Proctor forgot to call 5 min then gave us 2 extra, problem? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jhal

New

Proctor forgot to call 5 min then gave us 2 extra, problem?

Post by jhal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 pm

During the first section we got to 30 min and I looked at the proctor waiting for the 5 minute warning (I had an analog watch). She was on her computer. The timer beeped at 35 and a few kids starting freaking out and got mad at her. One asked if they could at least fill in the bubbles they didn't have a chance to and she gave us 2 more minutes.

I'm positive the supervisor filled out an irregularity report because I overheard it at the end of the test. I am extremely worried that this will affect my score (I felt better about this test than any other practice test I had ever taken). I really hope I won't have to retake the test because of some stupid proctor. Does anyone know what might happen? It would be greatly appreciated!

YCrevolution

Gold

Re: Proctor forgot to call 5 min then gave us 2 extra, problem?

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:14 pm

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow, that's crazy. I was going to go up to the proctor (he called 3 minutes in the first section instead of five) and ask him if I could bubble in a question I noticed I didn't bubble in at all (#27) or if he could just blindly bubble a guess in for me. But then I realized how idiotic that sounded and how I'd probably get written up for asking.

Sorry to threadcrap, but that would be crappy as hell if they made you retake...though it is also somewhat unfair to people who could've used 2 extra minutes.

jhal

New

Post by jhal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:21 pm

bartleby wrote:Wow, that's crazy. I was going to go up to the proctor (he called 3 minutes in the first section instead of five) and ask him if I could bubble in a question I noticed I didn't bubble in at all (#27) or if he could just blindly bubble a guess in for me. But then I realized how idiotic that sounded and how I'd probably get written up for asking.

Sorry to threadcrap, but that would be crappy as hell if they made you retake...though it is also somewhat unfair to people who could've used 2 extra minutes.
I wish the proctor would have just said, "oops too bad, I'm sorry I screwed up big time." If that were the case I bet LSAC would just let people decide if they wanted their score or if they wanted to retake it. But the fact that she gave everyone 2 extra minutes seems super unfair to everyone else who only got 35.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm

jhal wrote:
bartleby wrote:Wow, that's crazy. I was going to go up to the proctor (he called 3 minutes in the first section instead of five) and ask him if I could bubble in a question I noticed I didn't bubble in at all (#27) or if he could just blindly bubble a guess in for me. But then I realized how idiotic that sounded and how I'd probably get written up for asking.

I wish the proctor would have just said, "oops too bad, I'm sorry I screwed up big time." If that were the case I bet LSAC would just let people decide if they wanted their score or if they wanted to retake it. But the fact that she gave everyone 2 extra minutes seems super unfair to everyone else who only got 35.
You must be be new to life. This is where you put your head down and enjoy your good fortune. Trust me, you'll have plenty of bad luck to go along with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:29 pm

jhal

New

Post by jhal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:32 pm

You must be be new to life. This is where you put your head down and enjoy your good fortune. Trust me, you'll have plenty of bad luck to go along with it.
lol. What perspective you have. Honestly all I want is to see the score I got and be free of any asterisks next to my score indicating some kind of irregularity. What scares me most is if LSAC just decides to cancel everyone's score because we all got extra time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”