Die LG

KevinP

Die LG

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Last edited by KevinP on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover

Re: Die LG

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:44 pm

confused. you got 0-1 and mad? or you bombed?

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Same, but for me on the 4th LG. I thought the Nurses were terrible.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry, just so pissed I can't think straight. I normally get 0-1 on LG but I bombed this one. I'm cancelling.

dingoesatmybaby

Postby dingoesatmybaby » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

ive come to the realization that the first game (the drivers) was the hardest. I spent about 13 minutes on it but Im fairly certain I got them all right. It was just so time consuming! AND FOR ONLY 5 QUESTIONS!! Although, I semi made up for it, by literally breezing through Game 2 in about 5 minutes. I dont know why I found it so easy, my setup made for some very helpful inferences and something about it just clicked. Game 3 took me about 9 or 10 minutes but once again Im fairly certain I got them all right. Then Section 4 was difficult, but I now Im thinking it was probably due to the fact that I ran out of time and didnt get to complete it.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 pm

dingoesatmybaby wrote:ive come to the realization that the first game (the drivers) was the hardest. I spent about 13 minutes on it but Im fairly certain I got them all right. It was just so time consuming! AND FOR ONLY 5 QUESTIONS!! Although, I semi made up for it, by literally breezing through Game 2 in about 5 minutes. I dont know why I found it so easy, my setup made for some very helpful inferences and something about it just clicked. Game 3 took me about 9 or 10 minutes but once again Im fairly certain I got them all right. Then Section 4 was difficult, but I now Im thinking it was probably due to the fact that I ran out of time and didnt get to complete it.

Yeah, I think the drivers game was the hardest for me, and game 2 was the easiest... I don't even remember what it was because I did it so fast.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:50 pm

dingoesatmybaby wrote:ive come to the realization that the first game (the drivers) was the hardest. I spent about 13 minutes on it but Im fairly certain I got them all right. It was just so time consuming! AND FOR ONLY 5 QUESTIONS!! Although, I semi made up for it, by literally breezing through Game 2 in about 5 minutes. I dont know why I found it so easy, my setup made for some very helpful inferences and something about it just clicked. Game 3 took me about 9 or 10 minutes but once again Im fairly certain I got them all right. Then Section 4 was difficult, but I now Im thinking it was probably due to the fact that I ran out of time and didnt get to complete it.

It was one question on the drivers game that completely screwed me over. I simply refused to skip it and spent 10 minutes on it. I'm an idiot.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Last edited by jd20132013 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 pm

KevinP wrote:

It was one question on the drivers game that completely screwed me over. I simply refused to skip it and spent 10 minutes on it. I'm an idiot.

I probably know the question you're talking about.

There was an inference...kind of subtle...took me a bit but by then I was on an adrenaline rush since I spent nearly 10 minutes on the first game so I knew I needed to breeze through the next two to finish the 4th.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 pm

I was an idiot for the 5 question first game too. Especially because it wasn't one of those easy as hell gimmes. Spent 12 minutes there and started worrying about my time throughout the rest of them. Hindsight.

dingoesatmybaby

Postby dingoesatmybaby » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm

KevinP wrote:

Was it the one about which group of two people who could both be drivers? Cause thats the one that tripped me up the most

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Drivers sucked. I hated it. I skipped it and never finished it. I guessed on 2-3 questions. The other 3 were at least workable. I liked the runners one for some reason.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Artifacts killed me. I'm also -0 or -1 on LG and I'm extremely nervous this LG section is just going to completely screw me, unless I picked up points elsewhere.

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 pm

KevinP wrote:Sorry, just so pissed I can't think straight. I normally get 0-1 on LG but I bombed this one. I'm cancelling.

Breezing through the 1st 4 sections and canceling cause of 1 bad LG might not be the best idea (no offense!). Even if you guessed on most of them, which you probably didn't, you still could have done very well since it was 23 questions, and some games were easier than others-unless you want to cancel if you don't get a 175+ or something, no criticism from me for that, everyone has their own standards

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:59 pm

dingoesatmybaby wrote:
KevinP wrote:

Was it the one about which group of two people who could both be drivers? Cause thats the one that tripped me up the most

Yes, it was.

itsaclassic

Postby itsaclassic » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:00 pm

LG are usu easy for me too, but I completely, utterly got stumped by the Drivers game because I misread the rule, and I KNEW I was misreading a rule since NOTHING was making sense. BUT I was so rushed and frustrated (i skipped it till the end) that I couldn't figure it out.
Probably canceling too.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 pm

littlepixie11 wrote:
KevinP wrote:Sorry, just so pissed I can't think straight. I normally get 0-1 on LG but I bombed this one. I'm cancelling.

Breezing through the 1st 4 sections and canceling cause of 1 bad LG might not be the best idea (no offense!). Even if you guessed on most of them, which you probably didn't, you still could have done very well since it was 23 questions, and some games were easier than others-unless you want to cancel if you don't get a 175+ or something, no criticism from me for that, everyone has their own standards

I didn't even bubble anything after question 18. I'm retaking in December and I already filled out the cancel sheet. I just don't know what happend... this is my second retake, first time I took it, I finished LG In 25 mins w/ -0, and I rarely screw up on LG during preptests.

From what people are saying, I think I misread a rule.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 pm

KevinP wrote:Fuck this LG.

I had LR LG RC LR LG.

I completely aced the first 4 sections but when the real LG (5th section) came, I completely froze up on the first game. And it was only one question that fucked me over. I should of just fucking skipped the one LG question that took me like 15 minutes. I'm always 0-1 on games. DAMN IT.

It was the third questions that you started to feel your blood draining out of your brain, am I right? I am sure I am right.

nicole1833

Postby nicole1833 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Drivers was pretty whack-- I think i misinterpreted a rule and messed up a couple questions on it. Hopefully the curve isn't only like -8 because I think a lot of people had trouble with this lg section. I'm pretty sure Junes curve was like -12 or something because their games were pretty hard too.

r2b2ct

Postby r2b2ct » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Maybe I am completely oblivious and bombed it, but I thought LG was pretty easy compared to other recent ones. The first game scared me initially but I still did it in 5 min. The others were very straightforward.

charliebrownwn

Postby charliebrownwn » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

nicole1833 wrote:Hopefully the curve isn't only like -8 because I think a lot of people had trouble with this lg section. I'm pretty sure Junes curve was like -12 or something because their games were pretty hard too.

Can someone fill me in about what the "-X" means when you're talking about the curve? I understand -8 is tighter than -12 (if you get the same # of questions right, you'd get a higher score on the -12) but what does it mean exactly?

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 pm

charliebrownwn wrote:
nicole1833 wrote:Hopefully the curve isn't only like -8 because I think a lot of people had trouble with this lg section. I'm pretty sure Junes curve was like -12 or something because their games were pretty hard too.

Can someone fill me in about what the "-X" means when you're talking about the curve? I understand -8 is tighter than -12 (if you get the same # of questions right, you'd get a higher score on the -12) but what does it mean exactly?

How many questions you can miss and still get a 170.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 pm

I usually -0 LG, but I thought overall these games were easier than anything 57-60. There was no single horrible game...although it took me about 10 minutes to do game 4.

What's more is I imagined all of the nurses as male and started thinking about whether I'd ever seen a male nurse in my hospital visits. Blah

dcman06

Postby dcman06 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:28 pm

All I remember is that the 4th game was hard for me to finish because I had maybe 7 minutes left. One of the 1st three games took me a bit of time, but I got it done and I think correctly too. I don't even remember subject topics at this point, I just see the stimulus info or the background info and the question and answer away

Korlath

Postby Korlath » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:59 pm

I thought the first game was a little hard for a gimme....

Game 4 (nurses?) killed me.

I hate logic games :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”