Misconduct and Irregularities

tlabrum3

Misconduct and Irregularities

Postby tlabrum3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Does anyone know if canceling a score will eliminate the misconduct/irregularity notice that was given on that test or is it attached to that person's file no matter what?

Please comment only if you know for sure what you're talking about.

Thanks.

tazmolover

Re: Misconduct and Irregularities

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Of course not. Then what would be the point of misconduct if you can just cancel to get rid of it? So many people would just try to cheat and cancel...

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:55 pm

So, um, what did you do?

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 pm

typ3

Postby typ3 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:01 pm

+1 this better be good.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

They should give misconduct for asking stupid questions.

Proctor: ok please sign the black line on the front of the booklet.
Guy: Where do we sign?
Proctor: front of the booklet, under the name, where there is a black line.
Guy: Ok, I see it. So I sign my full name there?
Proctor: Yes, sign your name.
Guy: Wait, Do I sign or Print?

<------- laughed out loud

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:06 pm

I lol'd.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:12 pm

There was a person at my site who started filling out their personal information in pen. I don't even know what happened with her.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 pm

incompetentia wrote:There was a person at my site who started filling out their personal information in pen. I don't even know what happened with her.

LMAO, thats all bad. We had one guy give up in the middle of the test. After the 3rd section he turned in his test materials, grabbed his ziploc bag, and never came back.

LogicGamez

Postby LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:They should give misconduct for asking stupid questions.

Proctor: ok please sign the black line on the front of the booklet.
Guy: Where do we sign?
Proctor: front of the booklet, under the name, where there is a black line.
Guy: Ok, I see it. So I sign my full name there?
Proctor: Yes, sign your name.
Guy: Wait, Do I sign or Print?

<------- laughed out loud

This girl interrupted the proctor during the writing section to ask if she could write in double space by skipping every other line...

lol

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I am anxious to know too.

lawschool2525

Postby lawschool2525 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

So, between the 5th section and the writing section a woman came in and talked to our proctors for a really long time and they were writing things down and pointing at people. Someone said that they were taking names for misconduct notices but I was told they had to inform you of those during the test. Does anyone know if that's true?

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 pm

lawschool2525 wrote:So, between the 5th section and the writing section a woman came in and talked to our proctors for a really long time and they were writing things down and pointing at people. Someone said that they were taking names for misconduct notices but I was told they had to inform you of those during the test. Does anyone know if that's true?

Yup. Even if you think that you got away with it. You didn't. They know. They will come for you. When you least expect it.
You could be walking to the grocery store and bam. LSAC police.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:12 pm

tlabrum3

Postby tlabrum3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 pm

You'll probably think I'm lying, but it was my cousin who actually did this. According to what he says, during section 2 the proctor came by and handed him a misconduct notice. On it, it said that the proctor walked by and the last five bubbles on section 1 were only partially bubbled in and when she walked by again, they were bubbled in completely bubbled in, therefore he got the notice. He said that he did indeed erase some stray marks on section 1 during section 2 but says he didnt fill anything in.

He is/was freaking out. What are the implications for law school?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 pm

tlabrum3 wrote:You'll probably think I'm lying, but it was my cousin who actually did this. According to what he says, during section 2 the proctor came by and handed him a misconduct notice. On it, it said that the proctor walked by and the last five bubbles on section 1 were only partially bubbled in and when she walked by again, they were bubbled in completely bubbled in, therefore he got the notice. He said that he did indeed erase some stray marks on section 1 during section 2 but says he didnt fill anything in.

no bueno, but yet I dont really understand. You cant touch a previous section afterwards.

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:13 am

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etown989

Postby etown989 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

tlabrum3 wrote:You'll probably think I'm lying, but it was my cousin who actually did this. According to what he says, during section 2 the proctor came by and handed him a misconduct notice. On it, it said that the proctor walked by and the last five bubbles on section 1 were only partially bubbled in and when she walked by again, they were bubbled in completely bubbled in, therefore he got the notice. He said that he did indeed erase some stray marks on section 1 during section 2 but says he didnt fill anything in.

That is an extremely on point proctor to catch that and a tough break for your cousin. I'd imagine the implications... not good. Nobody can really know for certain which law schools will do what unless this situation has happened to them before.

Dripworx

Postby Dripworx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:58 am

question, this might be stupid but... the only time they could issue a misconduct/irregularity is at the actual test right? They couldnt for example, mail it to you after the test like "oh btw here you go" right?

delusional

Postby delusional » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 am

Dripworx wrote:question, this might be stupid but... the only time they could issue a misconduct/irregularity is at the actual test right? They couldnt for example, mail it to you after the test like "oh btw here you go" right?

I think we're all a little on edge now. Everyone is canceling, and I guess that's a reasonable discussion to have, but I can't imagine that the proctors sat down afterward to watch the game tape, and were like, "Hey! What's that square thing in the guy's pocket? Is his wallet in his pocket instead of in his ziplock bag?"

jwzp

Postby jwzp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 am

Last edited by jwzp on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dripworx

Postby Dripworx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:39 pm

jwzp wrote:
Dripworx wrote:question, this might be stupid but... the only time they could issue a misconduct/irregularity is at the actual test right? They couldnt for example, mail it to you after the test like "oh btw here you go" right?

The proctors are not required to tell you anything. They can file a Miscon/Irreg report without telling you. LSAC, though, is required to inform you AFTER they investigate. LSAC's policy is pretty clear. You can find it on their website if you feel like reading through the details.

Im only worried because I literally filled in the last question of my last LR as she said put your pencils down... neither of the proctors said anything so, now im worried that it would count if i was in the act as the words were coming out of her mouth, but done before she could finish saying it. Ill check up on the website.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”