A lot of cancellations

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 am

This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 am

Well below average at Harvard is not even CLOSE to 156 mmmkay?

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 am

CastleRock wrote:This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

It's a slumber party!!!!

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:12 am

bartleby wrote:I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Someone told me it was like Harry Potter. It isn't. It sucks.


Someone once told me the Twilight series is FAR better than Harry Potter. I'm never one to judge before sampling the goods so I read the first book. Twilight is god-awful.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:12 am

incompetentia wrote:
CastleRock wrote:This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

It's a slumber party!!!!


I sincerely regret opening that link.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 am

DearCan wrote:
inck wrote:
CastleRock wrote:This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

It's a slumber party!!!!


I sincerely regret opening that link.

You can't possibly have seen the surprise ending. You will not be disappointed.
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 am

DearCan wrote:
incompetentia wrote:
CastleRock wrote:This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

It's a slumber party!!!!


I sincerely regret opening that link.

+1

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 am

DearCan wrote:
bartleby wrote:I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Someone told me it was like Harry Potter. It isn't. It sucks.


Someone once told me the Twilight series is FAR better than Harry Potter. I'm never one to judge before sampling the goods so I read the first book. Twilight is god-awful.

What? I hope you smacked the shit out of that person.

1. For lying.
2. For wasting several hours of your life.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 am

incompetentia wrote:
DearCan wrote:
incompetentia wrote:
CastleRock wrote:This thread has derailed into a clusterfuck. WTF is happening?

It's a slumber party!!!!


I sincerely regret opening that link.

You can't possibly have seen the surprise ending. You will not be disappointed.


I can't handle it. Ruin the surprise.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:15 am

CastleRock wrote:
DearCan wrote:
bartleby wrote:I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Someone told me it was like Harry Potter. It isn't. It sucks.


Someone once told me the Twilight series is FAR better than Harry Potter. I'm never one to judge before sampling the goods so I read the first book. Twilight is god-awful.

What? I hope you smacked the shit out of that person.

1. For lying.
2. For wasting several hours of your life.


She was a complete idiot. Later that night when I told her I was Egyptian she asked if I wear a towel on my head. I looked at her blankly and answered, "Only after a shower."

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 am

DearCan wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
DearCan wrote:
bartleby wrote:I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Someone told me it was like Harry Potter. It isn't. It sucks.


Someone once told me the Twilight series is FAR better than Harry Potter. I'm never one to judge before sampling the goods so I read the first book. Twilight is god-awful.

What? I hope you smacked the shit out of that person.

1. For lying.
2. For wasting several hours of your life.


She was a complete idiot. Later that night when I told her I was Egyptian she asked if I wear a towel on my head. I looked at her blankly and answered, "Only after a shower."

I'm surprised you didn't slap her.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 am

Actually, I read Twilight because of a Harry Potter comparison too. I agree it is horrible but Percy Jackson is just childish. It really is "young adult" fiction, if and only if style.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:19 am

DearCan wrote:
naterj wrote:DearCan... text me...?


u crazy.

What you can trust me... we met on the internetz.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 am

I'm probably going to get excommunicated for this line of reasoning, but after reading through about HP4 or 5, Sorcerer's Stone also felt childish.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:21 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:21 am

incompetentia wrote:I'm probably going to get excommunicated for this line of reasoning, but after reading through about HP4 or 5, Sorcerer's Stone also felt childish.

I'll grab the torches. Someone tie him up.

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 am

tazmolover wrote:I'm surprised you didn't slap her.


Nah, I'm not Bruin-caliber crazy.

tazmolover
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Well below average at Harvard is not even CLOSE to 156 mmmkay?


Not HARVARD dumpling. Apple bottom, please try to keep up... you're slacking again. His dream was to go to USF, he wanted to live in SF, but he was afraid to take the exam because his practice tests were below average. He only applied to Harvard on a whim because one of his favorite teachers at his old schol, Oxi, encouraged him to do so.

How do you want me to link an interview and an entire book? google search it yourself, it's easy.
It involves reading, you should be good at it, you did better than me on the LSAT ;)
Again, even if you don't believe the fact that he didn't have a stellar LSAT score or stellar GPA (which is easier to find online than his LSAT score)

how do you explain the fact that after Harvard he only worked for a major firm for a VERY short time, and left that job to get into civil rights work at a very small civil rights firm making LITTLE change... gave that up and worked as a professor and got into politics? You're whole bibble babble on here started w/ you saying "wrong fucking game buddy" and saying all kinds of crap about how people are not interested in being "do gooders" The fact is that plenty of people are, and for those people their softs do matter and are the difference between a crappy and a great school... those people are let into good schools (with lower GPAs & LSAT scores) because the AdComms see that potential in them... you can't grasp that fact about such people or URMs simply because you don't have it & you don't see in yourself. In other words you are a hater, you insecure, you suck hairy balls at life and deep inside you know that you'll always. Again, if I were in your shoes, I would feel the same exact way. But for realizies, g'night. Keep up w/ mediocrity, it's all you were born to be!


I left the one line that even made remote sense (well not really but I didn't want to be too harsh).

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 am

Rowling has her moments at least. Unfortunate that Cedric ended up being reincarnated as a sparkly vampire though.

And who is Weev? I happen to know one of the actors (and Erik Peters) personally is all

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:25 am

incompetentia wrote:I'm probably going to get excommunicated for this line of reasoning, but after reading through about HP4 or 5, Sorcerer's Stone also felt childish.


Well, there was a definite progression of maturity within the books. No denying it's extremely well written, and definitely not relegated to children.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 am

Wait is the guy who played Cedric Diggory the guy who plays the vampire in Twilight that the girls like?

Bruins101
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 am

.
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 am

incompetentia wrote:Rowling has her moments at least. Unfortunate that Cedric ended up being reincarnated as a sparkly vampire though.


LOL

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: A lot of cancellations

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:27 am

bartleby wrote:Wait is the guy who played Cedric Diggory the guy who plays the vampire in Twilight that the girls like?


Yes. RPatz as he is affectionately called. I saw a documentary at Blockbuster called "Robsessed". I almost threw up on it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 170orDie, 34iplaw, Anon.y.mousse., Baidu [Spider], bcapace, dietcoke1, HokieHi307, Instrumental, Pozzo, proteinshake, splitterfromhell, Tazewell, vdjenkins and 18 guests