A lot of cancellations Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
incompetentia

Gold

Re: A lot of cancellations

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:26 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote: I also despise the internet caricature you're painting of me.
Internet caricture's are SRS business.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote: The guy with the low standardized score is questioning the worth of grades in general while irrationally emphasizing the importance of passionate volunteer activity.

Try as you may, even if your anecdotes are true, I've got about a thousand times more anecdotes than you that support my case rather than yours.
questioning the worth of grades? haha. But wait what school did you get your undergrad and masters from? wait, what do I hear over there about you crying about URM's? please enlighten me once again how it's so sad you have no passions. You suck at the balls of life and that's why you're bitter. Don't worry toots, if I were in your shoes I would feel the same way ;)
"My question is this. I already took the LSAT once (Dec 2009) and only got a 156. I have spent the past 3 months studying non-stop and took Blueprint, my score improved drastically and all of my PT were in the mid to high 160s."

I'm sorry that failing so hard at the LSAT has made you into such a bitter person.

Maybe in your next life you can be born without a hidden learning disability that prevents you from breaking 160 (something which I did on my cold diagnostic).

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 am

Bruins101 wrote:
Look. You're the person who joined the day of the LSAT. Obviously not coincidental. Also, your ad hominem attacks are extremely unattractive.

Bruins101

New

Post by Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 am

tazmolover wrote:
I'm sorry that failing so hard at the LSAT has made you into such a bitter person.

Maybe in your next life you can be born without a hidden learning disability that prevents you from breaking 160 (something which I did on my cold diagnostic).
But see love, here's the thing. I posted my situation and responded to you openly... ironically in the very same thread. It's not like I made that post in some other far corner of the internerds and you dug it and up and posted it here to school me. I posted my dilemma RIGHT HERE in this THREAD. Because unlike you I know my own weakness like a ninja, which is why I can improve on them, ask advice and deal w/ the fact that there are many who will score better than me on the LSAT and get into better schools. I can deal w/ that fact without flipping out over it and whining like an idiot about URMs or doing something else w/ their life besides studying. I can handle it. You on the other clearly can't, and need to tell yourself that those people don't exist or it's all a wittle lie. You do that because you feel entitled, and that's just sad, but hey I guess it makes your world go round. So keep on keeping on.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:

But see love, here's the thing. I posted my situation and responded to you openly... ironically in the very same thread. It's not like I made that post in some other far corner of the internerds and you dug it and up and posted it here to school me. I posted my dilemma RIGHT HERE in this THREAD. Because unlike you I know my own weakness like a ninja, which is why I can improve on them, ask advice and deal w/ the fact that there are many who will score better than me on the LSAT and get into better schools. I can deal w/ that fact without flipping out over it and whining like an idiot about URMs or doing something else w/ their life besides studying. I can handle it. You on the other clearly can't, and need to tell yourself that those people don't exist or it's all a wittle lie. You do that because you feel entitled, and that's just sad, but hey I guess it makes your world go round. So keep on keeping on.
I'm glad you've learned to deal with failure so early in life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:35 am

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:

I cant be bothered to read your guys conversation so I am going with your one line responses.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 am

Oh my god!

I'd heard there were a lot of cancellations this time around.

May I ask if this is the norm?

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 am

incompetentia wrote:Oh my god!

Yeah folks, let's get this thread back on topic!!!!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:37 am

I know that there are a lot of cancellations, but this cannot be true, because I am not canceling my score.

Which one of these arguments contains flawed reasoning most similar to the argument above?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bruins101

New

Post by Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 am

Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:39 am

incompetentia wrote:I know that there are a lot of cancellations, but this cannot be true, because I am not canceling my score.

Which one of these arguments contains flawed reasoning most similar to the argument above?
This reminds me of Descarte and "I think therefore I am"

This is what happens when you alt tab between writing your philo paper and TLS at 3AM.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 am

DearCan wrote:
incompetentia wrote:Oh my god!

Yeah folks, let's get this thread back on topic!!!!
we should just say screw TLS and talk on the phone...?

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:42 am

Bruins101 wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
Look. You're the person who joined the day of the LSAT. Obviously not coincidental. Also, your ad hominem attacks are extremely unattractive.
yes, I joined to ask one specific questions about my cluserfuck encyclopedia dramatica of a day. Why else would I spend time here? the only relatively decent person seems to be the moderator w/ the sword in his icon, he/she actually says things that make sense along with SOME of the people who are actually already in law school. Besides that all I hear is people crying about URMs, freaking the hell out over a standardized test, and omg life is soo unfair. the sadz. kut. kri.

I am sorry, please forgive me. Obviously this is a very delicate time for you. Hopefully you get into the school of your dreams and your life is filled with cotton candy and unicorns.
DearCan wrote:I think you're a crazy person.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 am

tazmolover wrote:
incompetentia wrote:I know that there are a lot of cancellations, but this cannot be true, because I am not canceling my score.

This reminds me of Descarte and "I think therefore I am"

This is what happens when you alt tab between writing your philo paper and TLS at 3AM.
Oh, you're making me miss school.

Bruins101

New

Post by Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 am

tazmolover wrote:
LULZ. But how can I lose if I am already better than you my little shnitzel? I mean tell me again friend about how much it bothers you to see a black guy with a 155 at a school that you can't even dream about getting into? how does that make you feel in your special place?
Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
LULZ. But how can I lose if I am already better than you my little shnitzel? I mean tell me again friend about how much it bothers you to see a black guy with a 155 at a school that you can't even dream about getting into? how does it feel?
I'm pretty sure even with URM boost, a "black guy with a 155" even if he had a 4.0 wouldn't get into better schools than I would.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 am

Bruins101 wrote:I mean tell me again friend about how much it bothers you to see a black guy with a 155 at a school that you can't even dream about getting into? how does it feel?
--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:46 am

incompetentia wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:I mean tell me again friend about how much it bothers you to see a black guy with a 155 at a school that you can't even dream about getting into? how does it feel?
--ImageRemoved--
THE WIRE!

Best show ever. Omar is one of the greatest characters ever on TV.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am

Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
LULZ. But how can I lose if I am already better than you my little shnitzel? I mean tell me again friend about how much it bothers you to see a black guy with a 155 at a school that you can't even dream about getting into? how does it feel?
You came on TLS to ask one question. You asked it, and I hope you got the answer you were looking for. People who actually contribute to this board not only ask questions, they help answer the questions of others. If you're done with your selfish usage of the forums, and only have respect for ONE user as you've pointed out, maybe it's time for you to GTFO.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am

tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
I'm pretty sure even with URM boost, a "black guy with a 155" even if he had a 4.0 wouldn't get into better schools than I would.
Unless you have a 4.0 and a 170+, I wouldn't bet on it.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am

tazmolover wrote:
incompetentia wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
THE WIRE!

+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 am

bartleby wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
Bruins101 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
Unless you have a 4.0 and a 170+, I wouldn't bet on it.
True who knows. URM apps is a crapshoot.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 am

tazmolover wrote:
inck wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
THE WIRE!

Omar is all well and good but seriously I think he might be only my 5th or 6th favorite character. (I do have a slightly irrational love for Amy Ryan though so I'm biased)
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruins101

New

Post by Bruins101 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 am

Last edited by Bruins101 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 am

Can we all agree that "babe", "love", and "dumpling" used in condescension is just hilarious?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”