A lot of cancellations

bartleby

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 am

All kidding aside, I found Pride and Prejudice useful for LSAT purposes. People here always say, oh yeah go read Nietzsche or Brothers Karamazov. That's BS. But Austen writes a sentence with 50 words that could be written in four words... there are so many "Elizabeth was not at the very least not unhappy to witness the unfortunate situation unfolding..." it can be useful. I've only read two books by the Bronte sisters. Like them more than PP, SS, MP. George Eliot is probably my favorite 19th century writer though. After J.K. Rowling.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 am

incompetentia wrote:80 kajillion pages later, it's time for me to turn in. I figured I'd leave by, like, 1:15 or 1:30 Eastern...yeah, that worked out.

Keep looking for those abnormal cancellations everybody like we discussed

Goodnight!

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 am

bartleby wrote:All kidding aside, I found Pride and Prejudice useful for LSAT purposes. People here always say, oh yeah go read Nietzsche or Brothers Karamazov. That's BS. But Austen writes a sentence with 50 words that could be written in four words... there are so many "Elizabeth was not at the very least not unhappy to witness the unfortunate situation unfolding..." it can be useful. I've only read two books by the Bronte sisters. Like them more than PP, SS, MP. George Eliot is probably my favorite 19th century writer though. After J.K. Rowling.

I'm a big Henry James fan. Also, The Awakening may be my favorite 19th century novel of all time, with Jane Eyre a close second. Or the other way around. I have a hard time picking favorites.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:55 am

Jane Eyre actually is my favorite book of all time. Unless Percy Jackson Book 2 is as good as was promised. Going to read that now. Must. leave. forum.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:00 am

What is this thread even about, I'm too lazy to actually read it.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 am

I've been trying to brag about how many books I've read to compensate for the fact that I may have missed 8-10 questions in RC.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 am

bartleby wrote:I've been trying to brag about how many books I've read to compensate for the fact that I may have missed 8-10 questions in RC.

Soooo I'm in the right place then.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”