First PT for December TONIGHT!

guinness

First PT for December TONIGHT!

Postby guinness » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 am

Tonight I take PT 53 (Dec 2007) as my baseline indicator. I've been studying very consistently since the beginning of September using the Powerscore materials.

My one worry is that I haven't looked at a LR question for 6 days due to a focus on LG (def my weak spot) and RC (my strongest section).

I'll be using the LSAT iPhone Proctor app and doing all 5 sections.

Any advice? Is this a particularly hard PT?

spets

Re: First PT for December TONIGHT!

Postby spets » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 am

I just took it yesterday. I found the LR to be relatively standard, but ran out of time on RC and LG. In hindsight, I should have at least gotten close to finishing LG if I had not gotten hung up on a major deduction for one of the games.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

sknight323

Postby sknight323 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:46 am

I hope it is a good indicator. I got my highest score on that PT. I got my only perfect LR section on it, actually.

nylost

Postby nylost » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Goodluck! If you don't do as well as hoped you have a lot of time to correct your mistakes so no worries!
Better to make the mistakes now with 2 months to go!!

guinness

Postby guinness » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, here's my results:

No excuses: Overall 160. Raw Score 76. LR 1 - 6. LR - 2. LG - 8. RC - 8 (Burned at -5 the last section!!!).

Yes -8 for every category. Haha. That said I still think LG are my weakest subject so I plan on studying the hell out of those. Everything else equal, if I get that to 0 (which I think is def possible with training) and I'm at 166 which would be pretty good for the schools I'm looking at.

Two months left before I take this thing. My plan is essentially 2 PT a week, reviewing my Powerscore material a night or two, and heavy logic game work a day or two a week.

Is it typical to improve after a month of pretty consistent studying? I would hate for a 160 to be my AS.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:32 pm

I would say if you focus on logic games, you'll score a 166.

That's the easiest section to -0.

After that I would work on LR. I really think the critical skills you develop in LR will help with your RC. Not to mention that LR is two sections of the test, therefore mastering that + logic games nearly guarantees a great score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”