Die LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
3|ink

Platinum

Re: Die LG

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:15 pm

KevinP wrote:Fuck this LG.

I had LR LG RC LR LG.

I completely aced the first 4 sections but when the real LG (5th section) came, I completely froze up on the first game. And it was only one question that fucked me over. I should of just fucking skipped the one LG question that took me like 15 minutes. I'm always 0-1 on games. DAMN IT.
Yeah. You definitely should have skipped. This happened to me twice today (skipped a question and went back to it after finishing section) and both times I figured it out after returning.

EK14

New

Post by EK14 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 pm

I usually consider LG to be one of my weaker sections, but i crushed the section 5 LG. I finished the first 3 games in 20 minutes. Finished 4th with 5 min to go, and review almost all my answers.. i thought the LR LG RC LR LG , is the most generous format, so lucky that i got it.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 pm

I went into every section giving myself 150 seconds on each question. If I exceeded that limit, I skipped it and came back to it at the end.

Worked like a charm. Both LR sections I finished with less than two minutes to spare.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:23 pm

incompetentia wrote:I went into every section giving myself 150 seconds on each question. If I exceeded that limit, I skipped it and came back to it at the end.

Worked like a charm. Both LR sections I finished with less than two minutes to spare.
I should have done this.

For one LR section I thought I was good on time on the 12th question when I looked at the clock and boom...20 minutes had passed.

I freaked and I'm pretty sure I missed everything.

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Ha, I skipped the infamous brick house question, then ended up coming back to it at the end with like 7 minutes remaining and spending the whole 7 minutes working on it. And I still wasn't very confident in my answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tenpenny3

New

Post by tenpenny3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm

I shat my pants when I saw the copious amounts of free space for the 1st section of LG, i think it was game 3? When i realized it was a exp section I ended up being ok lol. overall, I didn't think the games were that bad, but not easy by any means.

ohlawl

New

Post by ohlawl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I actually felt really good about the LG section. I finished with 6 minutes remaining and went back over all my unsure answers. Now RC... I think I bombed that. :(

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Ha, I skipped the infamous brick house question, then ended up coming back to it at the end with like 7 minutes remaining and spending the whole 7 minutes working on it. And I still wasn't very confident in my answer.
Was it just me that thought this question was not difficult?

That of course means I probably got it wrong...

EK14

New

Post by EK14 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I usually consider LG to be one of my weaker sections, but i crushed the section 5 LG. I finished the first 3 games in 20 minutes. Finished 4th with 5 min to go, and review almost all my answers.. i thought the LR LG RC LR LG , is the most generous format, so lucky that i got it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aro5389

New

Post by Aro5389 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 pm

I had the same format, and yes, the 1st game was horsecrap. I knew I shoulda skipped it ASAP and by Q3 I finally did... wish they'd wait until at least Game 2 to give the hardest game.

JacobH

New

Post by JacobH » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 pm

incompetentia wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Ha, I skipped the infamous brick house question, then ended up coming back to it at the end with like 7 minutes remaining and spending the whole 7 minutes working on it. And I still wasn't very confident in my answer.
Was it just me that thought this question was not difficult?

That of course means I probably got it wrong...
Nah, I didn't find it too difficult either. I think it's just the way people's brain work. Something that's obvious to everyone else can be torture to one person.

eve2490

New

Post by eve2490 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Last edited by eve2490 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:24 pm

eve2490 wrote:I was very glad to see a pure sequencing game in section 5.
I wasn't. The moment I saw that, I realized -11 curve, MAX

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:24 pm

3|ink wrote:
Wasn't there a pure sequencing game on PT60....with a -14 curve?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:25 pm

tazmolover wrote:
3|ink wrote:
It wasn't pure sequencing. It was a conditional sequencing.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 pm

3|ink wrote:
tazmolover wrote:
3|ink wrote:
It wasn't pure sequencing. It was a conditional sequencing.
WELL FUCK MY DREAMS ARE GOING UP IN FLAMES

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:28 pm

1st game required combination diagramming, like the dino game in June 09, but much easier. Once you got the diagram the questions were super obvious.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 pm

ohlawl wrote:I actually felt really good about the LG section. I finished with 6 minutes remaining and went back over all my unsure answers. Now RC... I think I bombed that. :(
I second that exact sentence, had a ton of time to review and solidify my LG answers, the 4th passage in RC killed me.

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
dingoesatmybaby wrote:ive come to the realization that the first game (the drivers) was the hardest. I spent about 13 minutes on it but Im fairly certain I got them all right. It was just so time consuming! AND FOR ONLY 5 QUESTIONS!! Although, I semi made up for it, by literally breezing through Game 2 in about 5 minutes. I dont know why I found it so easy, my setup made for some very helpful inferences and something about it just clicked. Game 3 took me about 9 or 10 minutes but once again Im fairly certain I got them all right. Then Section 4 was difficult, but I now Im thinking it was probably due to the fact that I ran out of time and didnt get to complete it.
Yeah, I think the drivers game was the hardest for me, and game 2 was the easiest... I don't even remember what it was because I did it so fast.
Same..the 1st game took me 10 mins but I was able to build time on the second one in 5 mins.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 pm

policestate1234 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
dingoesatmybaby wrote:ive come to the realization that the first game (the drivers) was the hardest. I spent about 13 minutes on it but Im fairly certain I got them all right. It was just so time consuming! AND FOR ONLY 5 QUESTIONS!! Although, I semi made up for it, by literally breezing through Game 2 in about 5 minutes. I dont know why I found it so easy, my setup made for some very helpful inferences and something about it just clicked. Game 3 took me about 9 or 10 minutes but once again Im fairly certain I got them all right. Then Section 4 was difficult, but I now Im thinking it was probably due to the fact that I ran out of time and didnt get to complete it.
Yeah, I think the drivers game was the hardest for me, and game 2 was the easiest... I don't even remember what it was because I did it so fast.
Same..the 1st game took me 10 mins but I was able to build time on the second one in 5 mins.
I spent 9-10min on first game, so I kinda rushed through 2nd one, but I was pretty confident in my 3rd game, then had around 13 minutes left for game 4...which I needed every second of.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:35 pm

tazmolover wrote: WELL FUCK MY DREAMS ARE GOING UP IN FLAMES
How many times have you taken the LSAT?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:37 pm

3|ink wrote:
First time.

I think I would have been confident on this test...if it wasn't for 1 LR section...(which I BOMBED) Blind guessed 3+.

Anyways I'm a senior with a useless double major polsci/history and probably will fulfill my philosophy major requirement also.

Triple major but no job prospects. I was thinking of taking a year off since December LSAT will be late in the cycle and I probably won't get into my dream school of Cornell with my 3.7x (maybe 3.8x) lsac gpa...

So this test has got me feeling pretty down. Unless I score in my high PT range on december test and get into Cornell, I don't see myself going into law school next year...thus me working at 7/11.

lawfoolz

New

Post by lawfoolz » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:38 pm

what were the lg question types ie runners strict sequencing artifact? Drivers, nurses?

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Triple major but no job prospects. I was thinking of taking a year off since December LSAT will be late in the cycle and I probably won't get into my dream school of Cornell with my 3.7x (maybe 3.8x) lsac gpa...
Pretty sure a 3.7 won't hold you back to Cornell.

Stanford maybe, but not Cornell

JacobH

New

Post by JacobH » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:41 pm

tazmolover wrote:
3|ink wrote:
First time.

I think I would have been confident on this test...if it wasn't for 1 LR section...(which I BOMBED) Blind guessed 3+.

Anyways I'm a senior with a useless double major polsci/history and probably will fulfill my philosophy major requirement also.

So this test has got me feeling pretty down. Unless I score in my high PT range on december test and get into Cornell, I don't see myself going into law school next year...thus me working at 7/11.
3.7x and not getting into Cornell WHAT!?

3.7x is way above their 75% isn't it? IIRC, their LSAT range is relatively low too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”