MISBUBBLE FOR THE LOSE! Kind of? what to do

FishOil

MISBUBBLE FOR THE LOSE! Kind of? what to do

Postby FishOil » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Alright, so long story short, I misbubbled somewhere on the RC. I think I killed (read maybe 5-6 wrong total) on the other three sections.

Specifically, I skipped a question early on, caught the mistake and took 5 minutes to fix it. So 1-14 are alright. THEN I get to the end, fill in my last question on 26 and look up to see there are 27 questions....ARRRGGGG I must have done it again. SO I have enough time check and drag down 22-27 so those are my correct answers.

That leaves a misbubble leading to the rest being one off for somewhere between 14 and 21

What I want to know is what you guys would do? First is there any shot that LSAC would look at this on a hand grade? Either way would you just take the score and possibly retake, or would you just cancel and put in another two months for the Dec. 12 test?

Any help is appreciated....... :(

dcman06

Re: MISBUBBLE FOR THE LOSE! Kind of? what to do

Postby dcman06 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 pm

I think they're obligated to mark your answer sheet as is if you get this hand scored.

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Ugh, but not if I had left the last five in the wrong place??? seems so wrong lol and two more months it shall be...

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm

LSAT instructor told me if you ask them to review, and if it is clear enough that there was, in fact, misbubbling they'll change it for you. Didn't say how likely they are to change it, though.

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks Stanford,

From others it seems like my case wouldn't be as ideal as say never realizing that I had missed on early on, lol o well

Silver Lining: Kill the December Test, Raise my GPA, have more time to work on my application, and perhaps wait a year to "apply early" and get some work experience... BOOO lol

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:49 pm

.......or I can take my misbubbled score.... Probably low 160s...??? any thoughts??

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:03 pm

People back in June definitely reported LSAC being reasonable when it came to checking for/correcting misaligned answers. I think the consensus is that if you can tell them correctly where you believe you messed up, and if they see that adjusting a series of bubbles up or down one would bring your score for that section more into line with your score for the other sections, you've got a good shot at it happening. Unfortunately, if you only missed one game/passage worth due to misbubbling, it may be a harder sell.

Definitely though, you should call them and report it. It can't hurt to try. And hey, seeing all those erased answers all over that section on your scantron would certainly lend credence to your claim that you made a mistake, rather than just skipping whichever one you left blank and missing several of the questions before/after it.
Last edited by zworykin on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohlawl

Postby ohlawl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm

FishOil wrote:.......or I can take my misbubbled score.... Probably low 160s...??? any thoughts??

Don't turn down a possible 160+. Keep the score and retake, at the very least you'll show a nice improvement right?

nealric

Postby nealric » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Call the LSAC as soon as they are open for business. Keep calling until you get the answer you want.

I misbubbled in Dec. 2006. The first person I called at LSAC told me they couldn't help me. The scond person hung up on me. The third person told me it would cost $80. Finally, someone at LSAC helped me out and hand scored it for free. It helped that I notified the proctor at the time and the proctor took note of the problem.

Good luck! I wouldn't be where I am today If I hadn't gotten the issue worked out.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”