Guessed Questions vs. Actual Total Wrong

IsaacH12

Guessed Questions vs. Actual Total Wrong

Postby IsaacH12 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 am

Just curious, how many questions do people around here usually miss in addition to the questions they guess on? For instance, does a 'guessed on 3' usually translate into a -7, -10, -13, etc.? On the practice tests, I find that I usually miss a good 6-7 per test in addition to the ones I guessed on, just out of silly mistakes or not picking up stuff in the wording of the questions.

I'm asking cuz I know I guessed on at least 4 on the actual thing today, and am trying to figure out whether I should cancel or not. What do people think?

The Gentleman

Re: Guessed Questions vs. Actual Total Wrong

Postby The Gentleman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am

When you say "guessed on", do you mean straight-up blind guessing or somewhat rushed educated guessing?

IsaacH12

Postby IsaacH12 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:26 am

'Guessed' as in questions in which you either: 1) run out of time and just random bubble, or 2) you read through the question and still have no clue what the hell it's talking about and can't narrow things down to 3 choices or less.

Sorry for the complex definition. I've studied so much for this test that I'm starting to sound like it.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:42 am

IsaacH12 wrote:I find that I usually miss a good 6-7 per test in addition to the ones I guessed on

IsaacH12 wrote:I'm asking cuz I know I guessed on at least 4 on the actual thing today

Assuming that everything else went about the same as your PTs, 7 misses + 4 guesses = 11 misses? So 168-171 depending on the curve?

IBThatGuy

Postby IBThatGuy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:59 pm

On the bright side, there are occasional strings of the same answer. In one practice test, I got three out of five guesses right on a logic game. Awesome. Can't bank on it, but it's possible.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”