What books to buy? Need advice!!

User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I have the PowerScore LGB/LRB and many official individual lsat pts and the 4 actual lsat prep books...Although I did use many sections, I guess I`ll just have to erase :?
My weakest section is L/R.

I am thinking of purchasing the following:

PowerScore LSAT Game Type Training PT 1-20
More GROUPED by Game Type: LSAT Analytical Reasoning: The Complete Collection of Actual, Official Logic Games from PrepTests 21-40 - Traciela Inc.

PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning: Question Type Training PT 1-20

PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible
PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension: Passage Type Training PT 1-20

And PTs58-60


Is this fine? Should I exclude/include something? Please let me know, I want to place the order tonight so I can get them hopefully next week!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Logic Games Bible or Logic Games for Dummies.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby The Gentleman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:55 pm


User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm

thanks for the input guys any advice on the books I am about to order?

User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Also
the Logic Games Bible Workbook Im assuming is a better buy than the PowerScore LSAT Game Type Training ?
The LGB Workbook is a more recent version?

User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 pm

:( anyone? anyone at all :?:

User avatar
penguin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby penguin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:51 pm

nylost wrote:I have the PowerScore LGB/LRB and many official individual lsat pts and the 4 actual lsat prep books...Although I did use many sections, I guess I`ll just have to erase :?
My weakest section is L/R.

I am thinking of purchasing the following:

PowerScore LSAT Game Type Training PT 1-20
More GROUPED by Game Type: LSAT Analytical Reasoning: The Complete Collection of Actual, Official Logic Games from PrepTests 21-40 - Traciela Inc.

PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning: Question Type Training PT 1-20

PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible
PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension: Passage Type Training PT 1-20

And PTs58-60


Is this fine? Should I exclude/include something? Please let me know, I want to place the order tonight so I can get them hopefully next week!


Well personally, I would save PT20-40ish for section practices. See my other post.

User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:06 pm

penguin wrote:
nylost wrote:I have the PowerScore LGB/LRB and many official individual lsat pts and the 4 actual lsat prep books...Although I did use many sections, I guess I`ll just have to erase :?
My weakest section is L/R.

I am thinking of purchasing the following:

PowerScore LSAT Game Type Training PT 1-20
More GROUPED by Game Type: LSAT Analytical Reasoning: The Complete Collection of Actual, Official Logic Games from PrepTests 21-40 - Traciela Inc.

PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning: Question Type Training PT 1-20

PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible
PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension: Passage Type Training PT 1-20

And PTs58-60


Is this fine? Should I exclude/include something? Please let me know, I want to place the order tonight so I can get them hopefully next week!


Well personally, I would save PT20-40ish for section practices. See my other post.


My issue is before I really had a strategy or really any idea how to properly study, I would just do some PTs here and there. Or sometimes I would just do a game or LR section at home or work, or just a random reading comp to see how I was doing.. Very disorganized and stupid. So now I have to go through everything and see what is unmarked.

Errr!! I`m going to do so when I get home, hopefully PT20-40 are mostly untouched but I doubt it!

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby typ3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Do NOT buy the work book. It uses the most recent games. Therefore, when you take the most recent prep tests in their entirety your scores will be inflated.

Here is what you should buy and their links on Amazon;

Logic Games Bible

http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... 780&sr=8-1

Logical Reasoning Bible
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... 803&sr=8-1

Reading Comprehension Bible
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-R ... 851&sr=8-1

Grouped by LG 1-20
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-G ... 023&sr=1-5

Grouped by LR 1-20

http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... =1-3-fkmr0

Grouped by RC 1-20
http://www.amazon.com/Grouped-Passage-T ... =1-3-fkmr0

10 More Actual, Official LSATS
http://www.amazon.com/More-Actual-Offic ... 074&sr=1-3

The Next 10 Actual, LSATS
http://www.amazon.com/Next-Actual-Offic ... 074&sr=1-2

The LSAT Super Prep
http://www.amazon.com/Official-SuperPre ... 074&sr=1-6

PT's 40-60 **Scroll to the bottom of the page**
http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/content_publications.cfm

An Analog Watch
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MQ24-7B2-An ... -1-catcorr

#2 Wooden Pencils and a sharpener **Mechanical Pencils are not allowed on the actual test**
http://www.amazon.com/Dixon-Ticonderoga ... d_sbs_op_6

User avatar
nylost
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: What books to buy? Need advice!!

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 pm

typ3 wrote:Do NOT buy the work book. It uses the most recent games. Therefore, when you take the most recent prep tests in their entirety your scores will be inflated.

Here is what you should buy and their links on Amazon;

Logic Games Bible

http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... 780&sr=8-1

Logical Reasoning Bible
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... 803&sr=8-1

Reading Comprehension Bible
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-R ... 851&sr=8-1

Grouped by LG 1-20
http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-G ... 023&sr=1-5

Grouped by LR 1-20

http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-L ... =1-3-fkmr0

Grouped by RC 1-20
http://www.amazon.com/Grouped-Passage-T ... =1-3-fkmr0

10 More Actual, Official LSATS
http://www.amazon.com/More-Actual-Offic ... 074&sr=1-3

The Next 10 Actual, LSATS
http://www.amazon.com/Next-Actual-Offic ... 074&sr=1-2

The LSAT Super Prep
http://www.amazon.com/Official-SuperPre ... 074&sr=1-6

PT's 40-60 **Scroll to the bottom of the page**
http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/content_publications.cfm

An Analog Watch
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MQ24-7B2-An ... -1-catcorr

#2 Wooden Pencils and a sharpener **Mechanical Pencils are not allowed on the actual test**
http://www.amazon.com/Dixon-Ticonderoga ... d_sbs_op_6



typ3 you the man, thank you.
Same to penguin, thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it!!!! :o :D :wink:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests