Okay, sheer disgust is subsiding and desire is building...

JurisDoctorate

Okay, sheer disgust is subsiding and desire is building...

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:38 pm

I want what a ton of you guys had; I want to walk into that December test with confidence; I want to walk in with an average of 174 on PT's; I want to walk in, knowing that it's been weeks since I got one wrong on a LG.

I'm a little too fried, at the moment, to create my game plan for the next 9 weeks but I'll give it a try - later today. I'm meeting with my tutor, tomorrow night, and we will go over it.

All in all, I really feel like I'm unpracticed; I feel like I haven't scratched the surface of my potential. I took my first PT in late August and scored a 155. I took 4 more, increasing a couple of points - each time. I spent this last week just focusing on LG and feel I have a decent handle. Ever since my second PT, I've always been above 42/50 on LR and have been as high as 45/50.

Like I said, the pissed off feeling is going away and now I'm feeling motivated; I don't want to feel this way on 12/12, so I won't. Despite all of the craziness in my life, I can always make time for something. This'll just be my thing; this'll be my mission. I look forward to this and I hope you guys can steer me in the right direction.

A lot of people have told me to stay away from TLS because it's such an unrepresentative sample. Most of the young, bright legal minds are here and it is intimidating for most; I, on the other hand, feel this is exactly the place to be. This is where the eagles are soaring and if I need to get high in the sky, who better to teach me?

tazmolover

Re: Okay, sheer disgust is subsiding and desire is building...

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Most people on here are fucking elitist liberal scumbat douchebags.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

There is pretty much no soaring here.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

tazmolover wrote:Most people on here are fucking elitist liberal scumbat douchebags.

u mad?

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Tanicius wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Most people on here are fucking elitist liberal scumbat douchebags.

u mad?

Not really. I like my internet forums with douchebags.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:11 pm

--ImageRemoved--

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:13 pm

champ33 wrote:There is pretty much no soaring here.

Maybe we aren't reading the same threads; there are a bunch of people, here, with incredibly high LSAT PT averages. I know that it's not always a 1 to 1 correlation to the real thing, but when you go into a test, knowing that you've proven you can get a 170+ 10 times - what more can you do?

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:15 pm

JurisDoctorate wrote:
champ33 wrote:There is pretty much no soaring here.

Maybe we aren't reading the same threads; there are a bunch of people, here, with incredibly high LSAT PT averages. I know that it's not always a 1 to 1 correlation to the real thing, but when you go into a test, knowing that you've proven you can get a 170+ 10 times - what more can you do?

Dude, read the threads, look at pithypikes guide, you can do it. A lot of people seem to get upset that there are a lot of high scorers on here. It's stupid.

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:24 pm

I hear you, man. I know I can do it, if I put my mind to it. The LSAT really is a beatable test. I talked to a guy, today, who got a 143 on his first test and wound up with a 166. There are a bunch of people with huge improvements.

As for the hatred, that's human nature. Whether it's a video game community where some people call the good players, "Glitchers" or it's the bad athletes who hate on the good ones - saying they were just born with that natural ability. Haters wanna hate and this really shouldn't be one of the times they do; other than some outliers, you can dictate your success on this test. You can do well if you decide to do what it takes; if you don't, you just complain about those who were willing to do what you weren't.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”