Between sections

tazmolover

Between sections

Postby tazmolover » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:27 pm

In between sections - not between the break, is there a small time break?

I was wondering this because I wanted to know if there would be a small (even like 1 minute) time gap in order for me to rewind my analog wristwatch back to the 12 hand without losing precious seconds on the actual test.

romothesavior

Re: Between sections

Postby romothesavior » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 pm

tazmolover wrote:In between sections - not between the break, is there a small time break?

I was wondering this because I wanted to know if there would be a small (even like 1 minute) time gap in order for me to rewind my analog wristwatch back to the 12 hand without losing precious seconds on the actual test.

You should have time for that. There are usually 30 seconds to a minute between sections.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 pm

The time between sections is very minimal and will depend on your proctor. Don't go in expecting any more than 30 seconds at best. That being said, it shouldn't take a whole minute to rewind your watch.

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Also, all snacks + water can't be accessed during the test other than the break?

And all snacks must be in the ziplock bag right?

Also for the ticket, should I fill out any information on it before arriving at the test center?

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:59 pm

tazmolover wrote:Also, all snacks + water can't be accessed during the test other than the break?

And all snacks must be in the ziplock bag right?

Also for the ticket, should I fill out any information on it before arriving at the test center?

Snacks only during the 15min break between section 3 and 4

Yes, snacks in bag.

No, do not fill out. The ticket has a part that specifically asks you NOT to fill it out until you are directed to by the proctor(s)

schweizeroo

Postby schweizeroo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I am actually glad to hear there is some time between every section. During all of my PTs I have worked continuously with only a 5-10 minute break in between sections 3 and 4. So, a nice 15-30 second break between each section is a welcomed surprise, considering I didn't think there would be any time to regroup between sections.

anela00

Postby anela00 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if you're allowed to stand up and stretch in that 30 seconds between sections?

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:51 pm

anela00 wrote:Does anyone know if you're allowed to stand up and stretch in that 30 seconds between sections?

You probably could, but every eye in the place would be on you. I never saw anyone do anything like that

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:
anela00 wrote:Does anyone know if you're allowed to stand up and stretch in that 30 seconds between sections?

You probably could, but every eye in the place would be on you. I never saw anyone do anything like that

I did pushups.

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 am

dietcoke0 wrote:

lol.. never thought about this.. I might actually ask beforehand and do this.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 pm

It's more like:

Buzzer goes off.
Proctor: please stop working, everyone put your pencils down.
Pause.
Proctor: Please flip to section 2 of the test booklet.
Pause.
Proctor: In section 2 you will have 35 minutes to complete the questions, blah blah. You may begin.
Start.

There's time to re-set a watch, but you have to be quick about it, and should not sit around expecting there to be any dead time.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm

5ky wrote:It's more like:

Buzzer goes off.
Pause.
Pause.
Proctor: In section 2 you will have 35 minutes to complete the questions, blah blah. You may begin.
Start.

There's time to re-set a watch, but you have to be quick about it, and should not sit around expecting there to be any dead time.

It's accurate information about test day conditions.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Jeffort wrote:
5ky wrote:It's more like:

Buzzer goes off.
Pause.
Pause.
Start.

It's accurate information about test day conditions.

In October, my proctor was just like this. In December, however, he gave us about a minute in between sections. Strange, because it was the same proctor both times.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”