Help!!! "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct - How bad??? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bluebird

New

Help!!! "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct - How bad???

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Just finished Oct LSAT and got a "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct. How bad was that???

I thought I heard the proctor said "Start" but maybe I was just daydreaming because I was so exhausted. So I got a warning for this after I finished the whole test.

How will this affect me? Should I call LSAC ASAP??? Will cancellation of score get this off record??? Anybody have similar experience and how this get resolved?? Will this hunt me forever? Can I still apply to law schools.

Need your help and input - Thanks!!

tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Help!!! "Start Writing Sample Early" Misconduct - How bad???

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:44 pm

There are no words to describe.

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I've heard of this happening and I unfortunately think it's going to be on your record even if you cancel. You can still apply but you're going to have to write an addendum if you don't appeal or your appeal doesn't work. Also, I just realized this is probably a flame...

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

tazmolover wrote:There are no words to describe.
TITCR

WithoutMe

New

Post by WithoutMe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Calling LSAC wont do anything

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Doesn't this mean you're pretty much fucked?

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:53 pm

tazmolover wrote:There are no words to describe.

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:54 pm

tazmolover wrote:Doesn't this mean you're pretty much fucked?
Please!!! Why are you saying that? I am in deepest sorrow..

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:55 pm

ns77770 wrote:I've heard of this happening and I unfortunately think it's going to be on your record even if you cancel. You can still apply but you're going to have to write an addendum if you don't appeal or your appeal doesn't work. Also, I just realized this is probably a flame...
Thank you for your precious advice. BTW, this is NOT a flame. This really happened. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:59 pm

The worst part of this all is that it hangs a cloud of deep, morbid darkness over the rest of your exam. Does this mean you started other sections early, too, but just weren't caught?

This is major fuckage.

drake

New

Post by drake » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 pm

damn and imagine you got a 175+ bro only to get proctor pwned.

pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Pablo Ramirez wrote:The worst part of this all is that it hangs a cloud of deep, morbid darkness over the rest of your exam. Does this mean you started other sections early, too, but just weren't caught?

This is major fuckage.
BUT what's the point of starting writing sample early? I really thought I heard "Start" - probably I was too tired and thought the BIG game is over.

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:24 pm

bluebird wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:The worst part of this all is that it hangs a cloud of deep, morbid darkness over the rest of your exam. Does this mean you started other sections early, too, but just weren't caught?

This is major fuckage.
BUT what's the point of starting writing sample early? I really thought I heard "Start" - probably I was too tired and thought the BIG game is over.
Well, perhaps this doesn't apply to you, but some people are paranoid nutjobs and have an internal drive to get every edge possible over the rest of the competition even if the "edge" in question provides but a trivial advantage.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 pm

I mean it wouldn't affect me that much as an adcomm but you definitely want to do an addendum. I mean what is done is done and your chances wont be as bad as they would be if you don't apply at all... probably. Then again my proctors were lax as hell -- the dude in front of me blatantly bubbled in 5 answer choices after she called time -- so i am kind of curious how early you must have started to get a misconduct thing slapped on you.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

The truth: nobody here knows, contact a school or two you're interested in, see what they say, then respond.

tazmolover

Bronze

Post by tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Pablo Ramirez wrote:
bluebird wrote:

This is major fuckage.
Well, perhaps this doesn't apply to you, but some people are paranoid nutjobs and have an internal drive to get every edge possible over the rest of the competition even if the "edge" in question provides but a trivial advantage.
Provides no advantage.

I wish they would have let me out 10 minutes into the writing prompt. Shit was so useless.

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:02 pm

tazmolover wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:
bluebird wrote:

This is major fuckage.
Provides no advantage.

I wish they would have let me out 10 minutes into the writing prompt. Shit was so useless.

- Exactly. I never think LSAT writing is important and I finished 15 min earlier by babbling sth to fill the paper. I just accidentally opened the TOPIC book when the proctor was about to start the clock -- just reading some lengthy instructions and something about "TIMER" later I realized she might be talking about she needs to recheck the timer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:04 pm

wow...that's the worst way to get some kind of warning.

everyone in my room half-assed the writing section, including me. everyone was looking at each other with like 5 minutes left.

s254w

Bronze

Post by s254w » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey, just add an addendum to your application. Just mention that you thought you misheard the instructions, and started early. Don't cancel, since you worked hard and the misconduct stays on your record. Just be honest, it will work out :)

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 pm

This probably isn't that big of a deal, honestly. I'd contact some schools and see what they think about it... but really, anything having to do with the writing sample is meaningless. As long as you don't completely blow it off you've done your job.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:42 pm

if you got a misconduct, do they give you the piece of paper before you leave????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 pm

northwood wrote:if you got a misconduct, do they give you the piece of paper before you leave????
Yeah, I get a piece of notice with Violation type VIII Other - "Started Writing Sample Early" (handwritten). And First Verbal/Written Notice Issued to test taker (gold copy), Violation Type VIII, Section 6, Time remaining 35 minutes.

I opened the topic book just before I was supposed to. Sigh.. And I really didn't mean to gain any advantage. LSAT writing is so stupid.

esj07

New

Post by esj07 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeah I got a misconduct because i had a red folder with my admission ticket inside it to keep it together and the lady gave me a "possession of a nonelectronic prohibited item" even when i asked her if I could bring it in before I checked in with her and gave her the ticket. Then she said to set it down in the front of the room and told me lsac requires her to report it. Needless to say, I'm agitated but she called up the "supervisor" and she claimed they said it is "highly unlikely they do anything." Still causes unnecessary stress on my part though. Also, a guy who rode his motorcycle to the test brought his helmet in and she wrote him up for the same exact thing. Did this happen to anybody and what ended up happening as a result? And also, are all write ups automatically displayed on your record or are some dismissed?

LogicGamez

New

Post by LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 pm

No you're not screwed. Law schools know that most people finish their writing section in like 20 minutes and many law schools don't even read it.

Just write an addendum explaining exactly what happened.

bluebird

New

Post by bluebird » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:03 pm

esj07 wrote:Yeah I got a misconduct because i had a red folder with my admission ticket inside it to keep it together and the lady gave me a "possession of a nonelectronic prohibited item" even when i asked her if I could bring it in before I checked in with her and gave her the ticket. Then she said to set it down in the front of the room and told me lsac requires her to report it. Needless to say, I'm agitated but she called up the "supervisor" and she claimed they said it is "highly unlikely they do anything." Still causes unnecessary stress on my part though. Also, a guy who rode his motorcycle to the test brought his helmet in and she wrote him up for the same exact thing. Did this happen to anybody and what ended up happening as a result? And also, are all write ups automatically displayed on your record or are some dismissed?
Are you going to call LSAC or just wait? The lady just said "Sorry, sorry" and she just asked me to contact LSAC for any questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”