proctor f'ed up - called 5 min left too early

petrovovitch@

proctor f'ed up - called 5 min left too early

Postby petrovovitch@ » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 pm

and forced to me rush through the last RC section and then basically guess the last 7 questions.

she's filing something with lsac to inform them she fucked up.

should i cancel or let it ride? does an addendum that cites proctor fuck up to explain a cancellation look better than an addendum that cites proctor fuck up to explain a low score look better?

...fml

YCrevolution

Re: proctor f'ed up - called 5 min left too early

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:26 pm

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:35 pm

I let it ride when it happened to me on a retake and got the same score I got the first time. It really does rattle you and it sucks, good luck whatever you decide.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Sorry to hear that. If you had to guess the last 7 questions you should cancel, IMO. Even though your explanation for a low score would be completely legitimate, law schools might just think you're needlessly blaming others for your failure. You do run the risk of missing out on a free retake by canceling, but the last thing you want is a low score on the record.

sayruss11

Postby sayruss11 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm

But LSAC gives you a choice if you want to cancel yours or not? right? Because the same thing happened with my test center but it was only a minute too early and didn't affect me.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm

This will cost you 6 points. IMO that's enough to warrant a cancel. LSAC should let you retake for free. Talk to LSAC about it. They have a process for this.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:40 pm

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 pm

YCrevolution wrote:Yes, unless they decide the testing irregularity is such that they cancel all scores for the room/site. In this case, I guess that they won't, but I'm also not the LSAC.

I didn't know that LSAC ever did this. (although I guess it makes sense) The irregularity would have to be pretty egregious to warrant nuking everyone's scores though right? I'm assuming that something like a phone ringing wouldn't be sufficient to cause this. (It happened at my center)

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:52 pm

JetsMets

Postby JetsMets » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Where did this happen?

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:06 pm

YCrevolution wrote:he Gentleman wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Yes, unless they decide the testing irregularity is such that they cancel all scores for the room/site. In this case, I guess that they won't, but I'm also not the LSAC.

I didn't know that LSAC ever did this. (although I guess it makes sense) The irregularity would have to be pretty egregious to warrant nuking everyone's scores though right? I'm assuming that something like a phone ringing wouldn't be sufficient to cause this. (It happened at my center)

Pretty sure phone ringing won't do that. Probably more along the lines of too much time given (more than 5+ minutes for a section); consistent failure to properly ascertain identities of test-takers, etc.

Good to know. I would be honked off if some idiot's ringing phone invalidated my score.

iacedthelsat

Postby iacedthelsat » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Horrible to hear that; good luck with whatever you decide.

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Wow I thought I had it bad with my thumbs shoved in my ears for the whole test due to squeeky chairs.

pseudonym1

Postby pseudonym1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:25 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:and forced to me rush through the last RC section and then basically guess the last 7 questions.

should i cancel or let it ride? does an addendum that cites proctor fuck up to explain a cancellation look better than an addendum that cites proctor fuck up to explain a low score look better?

...fml

I had to do this because a girl had a sneezing fit for 5 straight minutes, wouldn't get up to leave, started tapping her Jesus sandles on the floor through half of another section, then finally decides she wants to get up and use the restroom. Ugh. One person ruining my future, gotta love it.

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:30 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:and forced to me rush through the last RC section and then basically guess the last 7 questions.

...fml

I'm confused? Did she call 5 minutes too early and still leave you the full 35 minutes, or did she give you 30 minutes?

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:31 pm

pseudonym1 wrote:

...fml

I had to do this because a girl had a sneezing fit for 5 straight minutes, wouldn't get up to leave, started tapping her Jesus sandles on the floor through half of another section, then finally decides she wants to get up and use the restroom. Ugh. One person ruining my future, gotta love it.

If someone is causing a prolonged distraction, the proctors are supposed to dismiss them. You may want to file a complaint or read more about it?

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:32 pm

RPK34 wrote:

...fml

I'm confused? Did she call 5 minutes too early and still leave you the full 35 minutes, or did she give you 30 minutes?

The former but it doesn't matter because after calling '5 minutes' when there were actually 10 minutes the proctor forced many test-takers to rush and guess.

petrovovitch@

Postby petrovovitch@ » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:This will cost you 6 points. IMO that's enough to warrant a cancel. LSAC should let you retake for free. Talk to LSAC about it. They have a process for this.

cancel it is then

JetsMets wrote:Where did this happen?

broward college north campus (south florida)

RPK34 wrote:I'm confused? Did she call 5 minutes too early and still leave you the full 35 minutes, or did she give you 30 minutes?

as someone else said: the former

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”