. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colorado10

New

Post by Colorado10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Last edited by Colorado10 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

JesusChrist

Bronze

Re: Anyone else barely even remember taking the test?

Post by JesusChrist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm kind of in the same place as you. I can't seem to remember all the RC passages I had, or all the rules for the games. And this is unusual for me. I'm pretty good with memory. After my SATs I sat down and wrote all the questions and answers to the test and guessed my score to within 50pts.

But here now, I can't recall much about it. Other than something with races and cars and nurses. But it's not very vivid. Anyways, it sounds like you had a legitmate blackout. Unless of course your ego is trying to get you to forget in order to protect it from harm.

OrdinarilySkilled

Bronze

Post by OrdinarilySkilled » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

LSAT<BLACKOUT. I think you miswrote the rule.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Colorado10 wrote:I went for a 2-hour jog after the test, and now --I don't know what happened-- but I can barely even remember taking the test.

I cancelled my score right after taking the test because I was totally zoned out throughout the test.

I'm reading people's reactions/comments, and I have a really hard time recalling whatever people are talking about.

I guess this really attests to the kind of mental state I was in.

Is anyone else experiencing similar "blackout"?
I vaguely remember certain questions, but I forgot which questions were in each section. I had to RC and didnt remember which passages went with which, and have NO idea which LR questions were in which. One of the games I barely remember doing. Everything is a haze...

Colorado10

New

Post by Colorado10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:27 pm

All of you guys,

did you guys get a good night's sleep?

I took two tylenols just to be sure -- was a complete fking disaster. I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 5:30, all anxious and sweating.

Couldn't go back go sleep -- so stressed out and overate breakfast (twice the usual amount I eat).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't even remember what the four RC passages were about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:28 pm

The LSAT can suck it! Its done. Im putting it all behind me. I went out for a nice run in the park with my doggie for about an hour, I lifted a few weights when I got back and Im going to order a pizza and watch college football tonight. Tis all good. 8)

Colorado10

New

Post by Colorado10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:29 pm

gdane5 wrote:The LSAT can suck it! Its done. Im putting it all behind me. I went out for a nice run in the park with my doggie for about an hour, I lifted a few weights when I got back and Im going to order a pizza and watch college football tonight. Tis all good. 8)
haha sounds like a plan.

are you thinking about re-taking in december?

flourish

New

Post by flourish » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 pm

It's funny that you mention being blacked-out during the test because they say that's what happens to women during birth or soldiers during combat...they don't remember the pain and anguish, and that's how they're able to put themselves in those situations again.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 pm

I was fine during the test, but now I have no clue what it was about. I can remember the topic of one RC passage, and another only because somebody mentioned it on here. The games are a total blank, and the only thing I remember about LR was that I didn't get to bubble in one of the answer choices.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:37 pm

test?

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:54 pm

I closed my eyes for one second, woke up, and the proctor was collecting my test booklet and answer sheet that had random bubbles filled in....

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 am

3|ink wrote:test?
+1

Yeah I can sort of remember writing things down in a booklet and checking out the hot french chick in front of me after the writing sample, but not much else.

Oh and I remember that the 2nd LR kicked my ass thoroughly. On question 15 I checked my watch and 20 mins had already passed.

whitefeather2011

New

Post by whitefeather2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 am

Black out is a common symptom of high amounts of adrenaline.
Pro athletes experience this frequently.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoctorLaw

Bronze

Post by DoctorLaw » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 am

I see alot of people here talking about their test break down I already forgot how many LG and LR sections i had, questions are a different story :( but I am still hoping i Did well then my pretests on this exam cuz somehow I thought it was easy but I could be wrong.... I want to cancel and dont want to at the same time..... don't know what to do, I dont wana go through it again!!

whitefeather2011

New

Post by whitefeather2011 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:52 am

DoctorLaw wrote:I see alot of people here talking about their test break down I already forgot how many LG and LR sections i had, questions are a different story :( but I am still hoping i Did well then my pretests on this exam cuz somehow I thought it was easy but I could be wrong.... I want to cancel and dont want to at the same time..... don't know what to do, I dont wana go through it again!!
you thought it was easy?
okay, well then don't cancel.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 am

I thought it was easy, but I also don't think I did particularly well either.

emseeaych

New

Post by emseeaych » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am

Me. I remember few specifics. Just the structure (RC LR LR LG LR), and the general "feel" of each section.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

doug_7506

New

Post by doug_7506 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 am

whitefeather2011 wrote:Black out is a common symptom of high amounts of adrenaline.
Pro athletes experience this frequently.
That is exactly how I felt. I was extremely jacked going into the test but was very focused through out. I think i did good for me (160+) but its just all a blur now...

rsd16

New

Post by rsd16 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:30 am

<-------------------------- BURNOUT

I thought I was the only one. When I got out of my seat, I literally felt like I was in a catatonic state- my sense of balance was way off and it felt weird walking. After I left the testing center, I could only remember like 15 specific questions, a few passages and 2 of the games. When I got home, I took an hour power nap and dreamt about the LSAT. And after reading posts here about specific questions, I kept saying "oh yeah, I remember that one now."

It was fucking weird to say the least.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 am

minnbills wrote:
3|ink wrote:test?
+1

Yeah I can sort of remember writing things down in a booklet and checking out the hot french chick in front of me after the writing sample, but not much else.

Oh and I remember that the 2nd LR kicked my ass thoroughly. On question 15 I checked my watch and 20 mins had already passed.
That's what killed me. I couldn't do the ten in ten on the LR and I was seriously short on time. They also had a method of reasoning question which was written in a way I had never seen it before.

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 am

It's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the elements that can lead to a good score is the ability to move on. So if you don't remember much of the test, it can be scary, but it may mena you did what you needed to do, and you moved on from one Q to the next, and didn't let anything phase you.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 am

The test was also a complete haze to me, but then again I drank a ton of gin after and so everything's hazy to me in general now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”