Apply with a Low score and Transfer after a year possible? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
DoctorLaw

Bronze

Apply with a Low score and Transfer after a year possible?

Post by DoctorLaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

Okay... Since I took the LSAT today for the first time... I thinking of sticking with whatever the score i get and applying early decision... to the law schools that I have in mind that might take me with the numbers I have in my head...

My real question is that is it possible to transfer out of Law school after you first year to a better tier 3 or 1 depending on your grades and gpa in law school?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Apply with a Low score and Transfer after a year possible?

Post by bk1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am

No. If your current score isn't good enough for the school(s) you want then you should retake and either late or next cycle.

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 am

DoctorLaw wrote:Okay... Since I took the LSAT today for the first time... I thinking of sticking with whatever the score i get and applying early decision... to the law schools that I have in mind that might take me with the numbers I have in my head...

My real question is that is it possible to transfer out of Law school after you first year to a better tier 3 or 1 depending on your grades and gpa in law school?
Possible yes, likely... no. The people who are at the top of the classes generally are the people with fat scholarships due to high LSAT scores.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:16 am

It will be easier to study for a retake than it will be to try and be at the top of your class so you can transfer.

Don't go to a law school you wouldn't want to graduate from. And please consider retaking.

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:29 am

Transferring should be your last resort, hail-mary, livin on a prayer move.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”