Help! Which LR is experimental?

harmoniousome

Help! Which LR is experimental?

Postby harmoniousome » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 pm

I had LR LR RC LR LG, and I remembered clearly that the second LR has a question about eletric stove, and its temperature. It asks about the main conclusion. The question has several numbers on temperature too, such as 700F. The question is on the left top of the page.

Can anyone who does not have LR experimental confirm this is real?

s254w

Re: Help! Which LR is experimental?

Postby s254w » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Not real.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 pm

I had that LR also. People telling me its fake.

bjc314

Postby bjc314 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

I had RC LR LR LG LR.

I remember the the last question on the third lr was about a university presidents. Any non LR experimental takers remember this one?

AP-375

Postby AP-375 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Are there different experimental LR sections? I had three LRs, but never saw this Q.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

harmoniousome wrote:I had LR LR RC LR LG, and I remembered clearly that the second LR has a question about eletric stove, and its temperature. It asks about the main conclusion. The question has several numbers on temperature too, such as 700F. The question is on the left top of the page.

Can anyone who does not have LR experimental confirm this is real?

experimental, not real

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Damn, yeah I'm actually remembering all of these. University presidents, stoves, kafka/nabakov...all the easy ones. All not real. Difference this makes in my LSAT score may be 5-6 points.

harmoniousome

Postby harmoniousome » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

bartleby wrote:Damn, yeah I'm actually remembering all of these. University presidents, stoves, kafka/nabakov...all the easy ones. All not real. Difference this makes in my LSAT score may be 5-6 points.

Sadly. +1
But are you sure they are in the same section?

loptimist

Postby loptimist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

bartleby wrote:Damn, yeah I'm actually remembering all of these. University presidents, stoves, kafka/nabakov...all the easy ones. All not real. Difference this makes in my LSAT score may be 5-6 points.

i have no clue which one was that, was that first section or the second section?

i remember that first section some answer choices about "By reasoning, it means ... blabh blah balbhalbhalbhlabhlabhlabhla" and wish this one was experimental.

thegovernor

Postby thegovernor » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 am

was the question about the bacteria and new treatment/antibiotic with an analogy to a chef and number of courses prepared real?

Nailjohnj

Postby Nailjohnj » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:18 am

I had RC LR LR G LR and I think the third one was the experimental. The first 7 arguments were nutso hard and I don't remember a parallel the reasoning question. I think there was a question about owls with blinders and the bacteria one someone already mentioned. Anyone with only 2 LR remember these?

rbhesser

Postby rbhesser » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:19 am

thegovernor wrote:was the question about the bacteria and new treatment/antibiotic with an analogy to a chef and number of courses prepared real?

Yup. I had LG as an experimental. LR LG RC LR LG. and I distinctly remember that question.

I do not remember a stove or temperature or anything like that though...

compie

Postby compie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am

I had two logic games sections. I'm trying to figure out which one was the experimental. The first one had a game about three companies and the amount of response days it took to get back to them (1, 2, or 3). The second game section had a game about thigns found at an archeological site. Anyone know?? Thanks in advance!

AP-375

Postby AP-375 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:33 am

rbhesser wrote:thegovernor wrote:
was the question about the bacteria and new treatment/antibiotic with an analogy to a chef and number of courses prepared real?

Yup. I had LG as an experimental. LR LG RC LR LG. and I distinctly remember that question.

Sweet. That was a pretty good section for me. I cruised through it, then got to that question and the brick houses question. Both were fairly atypical, so I wondered if it was experimental. I'm glad its not.

DrackedaryMaster

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:41 am

Nailjohnj wrote:I had RC LR LR G LR and I think the third one was the experimental. The first 7 arguments were nutso hard and I don't remember a parallel the reasoning question. I think there was a question about owls with blinders and the bacteria one someone already mentioned. Anyone with only 2 LR remember these?

Same here (RC, LR, LR, LG, LR). I hate to disappoint you, but the first LR (Section 2 for us) was the dummy section. PO's me because this was an easy LR section for me. I was pretty certain I only missed maybe 1 or 2 at most.

The other Q's you mention of. They're real.

patrickj11288

Postby patrickj11288 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 am

For those of you who didnt have LR as your experimental section; Did you have a LR section that had very few parallel reasoning questions (I dont even remember one).... One of the last four questions or so had to do with some historian and historical analysis or something..... And I cant remember a whole lot more about the section all i know is that it was my first section and was significantly harder then the other two. The first ten questions or so were suprisingly more difficult.

sunnyD

Postby sunnyD » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:34 pm

I also had LR LR RC LR LG

turns out the first one is for real (with the antibiotic/herbal remedy and guest/cook analogy). Turns the second LR, with the electric stove q - experimental.

sunnyD

Postby sunnyD » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 pm

DrackedaryMaster wrote:
Nailjohnj wrote:I had RC LR LR G LR and I think the third one was the experimental. The first 7 arguments were nutso hard and I don't remember a parallel the reasoning question. I think there was a question about owls with blinders and the bacteria one someone already mentioned. Anyone with only 2 LR remember these?

Same here (RC, LR, LR, LG, LR). I hate to disappoint you, but the first LR (Section 2 for us) was the dummy section. PO's me because this was an easy LR section for me. I was pretty certain I only missed maybe 1 or 2 at most.

I hear you...hate that the easy LR is the experimental and gets thrown out....

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm

thegovernor wrote:was the question about the bacteria and new treatment/antibiotic with an analogy to a chef and number of courses prepared real?

This was the question that made me confident this was experimental. It was bizarre.
Single guest?

ElisabethR805

Postby ElisabethR805 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 pm

DrackedaryMaster wrote:

Crap, are you totally positive the first one was the experimental? I reallly wanted that one to be counted and the third or the fifth to be out, guess everyone did though, since it was way easier than the other two, at least for me

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”