Experimental RC was HARD

JesusChrist

Experimental RC was HARD

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:38 pm

That experimental RC was so hard, that I kept thinking about it until section 4. It really threw me off. I was struggling with the LG and still thinking about that experimental, didn't even finish LG. I feel a retake coming up.

jd20132013

Re: Experimental RC was HARD

Postby jd20132013 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:40 pm

honestly found the experimental RC easier than the real. was pissed when i found out it was exp

mynjb26

Postby mynjb26 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:41 pm

My experimental section was LG...i was relieved since it is my strongest section. LR wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. However, the first passage was tough!

JurisDoctorate

Postby JurisDoctorate » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:46 pm

I honestly felt that both RC's were easy and RC is my toughest section. However, I had happened to have graduate papers on four of the eight topics :)

I remember reading about these incredibly lucky people, who'd get sections on topics they know, and I'd be so jealous. Well, it was me - this time. Don't worry, though, I still choked on LG :(

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Same boat as you, Juris. My graduate degree is in music, so I thought XPRC was easy, even though RC is my worst.

Didn't think the real RC was terribly difficult either.

sjlawand88

Postby sjlawand88 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

There was one RC section that discussed the why/why not chimpanzees have human social cues. they performed 3 experiments- focused on dogs, canids, etc.

That same section also had a passage about property rights-- how to properly classify a property owner's rights. the different methods. they discussed an agenda-method.

This was my RC2:
RC RC LR LG LR

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:25 pm

I found that property law one especially hard. Although it might have been because i was trying to speed through it to keep on track. Huh, guess it was just me.

I was hoping I'd get a LG section. It's my best section too. On top of that, LG sections don't even feel tedious to me. I actually enjoy the games.

gfunkera86

Postby gfunkera86 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 pm

I had RC RC LR LG LR

Of the two RC's (if you had them as the first two) which one was experimental. I did way better on the 2nd of the two but I cant really remember which passage belonged to which... If anyone can help, Id appreciate it

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:50 pm

gfunkera86 wrote:I had RC RC LR LG LR

Of the two RC's (if you had them as the first two) which one was experimental. I did way better on the 2nd of the two but I cant really remember which passage belonged to which... If anyone can help, Id appreciate it

I had the same order, and it appears that the 2nd RC was the experimental on mine, which is good because I struggled with it. The real RC was the one with the UN Human Rights, and the comparative reading about animals' communication.

mynjb26

Postby mynjb26 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:52 pm

JEALOUS!! RC is usually my weakest but 3 out of 4 passages were topics that were quite interesting...

JurisDoctorate wrote:I honestly felt that both RC's were easy and RC is my toughest section. However, I had happened to have graduate papers on four of the eight topics :)

I remember reading about these incredibly lucky people, who'd get sections on topics they know, and I'd be so jealous. Well, it was me - this time. Don't worry, though, I still choked on LG :(

coffeetable

Postby coffeetable » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 pm

yea the experimental RC was definitely harder... I was so happy when i found out that it was experimental.

I had
- chimapanzee
- fingerprinting (comparative passage)
- jazz/novel
- Kant morality i think.

LR - RC - RC - LR - LG and 1st RC was experimental

Does everyone get the same 4 experimental passages?
I don't quite remember property stuffs....

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm

coffeetable wrote:yea the experimental RC was definitely harder... I was so happy when i found out that it was experimental.

I had
- chimapanzee
- fingerprinting (comparative passage)
- jazz/novel
- Kant morality i think.

LR - RC - RC - LR - LG and 1st RC was experimental

Does everyone get the same 4 experimental passages?
I don't quite remember property stuffs....

No. I had

- digital publishing
- fingerprinting (comparative)
- Jazz/jazz
- don't remember.

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Nope
Last edited by OrdinarilySkilled on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

So for people who had rc rc lr games lr, the second rc was always the experiential, correct? Or are their cases of the first rc being the experimental also?

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 pm

What makes the RC comparative passage so easy was that it was almost an exact template of the Comparative one in PT60 I had done the morning of the test. I guess LSAC is running out of ideas about things to test us on lol.

wdk3618

Postby wdk3618 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm

that property law one on the experimental was one of the hardest passages ive seen. The other 3 werent bad but i guessed on most of the property law one.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

longday: the post above you indicates its not always the case.
I really wish I knew.
I had RC RC LR LG LR and didn't quite finish the first RC, bubbled in 3 C's at the end without reading the questions. Whereas the rest of the test I feel pretty decent about, If I knew which was which I would consider cancelling. I can't remember which passages were from which because they all ran together but I THINK my first section may have been the experimental.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

LSATurday wrote:longday: the post above you indicates its not always the case.
I really wish I knew.
I had RC RC LR LG LR and didn't quite finish the first RC, bubbled in 3 C's at the end without reading the questions. Whereas the rest of the test I feel pretty decent about, If I knew which was which I would consider cancelling. I can't remember which passages were from which because they all ran together but I THINK my first section may have been the experimental.

Is this who I suspect it is?

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:I had RC RC LR LG LR, my first RC was experimental and had a Dog/Wolf expirement passage and a property law passage. I thought the exp. was easier but maybe because I had to do 8 RC in a row to start off the test and 5-8 counted.

After much deliberation, my real one was first. They all blurred together and I thought I remember doing the african american shit last. But I may have been mistaken, just like they guy who said he cooked grits quickly.

LSATurday

Postby LSATurday » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

longdaysjourney wrote:
LSATurday wrote:longday: the post above you indicates its not always the case.
I really wish I knew.

Is this who I suspect it is?

doubtful

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”