December test prep

northwood

December test prep

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 pm

well... im not sure how i did today, pretty confident that I did well, but at the same time I wont know until november... which leaves a month before december, so although im taking 2 weeks off, ive allready registered for the december test and decided to start a thread. ALl those who are going to destroy this december test, and drop kick it into oblivion feel free to join! CHEERS!!!!!!!

voltage88

Re: December test prep

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 pm

hip hip hooray! i'm gonna start studying for it in a couple weeks. let the mind rest, work on personal statement, etc etc. my only worry is that my apps will be sent in late. but i've heard mixed commentary regarding whether december is considered "late" or not. hopefully not.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:17 pm

i dont think its considered late in the cycle until after jan 1.. Im going to have everything ready and done so all I have to do is hit submit- then i'm done.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Pretty sure Jan is considered late. Isn't Feb like the latest?

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:29 pm

northwood wrote:i dont think its considered late in the cycle until after jan 1.. Im going to have everything ready and done so all I have to do is hit submit- then i'm done.

yeah, same here. the only thing needed to go complete will be that december score. i dont think it's late either. i've heard most schools get a majority of their applications close to the deadline. as long as you send them out asap after the scores are released then it should be ok.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 pm

tazmolover wrote:Pretty sure Jan is considered late. Isn't Feb like the latest?

Well some deadlines on LSAC say March, so I'd consider January to be *really* freaking late, yea.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm

voltage88 wrote:
northwood wrote:i dont think its considered late in the cycle until after jan 1.. Im going to have everything ready and done so all I have to do is hit submit- then i'm done.

yeah, same here. the only thing needed to go complete will be that december score. i dont think it's late either. i've heard most schools get a majority of their applications close to the deadline. as long as you send them out asap after the scores are released then it should be ok.

There is a very interesting set of graphs hanging around here on TLS (I always forget to book mark it...) that show the top X schools' acceptance patterns vs. time and the majority of acceptances definitely come in well before Jan (But that could be a TLS selection sample bias I guess).

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
voltage88 wrote:

There is a very interesting set of graphs hanging around here on TLS (I always forget to book mark it...) that show the top X schools' acceptance patterns vs. time and the majority of acceptances definitely come in well before Jan (But that could be a TLS selection sample bias I guess).

yeah. the earlier you apply, the sooner you hear back. and most people on here apply really early. so it makes sense.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
voltage88 wrote:

Where is this graph?

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks a ton.

Hmmm...

Seems most acceptances are after October..and between december..There's a big influx of acceptances right at the beginning of January - is that in time to get December LSATs in?

mandobob

Postby mandobob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:36 pm

I am going to DESTROY december.....i hope :mrgreen:

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 pm

mandobob wrote:I am going to DESTROY december.....i hope :mrgreen:

you and I both.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”