4%
-15 (dreams are made)
4%

Total votes: 50

DearCan

Re: Curve Discussion

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:38 pm

KevinP wrote:
ND'10 wrote:Isn't how hard the test is only one input into forming the curve? Unless I'm mistaken doesn't it rely in large part on the number of takers? If a large number of well, mediocre, test takers decided to take the LSAT because, say, they don't think they're going to get jobs in this still tight economy... couldn't that make an easy/average test get an average/generous curve?

True... but from what I've read, they are usually equated in advance. A couple of years in advance since experimental sections seem to show up a couple years later from what I've read of people who took the test years back and had the same experimental section for their real one.

Sucks if 3 years from now, all the people driven to the LSAT by the economy make the curves -20 with ridiculously easy questions.

Your 'tar made me lol.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 pm

A -14 curve would be SEXY...

I think my WORST case scenario is:

LR1: -5
RC: -5
LR2: -5
LG: -8

I think my BEST case scenario is:

LR1: -2
RC: -3
LR: -2
LG: -4

So, from -11 to -23; kind of a scary little range, but - most likely - I think I'll end up with a 165, however it pans out. Couple months to get that elusive 7 in the second digit column!

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:A -14 curve would be SEXY...

So, from -11 to -23; kind of a scary little range, but - most likely - I think I'll end up with a 165, however it pans out. Couple months to get that elusive 7 in the second digit column!

I don't even want to break down my worst case scenario, but honestly I could have gotten anything between a 165-175. It's hard to tell. I keep jumping from thinking I did great to thinking I sucked.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

my GUT guess is 164-167 for me.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

The curve will probably be -6.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 pm

I just have to have some sort of expectation, less I go crazy thinking about it. The way I see it, I either got incredibly lucky with some guesses and got what I needed or I didn't have a horseshoe and I need to get to work. I'm not willing to gamble on my future so I'm acting like the latter is reality.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:47 pm

3|ink wrote:The curve will probably be -6.

You're my new role model. Jerk!

LogicGamez

Postby LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:47 pm

3|ink wrote:The curve will probably be -6 for a 175.

Fixed your post

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

DearCan wrote:

I don't even want to break down my worst case scenario, but honestly I could have gotten anything between a 165-175. It's hard to tell. I keep jumping from thinking I did great to thinking I sucked.

How do you usually do on practice tests? Is that Heidi?

r2b2ct

Postby r2b2ct » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

DearCan wrote:I don't even want to break down my worst case scenario, but honestly I could have gotten anything between a 165-175. It's hard to tell. I keep jumping from thinking I did great to thinking I sucked.

Same. I went through the entire test without problems, but maybe that's just because I fell for a bunch of traps.

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:50 pm

DearCan wrote:

Yeah. This. But you know? I'm gonna go with how I felt after the test. And I felt great after. I feel like there were like 2 LR questions per section that I maybe/definitely got wrong and maybe 2 or at most 3 in games. I kicked RC's ass...had time to review and fixed two answers to correct ones. What I noticed with LR was that I didn't get that "well, it could be this OR that...I'll choose this!" I felt totally sure. And I wasn't on any pharmaceuticals!

I keep thinking 168-170+. I hope my confidence post-test bears out correctly. Ugh. The wait will be awful.

balzern

Postby balzern » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Yeah I felt really crappy after the June test and didn't do well. This test I got to mostly everything (guessed on 4 LR 4 RC and 3 games questions) and felt really really good after the test. Hopefully that after the test feeling has some reflection of how your score will turn out. I was PTing in the mid 160s to 170s and I am really hoping for >160.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm

littlepixie11 wrote:
DearCan wrote:

How do you usually do on practice tests? Is that Heidi?

Debbie Harry :)

My PTs are at 169-175. 169 is my lowest, and I'm pretty consistently between 171-174. Honestly, I could not sleep last night. I finally made myself take a sleeping pill at midnight, but because I was afraid of being groggy I only took one and it didn't work, and by the time I realized it, it was too late to take another. I got about three hours of fitful sleep. I just wish LG hadn't been my last section, my coffee and RedBull had definitely worn off at that point.

If I don't get a 170+ I'm retaking in December. My GPA is low, so if I have to reapply next cycle so be it. I'm going to go to a good law school damn it, and I need to submit early so going complete in February would kill me.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Sinra wrote:
DearCan wrote:

Yeah. This. But you know? I'm gonna go with how I felt after the test. And I felt great after. I feel like there were like 2 LR questions per section that I maybe/definitely got wrong and maybe 2 or at most 3 in games. I kicked RC's ass...had time to review and fixed two answers to correct ones. What I noticed with LR was that I didn't get that "well, it could be this OR that...I'll choose this!" I felt totally sure. And I wasn't on any pharmaceuticals!

I keep thinking 168-170+. I hope my confidence post-test bears out correctly. Ugh. The wait will be awful.

I rocked my writing sample. :D

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

DearCan wrote:
Sinra wrote:
DearCan wrote:

I put "I'm canceling my score" on my writing sample. If I cancel my score, schools don't see the canceled writing sample either, correct?

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:01 pm

KevinP wrote:
DearCan wrote:
Sinra wrote:
DearCan wrote:

I put "I'm canceling my score" on my writing sample. If I cancel my score, schools don't see the canceled writing sample either, correct?

Haha, that's good. They won't see anything from this test if you cancel. Still laughing at that cat...

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

DearCan wrote:Haha, that's good. They won't see anything from this test if you cancel. Still laughing at that cat...

Yer, cat's awesome. I was debating about leaving the writing section blank.... but I remembered something about lsac reserving the right to royally screw me over if I did.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 pm

KevinP wrote:
DearCan wrote:Haha, that's good. They won't see anything from this test if you cancel. Still laughing at that cat...

Yer, cat's awesome. I was debating about leaving the writing section blank.... but I remembered something about lsac reserving the right to royally screw me over if I did.

I don't think they can exercise that right if you cancel. Breathe easy...

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:38 pm

-12 or higher would make me sooo happy.

i have no clue how i did...i could do so much worse than i expected or better than expected. my range is probably 159-168 depending on the curve and how well i did in LR.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 pm

-12 or higher and I will do a native american rain dance, sticking with the lsat minority-themed RC passages that i hold dearly close to my heart.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 pm

There wasnt a LG that stuck out in my head as being a head scratcher. RC was pretty tough, and LR was so-so....

oh well... these next 3 weeks are going to go so slow

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:43 pm

a lot of people underestimated the december 09 one (-14). hopefully this will be the same...even a -12 would do.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Anyone else feel like punching Link in the face? -6 curve? :evil:

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:52 pm

tazmolover wrote:Anyone else feel like punching Link in the face? -6 curve? :evil:

Haha. Sorry. I honestly think it was one of the easiest tests in recent memory (Is it against the LSAC terms to discuss the difficulty of the test without getting into specifics? I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the statement I wrote).

Anyway, it'll probably be -10/11

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 pm

59 had a -14 and I didn't even think it was hard at all. So I have no confidence in my ability to predict a curve.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”