I will not be surprised with a 165 or a 180.

ThreeYears

I will not be surprised with a 165 or a 180.

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:28 pm

The sequence of the 2 numbers in the title is give-away of the sentiment.

I had LR LR(Exp.) RC LR and LG.

The first LR, I had 10 minutes left when I was at student recreation spending (22 or 23), I don't understand why but the wording troubled me and I started panicking slightly and I quickly moved on to the next one, which was the flawed reasoning of brick house and front yard. It was not a question you want to see when your heart is racing, I needed one to quickly calm myself down, so I moved on again, I don't remember the last three to be as frustrating as these two but they were not breeze. I am feeling terrible about this section simply because after I finish them, I had no time to go back and double check the circled ones before the recreation spending question. The arrangement of this session is definitely not traditional (I did all 64 official tests and I am confident about my feeling) and it resembles the early tests more. The recent tests have significant more quantities of main conclusion, disagreement and assumption types, and the arrangement has become to feel like a ritualized fight, which you don't feel in this one.

With the punch in the gut feeling (I really got accustomed to the 5 minutes extra I usually had with LRs), I moved to the second section, which was another LR and the rhythm of the arrangement of the questions was very similar to recent test and I started to think that this one was one of the real ones, and I had my usual 5 minutes to perform the later-verified useless double checking.

The RC was easy, I finished with one minute left. There was only one question that I wanted to go back to check (the 6th, the last one of the first passage), and there was one in the last passage that I was not 100 percent sure. I could get both correct or both wrong, who knows, but yeah, I didn't like the feeling that I did not have enough time to go back to check the 6th one. The fucking feeling of "i want to see you one more time"...

Cliff bar... human stench in the bathroom....

The third LR has the hiring question and I am pretty certain I got that one wrong. Another challenging question to me in the LR (could be in the other 2, kind of blur) is the Shakespeare abridgment, all answer choices looked terrible and I chose the least convincing one but I am terribly unconvinced if that one is the correct answer. I did not like that I have an LR question (the hiring one) which I couldn't systematically dissect and with that terrible feeling I moved on to the logic game.

I fucked up my June test because I wanted to make everything in one master diagram for the intern set and that game is actually so easy if you make two diagrams separately and cross check. I panicked and I left of the test room after that section. I vividly remembered the panic I felt, which required me divert some attention to hold my bladder to prevent a stream of piss leaking out of my body. Like so many anecdotal experiences I have read, yes, I am quite good at LG, finishing with 10 minutes left is norm and -0 is norm and I did all the hard games on the kaplan180 multiple times. But that panic feeling has stuck with me ever since and it surfaced again on the third question of the first set. The reason is that none of the question on this LG section can be drawn out with a master diagram or a list of all the possibilities, many of them require you to do hypo every single time. I hated it. I moved on and left another one on set 3 blank and by the fourth set, I finally calmed down and got used to the "brute force" style of this entire section. I went back and brute forced through those two blank ones and had 10 minutes left to check my answers with the diagrams under each set and I discovered 2 wrong answers!!! They are not misreading of the rules, just plain, obvious wrong answers!!! What does that say about the rest of my performance on games? I don't know, but the awful feeling is still in my stomach. I was hoping writing it all down would have some therapeutic effects but no, although no severe side effects for which Dr. Belleno's testify is required, it did not go away at all.

But I felt better after making my decision, if I get 171, I will ED Virginia (getting my PhD in hard sciences from UVa) and get over with the whole process, if not, December.
Last edited by ThreeYears on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pseudonym1

Re: I will not be surprised with a 165 or a 180.

Postby pseudonym1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:31 pm

I will not be surprised with a 120-180. I am certain of my uncertainty. :)

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Man, that PS has become legendary....

pseudonym1 wrote:I will not be surprised with a 120-180. I am certain of my uncertainty. :)

loptimist

Postby loptimist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm

if thats how you feel, you will probably end up with lower end.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Yep.

loptimist wrote:if thats how you feel, you will probably end up with lower end.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Eh, I felt about the same after my LSAT, and got exactly 171. I'm sure you did fine.

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 pm

I agree with the Shakespeare one, I was like "WTF?". One thing I felt was that the LR1 was MUCH more difficult compared to LR2. I feel that's the norm for most LSATs though... it might be that I'm not "warmed up". I'm pretty good on Games and look to -0 those for areas I lack (aka RC) but for some reason I had a tougher time with LG. As far as RC, glad to hear you finished and did well - I can never do better than -5 on RC, I am god awful. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if I -15 it... that's how emo I'm feeling about all of it right now. Oh well...

December LSAT studying begins tomorrow :)

pseudonym1

Postby pseudonym1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 pm

No sense of humor...

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Aro5389 wrote:I agree with the Shakespeare one, I was like "WTF?". One thing I felt was that the LR1 was MUCH more difficult compared to LR2. I feel that's the norm for most LSATs though... it might be that I'm not "warmed up". I'm pretty good on Games and look to -0 those for areas I lack (aka RC) but for some reason I had a tougher time with LG. As far as RC, glad to hear you finished and did well - I can never do better than -5 on RC, I am god awful. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if I -15 it... that's how emo I'm feeling about all of it right now. Oh well...

December LSAT studying begins tomorrow :)

The first LR is always a fucking chore. I think they do this intentionally.

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:No sense of humor...

I apologize for over-interpreting your humor.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

yea, i a feel just about as split as the OP, except I am thinking anywhere from 163 to 173 (I never scored lower than 165 on a PT). I just said it on another thread, but I will say it again, the damn LG section just held me up for some reason. Nothing overtly difficult (they actually should have all been easy), and I normally miss between 0 and 2 on LG . . . had to guess on the last 2-3 of the entire section.

FUUUUUUCCCCCKK!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”