If I register for the December LSAT right now, will my apps Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

If I register for the December LSAT right now, will my apps

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 pm

... be delayed? I'd like to secure my spot for the December LSAT if need be (Since, along with a lot of other people, my score is totally up in the air) and then cancel the reg. in November. My question is this: My applications are all in, waiting for this Oct LSAT to come in to go Complete, and I'm concerned that signing up for the Dec. LSAT as well might stop them from reading my file (Since I'll have a pending, future score?).

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Should I cancel the December registration and just hope I don't need it? I'd like my applications to be read ASAP and don't want the specter of a future December test stopping them.

rso11

Bronze

Re: If I register for the December LSAT right now, will my apps

Post by rso11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:... be delayed? I'd like to secure my spot for the December LSAT if need be (Since, along with a lot of other people, my score is totally up in the air) and then cancel the reg. in November. My question is this: My applications are all in, waiting for this Oct LSAT to come in to go Complete, and I'm concerned that signing up for the Dec. LSAT as well might stop them from reading my file (Since I'll have a pending, future score?).

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Should I cancel the December registration and just hope I don't need it? I'd like my applications to be read ASAP and don't want the specter of a future December test stopping them.
Well, I mean you can't send in your scores till you have your Oct. LSAT right? So if you do well, then just cancel the Dec registration and send the apps in. Even if you've put Dec on your apps (in that 'future LSAT' section) you can just get rid of that since if you don't end up taking it it's irrelevant. If you DO end up taking the Dec, I'm pretty sure it will delay your processing (i.e. they won't look at it anyway until the Dec scores are in).

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

i'm wondering the same thing. after seeing my score, I might want some schools to go ahead and consider my application and some schools to wait. i dont know if i can though. would be neat.

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 pm

i wonder if, for the schools who you'd have a good chance at getting into with a current lsat score, it would even matter. they usually take the highest score anyway. so maybe they wont care unless you specifically ask them to wait and consider a pending future lsat?

Destined

New

Post by Destined » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:52 pm

maybe bc theyd worry that youd use it to get more aid/money

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Nightrunner wrote:The VAST majority of schools will not render an official decision for you if they know you have a pending LSAT.
Thanks for that NR. So would you suggest that I chance it and drop my December LSAT? There are 8 LSAT test locations (Goooo Northern California!) within 20 miles of my house so I don't know if they'd ALL fill up regardless.

My utmost concern is with getting my file read ASAP. My gut feeling is... get rid of my December registration. Your take?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Nightrunner wrote:The VAST majority of schools will not render an official decision for you if they know you have a pending LSAT.
this. I already know my score (June) and have all of my apps in but am considering a retake in December. I am going to wait until the end to decide (especially because I'm leaning towards NOT retaking) because my apps wouldn't be looked at. You can however apparently call/write a note and tell them to go ahead and consider your app... this is what I;ve heard...

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Barbie wrote:
this. I already know my score (June) and have all of my apps in but am considering a retake in December. I am going to wait until the end to decide (especially because I'm leaning towards NOT retaking) because my apps wouldn't be looked at. You can however apparently call/write a note and tell them to go ahead and consider your app... this is what I;ve heard...
Hi there Barb, I enjoyed playing with you in my young'in days.

On topic: Did you take the test today too?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Nope, I had originally signed up to but didn't get around to studying in time. I am not sure I understand the first sentence, though?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Barbie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Nope, I had originally signed up to but didn't get around to studying in time. I am not sure I understand the first sentence, though?
I played with Barbie dolls (didn't every little girl?), that's all it meant. Not much to understand or not understand, unless you didn't know what your handle is named after? LOL =]

So you just went <Absence> on Oct., or did you cancel your reg. by the deadline?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
So you just went <Absence> on Oct., or did you cancel your reg. by the deadline?
Cancelled by deadline. Barely. I didn't really study for June and this is my last shot at the LSAT so I want to all or nothing it. If I'm not PTing at least 3-4 pts above the score I already have, I surely will not retake. But in case I retake and do WORSE :(, I want my apps that were in early to be considered as early applications... (because I'll need that tiny boost)

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Some say they will go ahead and consider once your app goes complete. Some you can ask to hold it pending a later score. Others you can just apply to some soon and others after the Dec LSAT

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Barbie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Cancelled by deadline. Barely. I didn't really study for June and this is my last shot at the LSAT so I want to all or nothing it. If I'm not PTing at least 3-4 pts above the score I already have, I surely will not retake. But in case I retake and do WORSE :(, I want my apps that were in early to be considered as early applications... (because I'll need that tiny boost)
I understand that... as I made this post, I'm very concerned about early status on my apps! Particularly Cornell's EA program.

Could you point me in the right direction for canceling registration? I am on the LSAC site right now and it's less than forthcoming about HOW to receive your partial refund, besides sending a "written request" to their Newton address, signed and dated requesting the cancellation. Is there not a form for doing so? It seems like there should be, since there's a form for everything...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Some say they will go ahead and consider once your app goes complete. Some you can ask to hold it pending a later score. Others you can just apply to some soon and others after the Dec LSAT
So a crapshoot then... This should be a field on the Pre-Req Spreadsheet!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:15 pm

I have no idea. I think it just credited back to the card I used... If you don't know how to request it, just search LSAC for "refund"

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Barbie wrote:I have no idea. I think it just credited back to the card I used... If you don't know how to request it, just search LSAC for "refund"
Great idea, if I could only find the freaking Search function. They do not make it easy. Back to looking... nice chatting. How's Ken btw?

Edit; My GoogleFu won out and I found the Refund Request form in PDF format from Lsacnet.com (Which is a mirror for Lsac.org, I guess?)

Looks legit and has the correct address in Newton, PA so I guess I'm good to go.
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Barbie wrote:I have no idea. I think it just credited back to the card I used... If you don't know how to request it, just search LSAC for "refund"
Great idea, if I could only find the freaking Search function. They do not make it easy. Back to looking... nice chatting. How's Ken btw?
It's easy to find, you just can't sign in first. Here:
http://lsac.org/search-results-portal.a ... ery=refund+

and Ken is out drinking. Considering joining him..

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Barbie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
It's easy to find, you just can't sign in first. Here:
http://lsac.org/search-results-portal.a ... ery=refund+

and Ken is out drinking. Considering joining him..
Yeah, the whole "not signed in" thing confuses the bejesus out of me, which seems par for the course with anything to do with LSAC.

I'd say go join him! If my husband was home we'd be out getting bamboozled as well. I have 2 essays to write anyway. Damn obligations to hell!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”