Cancel or not?

tazmolover

Cancel or not?

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Not aiming for top half of t14 but aiming for lower half. Gpa is in mid to high 3.7 range. I'm white.

Practicing 167-170 consistently.

Bombed one section of today's test...(guessed blindly on 3 rushed on at least 2-3). What to do?

No previous scores on record. Lets say I get mid to lower 160s this test (which is what I'm feeling)- would it be bad to have this on record?

So pretty much mid to low 160's and retake or cancel and retake?

inthefuture

Re: Cancel or not?

Postby inthefuture » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 pm

im in the same boat as you.

advice is appreciated ! thanks

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Also relevant question: Do any lower t14 schools and lowert14- rank 30 schools average LSAT scores?

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:28 pm

tazmolover wrote:Also relevant question: Do any lower t14 schools and lowert14- rank 30 schools average LSAT scores?

Avg or holistic approach to scores: HYS, maybe Columbia. Heard NYU doesnt really like retakes.

Lower half of t14 do not avg.

Though if you think you got in the low 160s, then I would cancel. Especially if my avgs are substantially higher.
Dont know if the difference between 162-170 and cancel-170 is big, but I'd rather be the guy with the cancel. This is coming from someone with a low-high (wishing I cancelled the first).

Have you ever guessed blindly on any in PTs?
How about the rest of the test? If you aced everything else, even if you miss all three guesses and 1-2 of the rushed, you would still do well.

These are all factors.

FWIW, when I got my high, I almost cancelled because I was hung up on like 3 problems I thought I missed (which I think I ended up missing 2). We always get bothered by things we know we missed, when we could have done the exceptional on the rest.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 pm

trudat15 wrote:
tazmolover wrote:Also relevant question: Do any lower t14 schools and lowert14- rank 30 schools average LSAT scores?

Avg or holistic approach to scores: HYS, maybe Columbia. Heard NYU doesnt really like retakes.

Though if you think you got in the low 160s, then I would cancel. Especially if my avgs are substantially higher.
Dont know if the difference between 162-170 and cancel-170 is big, but I'd rather be the guy with the cancel. This is coming from someone with a low-high (wishing I cancelled the first).

How about the rest of the test? If you aced everything else, even if you miss all three guesses and 1-2 of the rushed, you would still do well.

These are all factors.

FWIW, when I got my high, I almost cancelled because I was hung up on like 3 problems I thought I missed (which I think I ended up missing 2). We always get bothered by things we know we missed, when we could have done the exceptional on the rest.

May I ask what your low/high was and what schools you applied/got in?

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:43 pm

tazmolover wrote:
trudat15 wrote:

These are all factors.

May I ask what your low/high was and what schools you applied/got in?

164-174. Havent applied yet, but applying to CCN on down to WUSTL, with a few more lower ranked schools sprinkled in, applying broadly because I'm a splitter.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”