Help!!! "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct - How bad???

bluebird

Re: Help!!! "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct - How bad???

Postby bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 pm

s254w wrote:Hey, just add an addendum to your application. Just mention that you thought you misheard the instructions, and started early. Don't cancel, since you worked hard and the misconduct stays on your record. Just be honest, it will work out :)

Thanks!!!

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Edit
Last edited by maxm2764 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlepixie11

Postby littlepixie11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm not an expert, but it doesn't sound as tragic as starting an LG or something early. I'm sure the admissions know that if you took the other 5 sections on time, you didn't intend to finally "cheat" on a writing section of all sections. Again, as the previous poster said, write an addendum.

staroftony

Postby staroftony » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:12 pm

bluebird wrote:Just finished Oct LSAT and got a "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct. How bad was that???

I thought I heard the proctor said "Start" but maybe I was just daydreaming because I was so exhausted. So I got a warning for this after I finished the whole test.

How will this affect me? Should I call LSAC ASAP??? Will cancellation of score get this off record??? Anybody have similar experience and how this get resolved?? Will this hunt me forever? Can I still apply to law schools.

Need your help and input - Thanks!!

How exactly did they give you a warning? was it paper format or just words?
I don't really get it about warning unless proctor clearly confirm you that you misconduct on the test.

esj07

Postby esj07 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:17 pm

esj07 wrote:
Yeah I got a misconduct because i had a red folder with my admission ticket inside it to keep it together and the lady gave me a "possession of a nonelectronic prohibited item" even when i asked her if I could bring it in before I checked in with her and gave her the ticket. Then she said to set it down in the front of the room and told me lsac requires her to report it. Needless to say, I'm agitated but she called up the "supervisor" and she claimed they said it is "highly unlikely they do anything." Still causes unnecessary stress on my part though. Also, a guy who rode his motorcycle to the test brought his helmet in and she wrote him up for the same exact thing. Did this happen to anybody and what ended up happening as a result? And also, are all write ups automatically displayed on your record or are some dismissed?

Are you going to call LSAC or just wait? The lady just said "Sorry, sorry" and she just asked me to contact LSAC for any questions.

I don't know what to do. Right now I'm not planning to do anything but I'm really just not sure what is best. She said the same thing, to contact LSAC for questions. What happened w/ you?

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:20 pm

esj07 wrote:
esj07 wrote:
Yeah I got a misconduct because i had a red folder with my admission ticket inside it to keep it together and the lady gave me a "possession of a nonelectronic prohibited item" even when i asked her if I could bring it in before I checked in with her and gave her the ticket. Then she said to set it down in the front of the room and told me lsac requires her to report it. Needless to say, I'm agitated but she called up the "supervisor" and she claimed they said it is "highly unlikely they do anything." Still causes unnecessary stress on my part though. Also, a guy who rode his motorcycle to the test brought his helmet in and she wrote him up for the same exact thing. Did this happen to anybody and what ended up happening as a result? And also, are all write ups automatically displayed on your record or are some dismissed?

Are you going to call LSAC or just wait? The lady just said "Sorry, sorry" and she just asked me to contact LSAC for any questions.

I don't know what to do. Right now I'm not planning to do anything but I'm really just not sure what is best. She said the same thing, to contact LSAC for questions. What happened w/ you?

Cancellation won't get this off record? Right? I couldn't find an official confirmation though. Pity for you and me.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

esj07

Postby esj07 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
bluebird wrote:
esj07 wrote:
esj07 wrote:

Cancellation won't get this off record? Right? I couldn't find an official confirmation though. Pity for you and me.

No, it won't (otherwise, this allows for people who are blatantly cheating to get it removed).

Has anybody received a "nonelectronic prohibited item warning" on a previous test? What happened with them and would you recommend calling lsac?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:42 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
esj07 wrote:
Has anybody received a "nonelectronic prohibited item warning" on a previous test? What happened with them and would you recommend calling lsac?

They'll let you know if they decide to put a notice on your file. IIRC, for really minor violations/write-ups, it just kind of disappears. You can try calling them, but I doubt they're going to give you a clear answer.

Do you know how long it takes for LSAC to tell you what they are going to do? By email? Before or after the score is out or no relationship to the score release? I doubt they will cancel my score for this and it seems there is no point for me to cancel either.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:45 pm

bluebird wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
esj07 wrote:

They'll let you know if they decide to put a notice on your file. IIRC, for really minor violations/write-ups, it just kind of disappears. You can try calling them, but I doubt they're going to give you a clear answer.

Do you know how long it takes for LSAC to tell you what they are going to do? By email? Before or after the score is out or no relationship to the score release? I doubt they will cancel my score for this and it seems there is no point for me to cancel either.

I've heard you get something in the mail but unfortunately you won't know for sure until you get your score.

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 pm

This is an epic thread. Not only did you gun an irrelevant portion of the test, but the proctor was hardcore enough to write you up for it. Lololol.

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Why the fuck didn't the proctor say something and stop you before saying "Start" if you actually did start early?

Dumbfuck proctor.

longdaysjourney

Postby longdaysjourney » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 pm

bluebird wrote:Just finished Oct LSAT and got a "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct. How bad was that???

I thought I heard the proctor said "Start" but maybe I was just daydreaming because I was so exhausted. So I got a warning for this after I finished the whole test.

How will this affect me? Should I call LSAC ASAP??? Will cancellation of score get this off record??? Anybody have similar experience and how this get resolved?? Will this hunt me forever? Can I still apply to law schools.

Just send in your essays a little late and it'll balance out.

forward

Postby forward » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Question for OP: does it say anywhere on your LSAC online that you have a misconduct allegation pending? Perhaps on the Special Notes section of your LSAT status or a hold somewhere?

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Why does that help? Unfortunately I have a few apps due in Nov. 1 for ED. Reallly wanna get score on time.

longdaysjourney wrote:

Just send in your essays a little late and it'll balance out.

bluebird

Postby bluebird » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:15 pm

no, just checked. Maybe not so fast.. Do you?

forward21 wrote:Question for OP: does it say anywhere on your LSAC online that you have a misconduct allegation pending? Perhaps on the Special Notes section of your LSAT status or a hold somewhere?

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:20 pm

It sucks that this happened, but I really doubt that law schools will care all that much. A brief addendum will probably minimize the damage to your application.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”