On a side note... 5 hour energy drink Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cromartie

Bronze

Re: On a side note... 5 hour energy drink

Post by Cromartie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 pm

incompetentia wrote:
Drummingreg wrote: Is that Sasha Grey in your tar? I don't recognize her with clothes on or when she isn't ruining entourage.

Protip: If you take 5 hr energy without eating/drinking beforehand you will feel like you are running from a bear in the desert while going through a Parkinson's attack.
Entourage was ruinable in the first place?
Seriously if I was stuck on a sinking ship with every single one of those characters and I had to save one it might be Lebron's cameo, simply for the purpose of personally throwing him off the lifeboat

But seriously folks...
I more or less completely gave up caffeine during my senior year of college, and it's had barely any effect on my schedule ultimately. I still end up being able to sleep 6-7 hours per night, and I'm not crazy wired like I have been in the past.
Of course, the semester after I chucked the coffee, I was somehow on the 28-hour per day schedule...
What's an Entourage? I'm not a caffeine drinker myself - had coffee a couple of times while pulling all-nighters in B-school a few years back, but that's about it. I don't even drink soda. But after reading all the praises being sung about 5-hour energy and its supposed cognitive-enhancing powers, I thought I'd give it a try. On a side note, I am starting to distinctly notice my heartbeats now.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:01 pm

So I think the positive effects (sharper alertness, etc.) lasted about 2 hours for me...during that time, I also had to go to the restroom at least 5 times.

From a cost-benefit perspective, I don't think it's worth it. No 5-hour energy for me tomorrow...

jjlaw

Bronze

Post by jjlaw » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm

I tried 5 Hour Energy for the first time on test day. I got 3 hours of sleep from the night before (nerves), then drank a sugar-free Red Bull at around 8am before going in. At break, I had about 3/4 of 5 Hour Energy. I never felt sluggish or tired throughout the test, not even during the Writing Section.

The down side was, I'd never had that much caffeine and that many energy drinks in one day, let alone in a short span of time, and I felt so weird for the rest of the day. I didn't need to take a nap when I got home, and I barely ate anything the entire day. I just felt so "off".

Good thing I probably won't need to do anything like that again until the Bar Exam. :)

compromises

New

Post by compromises » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I was taking 5 Hour Energy before each of my Princeton Review classes (after a full workday, 3.5 hours of class is a beatdown) and then on Saturday mornings before the practice tests. I feel that doing so made me more comfortable with the effects that it can have on your body, rather than trying it for the first time on test day and risking a blow up.

Glad I don't have to shell out the $3.29 for those little guys three times a week anymore, but admit that the grape flavor is nice.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 pm

compromises wrote:I was taking 5 Hour Energy before each of my Princeton Review classes (after a full workday, 3.5 hours of class is a beatdown) and then on Saturday mornings before the practice tests. I feel that doing so made me more comfortable with the effects that it can have on your body, rather than trying it for the first time on test day and risking a blow up.

Glad I don't have to shell out the $3.29 for those little guys three times a week anymore, but admit that the grape flavor is nice.
Costco sells them in a 24-pack for like $36.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 pm

I experimented with 5 hour energy drink before taking a practice test. It left me extremely jittery, and I scored only a 155 (I had been average ~163). It definitely works for some, but I would advise doing a trial run before test day. Your body may not react so well to it.

lolol10

Bronze

Post by lolol10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 pm

hour before the test, psudoephedrin

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Ok guys, I think that little bottle I took today may keep me up late tonight. Hopefully, Mr. Neal Stephenson comes through for me again tonight.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yezzir

New

Post by yezzir » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 am

I look forward to when all of these people are in Law School. When finals week rolls around the chemical cocktails will help make the curves much more forgiving (you only need a few people's hearts to explode before the curve gets a good bit more forgiving).

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 am

yezzir wrote:
I look forward to when all of these people are in Law School. When finals week rolls around the chemical cocktails will help make the curves much more forgiving (you only need a few people's hearts to explode before the curve gets a good bit more forgiving).
lol. I worry about anybody who is counting on other students' hearts exploding in order to make the curve more forgiving.

TirejHaool1133

New

Post by TirejHaool1133 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:54 am

well in new coming phones and phablet there is need to improve the battery due to high graphics and other high end feature that use roughly

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”