A lot of cancellations

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:57 am

3|ink wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


Clearly not afraid of self-promotion. I like it.


This was promotional? I thought he was sarcastically making fun of himself.


Your sarcasm detector broke sometime after reading his post and sometime before reading mine. :wink:

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:58 am

incompetentia wrote:
DearCan wrote:"I'm only callin' ya bitches cuz I don't know your names individually, holla if ya hear me."

Image


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:58 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132701

Thread you made where you apparently want to cancel this October retake of a 156(?) you received before?

I'm sure you're enjoying that full ride to UCLA which is why you are retaking the LSAT.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 am

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132701

Thread you made where you apparently want to cancel this October retake of a 156(?) you received before?

I'm sure you're enjoying that full ride to UCLA which is why you are retaking the LSAT.


GAME OVER

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby 3|ink » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:01 am

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132701

Thread you made where you apparently want to cancel this October retake of a 156(?) you received before?

I'm sure you're enjoying that full ride to UCLA which is why you are retaking the LSAT.


I think he meant UG.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:03 am

Pretty sure he meant UG. Some people just aren't good standardized test takers. I've heard this from a lot of people who haven't done well on the LSAT. I'm pretty sure there is a LSAT flaw somewhere here...

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:06 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Clearly not afraid of self-promotion. I like it.


I didn't want to take it there, but what this guy/girl is saying is just insulting.

This whole convo started because I mentioned to YOU that my sister got into Harvard w/ out a great LSAT score.

Listen, i've been reading what you wrote on various threads, and I'm sure you read how I was stressed out about my test day. But the fact is that is that you have to go w/ your gut feeling. If you feel like you missed more than 15-17 go ahead and cancel. If you didn't keep your score, do some research and apply to some schools. I know some great people (my sister included) who do free essay counseling for people they know. If you want her to look at your essay, I can get her to do it. Just write about something your passionate about, make it something you care about.

Either way, I think what people say on some of these forums is simply not realistic. People talking about no being able to find a job ever ever, this that and the other. I think it's because they are limiting themselves to thinking that it must be ONE specific way or NO way. I know people who went to great schools who are MISERABLE working for big firms and others who love it. I know people who went to really crappy schools who are making money and others who are beating themselves up as L2s for not doing better on the LSAT and getting to a better school. I know one girl at UCLA law who got hooked on adderal, which lead to meth, which lead to her shop lifting and getting taken to UCLA medical under psych arrest for 3 days. I know another Harvard law grad who worked for some big firm NYC after graduation. She worked there for 6 years, lived in a hole wall, bought her clothes at thrift shops, saved up, paid her debt off, walked away w/ about 100K in savings and is currently starting her own non-profit. I know a lady (about 10 years older than me) who went to fucking Whittier law school (crappy school) and she makes well over 160K a year as a divorce/pension law attorney in OC. It's what you make of it, it's where you go, who you know, and how much you hustle. The jobs are there if you want to hustle.... but in between all of that you have to wake up, like yourself, and live for the sake of living, not the title of the school or firm. I don't get that way of thinking, it's foreign to me and honestly sounds like a pure insecurity/inferiority complex to me. It's all about perspective and one's outlook of themselves and the world around them. If you feel entitled you're not going to be happy, but if you feel blessed w/ the fact that you're already in the world's top 90% by the sheer fact that you live in this country, went to and graduated from a good university and no matter what you're going to have a well above average LSAT score and will have a good life. *getting off of my soap box now*

You'll be fine where you get into, it's what you decide to do with it that matters.


Wait, what?

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:08 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 am

DearCan wrote:
Wait, what?



This ENTIRE convo started because I mentioned to you that my sister got into Harvard and homeboy/girl didn't think that there was any way for that to occur. But all he/she/it had to do was do a simple search on this very forum to see that soft's do in fact matter for many... but not for those who wasted their undergrads at the library and/or drinking. Ta da.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:12 am


User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 am

incompetentia wrote:Can't we all just get along?

Racist.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Wait, what?



This ENTIRE convo started because I mentioned to you that my sister got into Harvard and homeboy/girl didn't think that there was any way for that to occur. But all he/she/it had to do was do a simple search on this very forum to see that soft's do in fact matter for many... but not for those who wasted their undergrads at the library and/or drinking. Ta da.


I'm sorry, but I didn't solicit your response.

Second, I've never even considered canceling.

Third, don't rage on people because you can't take a joke.

Jesus, I wasn't even a part of this clusterfuck.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 am

I'm in the camp that says if you don't get into a T6 school, you are likely to find trouble getting a "good" job. This is what I hear from friends at T6 and T10 schools. I've heard T14 gives you a decent shot as long as you are not a complete weirdo person on TLS 24-7. Up to T60 or so, I'd say maybe 15-25% shot at a decent job in the region (if you aren't a weirdo).

Of course somebody who goes to NYLS might end up as a partner at a big firm. Just like some child can be picked out to play Harry Potter in 8 films and make 50 million dollars.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:15 am

bartleby wrote:I'm in the camp that says if you don't get into a T6 school, you are likely to find trouble getting a "good" job. This is what I hear from friends at T6 and T10 schools. I've heard T14 gives you a decent shot as long as you are not a complete weirdo person on TLS 24-7. Up to T60 or so, I'd say maybe 15-25% shot at a decent job in the region (if you aren't a weirdo).

Of course somebody who goes to NYLS might end up as a partner at a big firm. Just like some child can be picked out to play Harry Potter in 8 films and make 50 million dollars.

Image
I've done it with a girl. Intercourse-wise.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 am

bartleby wrote:I'm in the camp that says if you don't get into a T6 school, you are likely to find trouble getting a "good" job. This is what I hear from friends at T6 and T10 schools. I've heard T14 gives you a decent shot as long as you are not a complete weirdo person on TLS 24-7. Up to T60 or so, I'd say maybe 15-25% shot at a decent job in the region (if you aren't a weirdo).

Of course somebody who goes to NYLS might end up as a partner at a big firm. Just like some child can be picked out to play Harry Potter in 8 films and make 50 million dollars.

Holy fuck you're insufferable.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 am

naterj wrote:
bartleby wrote:I'm in the camp that says if you don't get into a T6 school, you are likely to find trouble getting a "good" job. This is what I hear from friends at T6 and T10 schools. I've heard T14 gives you a decent shot as long as you are not a complete weirdo person on TLS 24-7. Up to T60 or so, I'd say maybe 15-25% shot at a decent job in the region (if you aren't a weirdo).

Of course somebody who goes to NYLS might end up as a partner at a big firm. Just like some child can be picked out to play Harry Potter in 8 films and make 50 million dollars.

Holy fuck you're insufferable.


+1000

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Wait, what?



This ENTIRE convo started because I mentioned to you that my sister got into Harvard and homeboy/girl didn't think that there was any way for that to occur. But all he/she/it had to do was do a simple search on this very forum to see that soft's do in fact matter for many... but not for those who wasted their undergrads at the library and/or drinking. Ta da.

Funny.

The guy with the low standardized score is questioning the worth of grades in general while irrationally emphasizing the importance of passionate volunteer activity.

Try as you may, even if your anecdotes are true, I've got about a thousand times more anecdotes than you that support my case rather than yours.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:20 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:20 am

Why? I think I'll be lucky to get into a T30 school. I'm just keeping it real and trying to make this waiting period more exciting.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:I'm sorry, but I didn't solicit your response.

Second, I've never even considered canceling.

Third, don't rage on people because you can't take a joke.

Jesus, I wasn't even a part of this clusterfuck.


you're not the one in about a MILLION threads since yesterday freaking out over every single question? cuz I swear i've seen blondie icon about ten thousand times drilling away with "omg maybe i missed -0, -1, -4" you did solicit a response since YOU responded to me first in the cancellation post where I posted my encyclopedia dramatica story of my LSAT day. YOU responded to me and whined about how sad it was cuz you worked so hard and that's why so many people cancel because they want to make sure it's very very bestestestes work eva! I kindly responded.. it's not that hard... flip a few pages back. SO CHILL. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Don't worry, your crappy GPA wont weigh you down. you'll get into a good school, life will go on. Nobody raged. I found it funny that he/she/it couldn't believe in this whole universe people were different than him.


Keep douchebagging on.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:22 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:I'm sorry, but I didn't solicit your response.

Second, I've never even considered canceling.

Third, don't rage on people because you can't take a joke.

Jesus, I wasn't even a part of this clusterfuck.


you're not the one in about a MILLION threads since yesterday freaking out over every single question? cuz I swear i've seen blondie icon about ten thousand times drilling away with "omg maybe i missed -0, -1, -4" you did solicit a response since YOU responded to me first in the cancellation post where I posted my encyclopedia dramatica story of my LSAT day. YOU responded to me and whined about how sad it was cuz you worked so hard and that's why so many people cancel because they want to make sure it's very very bestestestes work eva! I kindly responded.. it's not that hard... flip a few pages back. SO CHILL. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Don't worry, your crappy GPA wont weigh you down. you'll get into a good school, life will go on. Nobody raged. I found it funny that he/she/it couldn't believe in this whole universe people were different than him.


You're the one ranting and you're telling me to chill. I also despise the internet caricature you're painting of me. I think you're a crazy person.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:24 am

DearCan wrote:
You're the one ranting and you're telling me to chill. I also despise the internet caricature you're painting of me. I think you're a crazy person.

Image
I remember when

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 am

DearCan wrote: I also despise the internet caricature you're painting of me.


Internet caricture's are SRS business.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], brewpub16, jagerbom79, jen203 and 18 guests