A lot of cancellations

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 pm

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby littlepixie11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
And none of these were URM or legacies?


My sister is Iranian. As far as I know we are not considered URM, right?

My friend w/ a 162 at UCLA is half white and half Asian. Asian is not URM, right?

The girl with a 155 who just graduated from Berkeley is a white girl from Orange County, but she had a stellar resume with a lot of verifiable work experience in her area of interest... which is immigration law/civil rights. They can tell when you're just "volunteering" for something to fill up your resume or dabbling with "do gooder" issues. It's obvious, and they can also tell when someone is actually into the non-profit work they claim to want to do w/ their law degree.

I know for a fact that none of these people will ever want to work for some big law firm and will be okay with making around 70K a year.

Your friend is an ORM if anything, an overrepresented minority. I am one as well but I got treated like sh1t in HS cause people assumed I was an URM. They were friendly till college admissions time, oh boy.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
And none of these were URM or legacies?


My sister is Iranian. As far as I know we are not considered URM, right?

My friend w/ a 162 at UCLA is half white and half Asian. Asian is not URM, right?

The girl with a 155 who just graduated from Berkeley is a white girl from Orange County, but she had a stellar resume with a lot of verifiable work experience in her area of interest... which is immigration law/civil rights. They can tell when you're just "volunteering" for something to fill up your resume or dabbling with "do gooder" issues. It's obvious, and they can also tell when someone is actually into the non-profit work they claim to want to do w/ their law degree.

I know for a fact that none of these people will ever want to work for some big law firm and will be okay with making around 70K a year.


Anyways this is giving false hope.

99% of people don't fit into this category.

With a 155 and non urm status you can kiss your chances at a t14...seriously...it may not be 100% true but if it's 99.99999999999999% true, I'll uphold it as a maxim.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
And none of these were URM or legacies?


My sister is Iranian. As far as I know we are not considered URM, right?

My friend w/ a 162 at UCLA is half white and half Asian. Asian is not URM, right?

The girl with a 155 who just graduated from Berkeley is a white girl from Orange County, but she had a stellar resume with a lot of verifiable work experience in her area of interest... which is immigration law/civil rights. They can tell when you're just "volunteering" for something to fill up your resume or dabbling with "do gooder" issues. It's obvious, and they can also tell when someone is actually into the non-profit work they claim to want to do w/ their law degree.

I know for a fact that none of these people will ever want to work for some big law firm and will be okay with making around 70K a year.


Anyways this is giving false hope.

99% of people don't fit into this category.

With a 155 and non urm status you can kiss your chances at a t14...seriously...it may not be 100% true but if it's 99.99999999999999% true, I'll uphold it as a maxim.


Sure, but it's like this. If all your friends in HS were jocks, you're going to know about their experiences w/ admission, etc. the most. Most people that I was around in college were "do gooders" so I have heard about their experiences the most.

One girl I know, whose name will go unmentioned but she was the student gov. president at one of the UC's only got a 157 on the LSAT w/ a 3.56 GPA in Political Science. She got a call from Dean at Boalt to encourage her to attend and let her know that she got into the school. It happens. But if you all you did as undergrad was the minimum to fluff your resume, it's not going to happen. I was around a bunch of overachievers, who were trying to "save the world" but were not LSAT book smart. Some may want to hate for them, but I think that they deserve the seat that they got as much as the kid sitting next to them who got a geat LSAT score and had a high GPA but did little else but study and party as an undergrad.


I'm not talking about Most Vs Some.

It's literally a miracle to get in with a 155 into a t14 without curing cancer or urm status.

All you told me is she was active. Had a lot of activities. ????? The logic does not compute.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:09 pm

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
I'm not talking about Most Vs Some.

It's literally a miracle to get in with a 155 into a t14 without curing cancer or urm status.

All you told me is she was active. Had a lot of activities. ????? The logic does not compute.


But none of these people cured cancer. They were just dedicated to the work that they were doing on and off campus. Along with carrying on w/ it when they graduated.

See to you it's an "activity" to them it was a lifestyle and passion... like studying... their reason for actually going to school or wanting to go to attend law school in the first place. The fact that you simply see it as an "activity" clearly shows that you may not actually get it, which means that people reading your resume and essay will also see that.


You can't control your passions. But you can control your test scores and gpa (to a degree).

So you're telling me that some people are just destined for t14 because they have passions that adcomms see as legitimate while I have passions that aren't worth much but I put in more time studying and getting grades.

Yah. Makes me feel great. I thought not being a URM was bad enough. Now I find out I'm being judged because I don't want to go save starving children in Africa or join some political campaign.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

quick question for the people who think they messed up LG. Did you answer them confidently and then figure out that you messed up or did you fail to answer the questions confidently? I ask because I was very confident about LG, but now, with all the doubt around TLS, I am starting to worry.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 pm

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:39 pm

kwais wrote:quick question for the people who think they messed up LG. Did you answer them confidently and then figure out that you messed up or did you fail to answer the questions confidently? I ask because I was very confident about LG, but now, with all the doubt around TLS, I am starting to worry.


I'm worried about LG because I didn't have time to check the hypos in artifacts. There are two or three questions I could potentially get wrong in this game. I was able to use process of elimination and made an educated guess but didn't have enough time to plug and chug. I'm worried because whenever I do LG in PTs I always finish the section 99-100% confident and this wasn't the case for me on this test. It could come back -0 or it could come back -3 or -4 if my educated guesses were wrong.

User avatar
AnthonyNicator
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby AnthonyNicator » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 pm

DearCan wrote:
kwais wrote:quick question for the people who think they messed up LG. Did you answer them confidently and then figure out that you messed up or did you fail to answer the questions confidently? I ask because I was very confident about LG, but now, with all the doubt around TLS, I am starting to worry.


I'm worried about LG because I didn't have time to check the hypos in artifacts. There are two or three questions I could potentially get wrong in this game. I was able to use process of elimination and made an educated guess but didn't have enough time to plug and chug. I'm worried because whenever I do LG in PTs I always finish the section 99-100% confident and this wasn't the case for me on this test. It could come back -0 or it could come back -3 or -4 if my educated guesses were wrong.



Can, what are you worried about? Anyone who is brazen enough to diag the day before the real deal must have some refined skills. Didn't you mention you were around 171-176 range? You're fine. And not to get to specific, but im pretty sure artifacts was a normal sequencing game with that 'either or' type rule.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 pm

AnthonyNicator wrote:
DearCan wrote:
kwais wrote:quick question for the people who think they messed up LG. Did you answer them confidently and then figure out that you messed up or did you fail to answer the questions confidently? I ask because I was very confident about LG, but now, with all the doubt around TLS, I am starting to worry.


I'm worried about LG because I didn't have time to check the hypos in artifacts. There are two or three questions I could potentially get wrong in this game. I was able to use process of elimination and made an educated guess but didn't have enough time to plug and chug. I'm worried because whenever I do LG in PTs I always finish the section 99-100% confident and this wasn't the case for me on this test. It could come back -0 or it could come back -3 or -4 if my educated guesses were wrong.



Can, what are you worried about? Anyone who is brazen enough to diag the day before the real deal must have some refined skills. Didn't you mention you were around 171-176 range? You're fine. And not to get to specific, but im pretty sure artifacts was a normal sequencing game with that 'either or' type rule.


Yeah you're right about the artifacts game for the most part. It was slightly more difficult than normal sequencing games in that there were a lot of hypos to check to be 100% confident, so it took up a lot of time. I got to the game with 12 minutes left, but I think the fact that I was super tired coupled with the hypos just freaked me out.

I was also -0 or -1 in LG on every PT I did, and of course that helped me score between 169-175. So screwing up LG even a little bit could really screw my score.

littlepixie11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby littlepixie11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm sure most people are being overdramatic and aren't actually going to cancel. usually people are more emotional right after the test.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
I'm not talking about Most Vs Some.

It's literally a miracle to get in with a 155 into a t14 without curing cancer or urm status.

All you told me is she was active. Had a lot of activities. ????? The logic does not compute.


But none of these people cured cancer. They were just dedicated to the work that they were doing on and off campus. Along with carrying on w/ it when they graduated.

See to you it's an "activity" to them it was a lifestyle and passion... like studying... their reason for actually going to school or wanting to go to attend law school in the first place. The fact that you simply see it as an "activity" clearly shows that you may not actually get it, which means that people reading your resume and essay will also see that.


You can't control your passions. But you can control your test scores and gpa (to a degree).

So you're telling me that some people are just destined for t14 because they have passions that adcomms see as legitimate while I have passions that aren't worth much but I put in more time studying and getting grades.

Yah. Makes me feel great. I thought not being a URM was bad enough. Now I find out I'm being judged because I don't want to go save starving children in Africa or join some political campaign.


This is precisely the point. You cannot compare the passion of service to others and the passion to self-indulgent achievement as if they are both the same thing. Do you know what happens when you do something selfless for a long period of time? You actually become an interesting person. Just because you don't have the balls to take a few years off and do something of value doesn't mean that it is unfair to reward people who do. Where does the entitlement come from?

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 am

kwais wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
I'm not talking about Most Vs Some.

It's literally a miracle to get in with a 155 into a t14 without curing cancer or urm status.

All you told me is she was active. Had a lot of activities. ????? The logic does not compute.


But none of these people cured cancer. They were just dedicated to the work that they were doing on and off campus. Along with carrying on w/ it when they graduated.

See to you it's an "activity" to them it was a lifestyle and passion... like studying... their reason for actually going to school or wanting to go to attend law school in the first place. The fact that you simply see it as an "activity" clearly shows that you may not actually get it, which means that people reading your resume and essay will also see that.


You can't control your passions. But you can control your test scores and gpa (to a degree).

So you're telling me that some people are just destined for t14 because they have passions that adcomms see as legitimate while I have passions that aren't worth much but I put in more time studying and getting grades.

Yah. Makes me feel great. I thought not being a URM was bad enough. Now I find out I'm being judged because I don't want to go save starving children in Africa or join some political campaign.


This is precisely the point. You cannot compare the passion of service to others and the passion to self-indulgent achievement as if they are both the same thing. Do you know what happens when you do something selfless for a long period of time? You actually become an interesting person. Just because you don't have the balls to take a few years off and do something of value doesn't mean that it is unfair to reward people who do. Where does the entitlement come from?


You contradict what you said.

"Having the balls" to take a few years off and do something?

Anyone can do that. Many people have done that.

What you said before was these people you were referring to not only did stuff but also did them in such a way that it reflected their true "passions".

Tons of people have nearly identical softs as your friends did. Political activists? Club leader? Club founder? Intern?

Same story different ending. Your story makes no sense.

I call bullshit.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:37 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:39 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Tons of people have nearly identical softs as your friends did. Political activists? Club leader? Club founder? Intern?

Same story different ending. Your story makes no sense.

I call bullshit.


hahaha. wtf. the person who are you responding to is not the person (me) who was telling you the stories above. Did you even notice the different usernames?

What the hell would I get out of telling you these "stories" ??? I didn't claim to be one of them. I was simply stating the facts.

I was simply telling you that there are many students who did not get great LSAT scores but are at some great universities right now. I know this for a FACT. These students accomplished and juggled a whole more lot during their undergrad years, than your average typically privileged and entitled student. You may simply not be able to deal w/ the fact that in your own 4 years as an undergrad all you did was fluff up your resume, study, and get good grades. You made the choice to spend your time in such a worthless way, don't hate on people who decided to take on more of a leadership and think OUTSIDE of simply their own selfish desires.

to you, working on these issues is an "activity" as if you are still in HS and doing "activities" to fill up your resume. To some people in the REAL WORLD, it's called a way of life, I am pretty confidant that it's those people who end up being game changers, movers and shakers, and individuals who actually do something in the worlds that benefits people besides themselves. It's sad, but it sounds like you don't actually know that many people like that in real life. It's a real shame. But the fact is that they do exist, they get into great school, they do well in life, and they make a difference in the world... in a small or large way.... which is why they are admitted into the great schools in the first place, get it?

and UGH, NO it's not just being a political activism, club leader, club founder, etc. etc. you clearly do not get it and I am not going to break it down for you so can put together a fake BS essay so that you can try to scam your way into a school. you either KNOW people like this or you try to live it yourself, or you don't. the end. have a great night, thanks for playing. Hopefully you'll do well and get into a great school, but when you do try and actually find something you care about to donate your time (and not just money) too. DO something... anything... and actually LIVE.


You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:47 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


Clearly not afraid of self-promotion. I like it.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


I refuse to take anyone serious when they call me a babe.

User avatar
AverageTutoring
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby AverageTutoring » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 am

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


I refuse to take anyone serious when they call me a babe.


If you are indeed a women this could be construed as a compliment. I call my girlfriend babe and she swoons everytime I say it. I think it has something to do with her wanting to be mine all mine and that the word babe confers some sort of ownership/relationship status that confirms this. Honestly, I just call her babe because I forget her name sometimes.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:54 am

AverageTutoring wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


I refuse to take anyone serious when they call me a babe.


If you are indeed a women this could be construed as a compliment. I call my girlfriend babe and she swoons everytime I say it. I think it has something to do with her wanting to be mine all mine and that the word babe confers some sort of ownership/relationship status that confirms this. Honestly, I just call her babe because I forget her name sometimes.


"I'm only callin' ya bitches cuz I don't know your names individually, holla if ya hear me."

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby 3|ink » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 am

DearCan wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:You're in the wrong fucking game buddy.


hahaha, and what game is that? the game of life?

Listen babe, I am the one that got a full ride scholarship to UCLA doing EXACTLY what I am doing right now. I am the one that got into Columbia and got my masters in a year and a half instead of 2, and I am the one that simply wants to get my JD so that I can work in exactly the field that I am interested in. Clearly I am doing something right. I know that I will be fine and happy and doing work that I love no matter what kind of crappy or great school that I get into. Can you say the same thing?

I am most likely WAY older than you, I am almost 28 & I have dealt with my own insecurities, but I am not as jaded, cynical, or bitter about life.

what "game" exactly are you talking about? do you HONESTLY believe that everyone who goes to law school is simply doing so to make money?


Clearly not afraid of self-promotion. I like it.


This was promotional? I thought he was sarcastically making fun of himself.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:57 am

DearCan wrote:"I'm only callin' ya bitches cuz I don't know your names individually, holla if ya hear me."

Image




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Giro423, Instrumental, jagerbom79, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests