Question about Logical Reasoning

Postby testmachine45 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 am

I've taken 4 preptests.

My logical reasoning has been, in chronological order:

-10 (June 08, 160)

-3(June 09, 171)

-13(June 10, 160)

-11(Dec 09, 166)

Someone told me that with this many logical reasoning misses that there is something "more serious" going on. What does that mean?

PDaddy

Re: Question about Logical Reasoning

Postby PDaddy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:47 am

Either you haven't correctly identified what problem types are giving you trouble or you have a stamina problem. In the alternative, it could be that you are just doing them in the wrong order. My suggestion is this: when doing the first 2-3 pages do not do the problems in order. Skip around from the easiest to the hardest, so you can build some momentum.

The secret to a good LR score is to get your first 15 questions correct...get on a roll. Try slowing it down a bit on the first few problems during practice exams, then speed up as you get better. On the real test, you should be doing the first 15 questions in 13-15 minutes and getting them all correct...that allows you to relax later in the section and finish with time to go back and double-check answers. If you understand the problems fairly well, you should be able to get 20-23 correct every time just by doing that.

Also, remember that certain problems (like parallel reasoning) don't appear that often. Once you're done with a problem, do not dwell on it.

Re-read your entire LR Bible, if you have one. If you haven't gone through the LR Bible, get it!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”