RC-LG-LR-LG-LR Anyone have this?

vinny86

Re: RC-LG-LR-LG-LR Anyone have this?

Postby vinny86 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm

DearCan wrote:
doug_7506 wrote:
WonkyPanda wrote:
DearCan wrote:The real LG has bus drivers, runners, nurses, and artifacts.

I wish the first LG section was the scored section, but alas.

I am on the flipside, DearCan...sorry :( I hated LG1 and I am beyond relieved that it isn't scored. I blew LG2 out of the water. I know you did amazing though, don't fret.

same here

I think you guys might have had a different experimental LG. I've heard talk of some game with sub-zones or something and store aisles? Apparently it was really hard. My experimental LG didn't have this and was super easy. The only game I remember is one about newspaper columnists.

I totally agree with the above. My experimental section was so easy! And trust me I suck at logic games. But I felt so good about this section. When I got to the second half of the test and saw that my last section was a LG I was doomed. To me, it was SO MUCH harder than the experimental. It is so unfair because from what I've heard from others and read on here, those with the same LG experimental also thought it was easy. I kinda think the LSAC was trying to sabotage October test takers :(

doug_7506

Postby doug_7506 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:29 am

Yeah we had a different exp. section. I had the subzones question. It was bad at first but I eventually figured it out. The problem was that it took m too long and I had to guess for the first game that i skipped. The section in general was extremely tough. It pretty much caused me to lose my compsure through out half the following LR section which scares me....

archie&veronica

Postby archie&veronica » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:16 am

I also had this setup for the test...don't remember a game on subzones but the 1st LG was super easy for me...

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:34 am

ditto. i had this too.

doug_7506

Postby doug_7506 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm

archie&veronica wrote:I also had this setup for the test...don't remember a game on subzones but the 1st LG was super easy for me...

lucky... i got stuck with the subzones... it was more time consuming than hard... but the worst was that it rattled me....

aesis

Postby aesis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:33 pm

doug_7506 wrote:
archie&veronica wrote:I also had this setup for the test...don't remember a game on subzones but the 1st LG was super easy for me...

lucky... i got stuck with the subzones... it was more time consuming than hard... but the worst was that it rattled me....

Exactly. I got subzones as well and it rattled me hardcore.

Norlan

Postby Norlan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 am

call me a noob if you want, but does the order of sections really matter? ive read about several threads from different OPs concerning with the order

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 am

I still kind of hope the 2nd LR for me was the real 1 and the 3rd was the experimental; that's how it seemed to me at the time at least. I'm not too good at remembering questions.

I want to say the 2nd question on the 3rd LR was something about extinction and organs? I remember because I thought it was kind of wordy for the 2nd question on a section.

xela kebert

Postby xela kebert » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 am

I had this one. I thought that the ordering of the sections was ideal for my skill set.

compromises

Postby compromises » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:12 am

Had RC LG LR LG LR

LG1 was definitely my experimental, which is too bad. At break, I felt like I was absolutely crushing the test, as I doubt I got any wrong in LG1 and LR1 was average difficulty at best. RC was dense, but I finished with plenty of time to check my answers.

Upon starting LG2, my world was smashed. Still did okay, but nowhere near where I'd score if LG1 counted. LR2 was also much more difficult than LR1. Very long args and some very tricky questions. Left feeling completely opposite to how I felt at break, but the more I'm reading, the more tricky questions I seem to have nailed.

danicalifornia

Postby danicalifornia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 pm

How interesting. I actually really liked the first LG and finished quite early, and then the second LG... well, I messed up on the timing and thought I had more time than I did, which was certainly not the case. The last two passages on RC killed me though. If anyone remembers anything in detail, a PM would be greatly appreciated!

LogicalBaozi

Postby LogicalBaozi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 am

Same setup here.

I aced the first LG, finished with five minutes to spare. The second game was birds and water.

Second LG, my stomach was giving me some issues, and I forgot to hit the timer; I plowed through the first game, realized I had no idea how much time was left, and then rushed the next 3, knowing once 5 minutes was called, it would be too late to "start" a new game. I'm only not canceling to see just how poorly I did.

Ugh. Never take peanut butter and crackers from someone else, stick to your own beef jerky (though it wasn't his fault, we were just sharing).

bryannance

Postby bryannance » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 am

I had LR-LG-RC-LR-LG.

I'm not sure how to feel about it, honestly. The first LR section was fine (my guess is I missed 4 max). The first LG section was a challenge, but I kept my pencil moving and was able to get through everything just fine, even though I didn't take time to make deductions at the beginning of each game. RC was fine. And the second LR section was amazing--I finished with 6 minutes to spare, looked over everything, felt solid, and would be surprised if I missed more than 2 in that section.

Then, the last section, LG, killed me. I was hoping it was RC, because I only felt "good" about the earlier RC section. I got a 165 on the June test, so I'm just hoping that my confidence on the earlier sections is indicative of good work on those sections. I think I might have a shot at bumping up my score by 1-3 points.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 pm

nillumin wrote:I still kind of hope the 2nd LR for me was the real 1 and the 3rd was the experimental; that's how it seemed to me at the time at least. I'm not too good at remembering questions.

I want to say the 2nd question on the 3rd LR was something about extinction and organs? I remember because I thought it was kind of wordy for the 2nd question on a section.

Can't be. Unless you went LR LR LR RC/LG RC/LG.

I suppose you could have gone RC LG LR LR LR. But then the first was exp.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”