Question on 3 LSAT limits

blackswan

Question on 3 LSAT limits

Postby blackswan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:37 pm

I took my first LSAT on September 26, 2009
Second, on December 05, 2009
Third, today October 09, 2010

Although, I canceled the score for the first one I took, I've read that it still counts toward 3 limits. So then I exhausted all my bullets, but I was able to register for December 2010 few minutes ago.

Canceled score doesn't count? Am I in for December?
I am confused and LSAC doesnt' open until Monday. :(

Pleasye

Re: Question on 3 LSAT limits

Postby Pleasye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:57 pm

blackswan wrote:I took my first LSAT on September 26, 2009

Although, I canceled the score for the first one I took, I've read that it still counts toward 3 limits. So then I exhausted all my bullets, but I was able to register for December 2010 few minutes ago.

Cancelled score counts. I don't know why it let you register but you can't take it again.

hokie

Postby hokie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:59 pm

As posted by policestate1234 in a nearly identical thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90729

Simply put, canceled scores DO count (but not absences), so you cannot take it a fourth time within a two year limit. HOWEVER, you may email schools to send a waiver to allow you to take it again (at least that is the gist I got from the thread). GL 8)

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:01 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
blackswan wrote:I took my first LSAT on September 26, 2009

Cancelled score counts. I don't know why it let you register but you can't take it again.

blackswan

Postby blackswan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:07 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:Cancelled score counts. I don't know why it let you register but you can't take it again.

That's exactly why I am confused.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Even though the system tentatively let you register for December, it will veto/undo that registration once their databases update and the computers notice that you have already taken it 3 times in the last 2 years. You'll get an email or letter in the mail or both at some point.

If you want/need to take it again, just get a LS admissions office to send out their boiler plate letter to LSAC that the secretary or somebody inputs your name and info into.

To get that type of permission/waiver for an exception to the 3 times in two years rule I would suggest you show up in person to the admissions office of a LS you are considering to request them to grant you permission for a re-take rather than trying to get it done the lazy way via email. If you are serious about and determined to take the LSAT again and thinking you can and will do better I think you should have the motivation to drive to a LS and work this out so you can take it again.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”