were a LOT more traps than usual LR sections. I mean, noticeably more. And these arent just traps on the very hard LR, traps that im sure MANY people would fall for. Whether this translates into a harder LR it remains to be seen. With hard LR questions, people are always going to miss them. But with traps, they cause mistakes on otherwise easy problems....

The thing with the LSAT is that all our prep is telling us that the writers are trying to trick us and make very attractive answers the wrong answer. I felt with this test, that a lot of the traps were with making a lot of obvious answers the right answer, because of course we're going to assume "that's way too easy to be correct". At least that's the way I felt.

Also this LR had some of the hardest parallel reasoning questions I've seen.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 am

DearCan wrote:
eit wrote:
alphagamma wrote:

E) Chefs have organs.

"LSAT netherworld" made me seriously shudder. I imagine some Hellraiser-esque dimension where I'm forced to redo every question I've ever gotten wrong, but somehow can't manage to get them right.

Whenever anyone says trap, I think of a forest floor covered with branches or something and stepping into the trap and falling into a pit. My metaphor was something along the lines of I fell into a trap and maybe I never came out, just wandered around the tunnels connecting all these pits... that sounded/looked better in my head.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”