Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm trying to decide what to do about the LSAT on Saturday. I was PTing 170-72 last week, but this week my best score was 168 and my lowest was 162. Obviously burnout may be a factor.

I'm trying to decide whether to take an absence or not. I already have two scores (Dec 09 - 164, Feb 10 - 168) and one absence (Dec 08). Also, I've ruled out retaking in December, since having 5 scheduled LSATs on my record would probably not help matters. I could take the test and cancel if I feel unsure, but at this point I'm not feeling confident in my ability to assess how I performed on the test. I'm a sub-3.0 GPA applicant so my LSAT scores will make or break me.

What would be the best course of action in order to help/not harm my chances of admission?

User avatar
Snoring Meatball
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby Snoring Meatball » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm no expert, but I think you should take it and see how it goes. If you're aiming for 170-172 and were hitting that last week, you're capable of doing that tomorrow if you stay focused and don't panic. I would guess you're just burned out.

I'm aiming for the same after having taken it once, and I was PTing the same last week. I decided to make last Saturday my last full PT in case I scored lower this week and got discouraged about my prospects on the real thing. Good luck!

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 pm

any other input?

User avatar
Diiizzzzoooo
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby Diiizzzzoooo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm a similar situation. You can look up my posts from last night. I was given some pretty good advice by some of the members here. My personal advice to you is zone in and take it tomorrow seeing as how you have demonstrated the ability to score well. However only you know how you truly feel in your gut.

coffeetable
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby coffeetable » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:18 pm

hmmm i think it depends how consistently you were scoring 170-172. If you think 168 and 162 were just outliers, go for it. If you are not sure about that, you shouldn't take it. As you might know already, a cancelled score counts for three LSATs you can take within 2 years...so its gonna be your last chance right. There's no option of cancellation for you i guess. Take it if you think you can score better than 168, if not, don't.

User avatar
StrictlyLiable
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: Take, Cancel, or No Show on Saturday's LSAT

Postby StrictlyLiable » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:38 pm

It will be all right you guys. Chill out and go to bed.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests