no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

whatisitsonny
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby whatisitsonny » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:01 pm

no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

anyone else notice this???

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 pm

just don't bubble it

whatisitsonny
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby whatisitsonny » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 pm

ya its whatever but for real?? shouldnt there be an option for that? how many people just left it blank? was it on there before? if it was, why would they remove it?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:45 pm

I left it blank because I want as few people as possible to know I'm white when applying to law school. My name is distinctly white but I figure maybe an AdCom will think it's Mexican and I'll get in for that (ignoring the fact, of course, that they're all intelligent professionals).

LogicGamez
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:48 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:I left it blank because I want as few people as possible to know I'm white when applying to law school. My name is distinctly white but I figure maybe an AdCom will think it's Mexican and I'll get in for that (ignoring the fact, of course, that they're all intelligent professionals).

If you want AA benefits then you have to actually declare yourself as URM.

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:51 pm

LogicGamez wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:I left it blank because I want as few people as possible to know I'm white when applying to law school. My name is distinctly white but I figure maybe an AdCom will think it's Mexican and I'll get in for that (ignoring the fact, of course, that they're all intelligent professionals).

If you want AA benefits then you have to actually declare yourself as URM.


I was tempted to add a "jk" to the end of that last post but figured I didn't have to. URM R SRYS BUSINESS. But yea I was kidding, though I did shortly consider going tanning and claiming to be Mexican on my mom's side. Briefly. Morals kicked in unfortunately.

whatisitsonny
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby whatisitsonny » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:01 pm

so did an option for "other" ever used to be on the bubble sheet? anyone know? and i was thinking, i wonder how many people left it blank? and i was also thinking this: wouldnt a school seeking to improve its diversity numbers be interested in admitting at least some students who choose not to specify their race? for admission statistic puposes? you know, for the admission statistic that says "other" after all the major races to be considered? isnt it something usually like 2.3% or less at most schools?

whatisitsonny
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby whatisitsonny » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 pm

theoretically, if a white person left it blank, wouldnt it at least give them a better chance of not having their application immediately tossed if their application numbers were subpar? Wouldnt the person at adcomm be at least a little bit curious about the lsat writing sample, the personal statement in the application, and the other factors besides the lsat and gpa? or do you think most would say, "oh you left it blank. i know your white and your scores are bad. peace."

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 pm

..

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 pm

whatisitsonny wrote:theoretically, if a white person left it blank, wouldnt it at least give them a better chance of not having their application immediately tossed if their application numbers were subpar? Wouldnt the person at adcomm be at least a little bit curious about the lsat writing sample, the personal statement in the application, and the other factors besides the lsat and gpa? or do you think most would say, "oh you left it blank. i know your white and your scores are bad. peace."

Race in admissions doesn't hurt you or help you unless you are a URM.

White...asian....indian...middle eastern...really doesn't matter.

User avatar
whitefeather2011
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: no "other" box or bubble on the race section of the lsat????

Postby whitefeather2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:45 am

.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, Instrumental, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests