8%
4%
-15 (dreams are made)
4%

Total votes: 50

balzern

Re: Curve Discussion

Postby balzern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:41 am

I am going to say a -11 or a -12. I thought the LR was harder than June, games were easier, RC was more time consuming not necessarily harder.

hjag

Postby hjag » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:55 am

I would think the curve is at least -10 for a 170.

More often than not in the last ten years (correct me if I'm wrong, I could be remembering wrong), the fall curve has been more generous than the June curve. And even when it wasn't, it only strayed by 1 to 2 points. So considering the fact that the June curve was -13, I think we can at least hope for a -10.

Besides, as you've all pointed out, it looks like quite a few people struggled with LGs, esp. the artifact question. So we have at least one reason to believe that the curve will not be a stingy one.

balzern

Postby balzern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:57 am

Honestly, I can't remember ANYTHING about the first 3 games. I didn't have a ton of trouble with them, they just consumed most of my time and I had to rush through the last game. I only remember the last game and a variable "Lightfoot" or something and I thought it sounded something like an elf from Lord of the Rings...

balzern

Postby balzern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:22 am

bump for added poll

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 am

balzern wrote:I only remember the last game and a variable "Lightfoot" or something and I thought it sounded something like an elf from Lord of the Rings...

HAHA that's great

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:32 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
balzern wrote:I only remember the last game and a variable "Lightfoot" or something and I thought it sounded something like an elf from Lord of the Rings...

HAHA that's great

The best part was he was a nurse... I kept imagining like this rustic boot camp for kids where they all get spirit names like that random show I used to watch when I was like 13.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 pm

After thinking about it all night, I believe the curve will be difficult.

While LR was easy for a lot of people here, it wasn't easy for the average test taker, there were a lot of questions that you might not know how to deal with if you were a straight from the bibles test taker(like the cooking question)

I didn't use anything I learned in studying to get that, I just knew how to approach it. There were a few questions like that. So I'm thinking LR was harder than we believe.

LGs appeared easy but as many people have said they required a lot of hy[pos

c_hepting

Postby c_hepting » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm really hoping for at least a -11.

After the first three sections I kinda thought that it wasn't my best test to date, but wasn't my worst either, so I was happy with that. Knew which sections were going to be showing up after the break as well (because of what I had before the break) so mentally, I feel like I should have been more prepared when we started up again. When I first looked at the LG section, I was surprised to see games which seemed to be easy (on the surface!) - turned out to be rather time consuming and ended up running short for time on the fourth game. Finished the section, but not confidently.

Guess I really just don't know what to think about it. Wrote in February and thought I'd done well, but no. Now I'm feeling like I may have blown this one and may be looking to December.

May the 'Generous Curve Gods' be smiling on this test!!!

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

jd20132013 wrote:After thinking about it all night, I believe the curve will be difficult.

While LR was easy for a lot of people here, it wasn't easy for the average test taker, there were a lot of questions that you might not know how to deal with if you were a straight from the bibles test taker(like the cooking question)

I didn't use anything I learned in studying to get that, I just knew how to approach it. There were a few questions like that. So I'm thinking LR was harder than we believe.

LGs appeared easy but as many people have said they required a lot of hy[pos

So do you mean the curve will be "easy" then?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”