For those with low diagnostics: There is hope.

Rawlberto

For those with low diagnostics: There is hope.

Postby Rawlberto » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:29 pm

My first diagnostic a month ago was a 141, I was to say the very least very bummed out. I have been working at it everyday for the past month, and have been able to get up to 156 with constant practice. I will be taking the December test, and aim to be getting a 165. So for those who may have just taken a test, there is no reason to freak out. I got only two correct for my LG section on my first test, but by studying and doing the LGB I am now getting at least 70% of the questions right (currently making small mistakes that can be corrected). So don't freak out and think you will be unable to improve, you can. You just have to be willing to put in the time, be critical of your approach, and just keep working at it. I feel like everyday I keep getting better, and I believe that it's the best attitude to have.

Mainly, this is just a post to say that your diagnostic appears to be a poor indicator of your abilities to master the LSAT.

Lawscool

Re: For those with low diagnostics: There is hope.

Postby Lawscool » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:45 pm

145 Diagnostic
158 Real thing this past june
+160 on Saturday 8)

I agree 100% with the OP. Just keep practicing and analyzing your mistakes and you will be able to notice drastic improvement.

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Studying for this test seems to be a test to see how to keep your confidence up. I was stuck in 149 for a while, and getting very discouraged. But I knew that a score in that area would not get me into a law school I wanted to go to, so I kept telling myself that my currently abilities were unacceptable. It honestly seems to have worked wonders to not let yourself get discouraged. Every mistake is an opportunity to get more points :)

Good luck on Saturday! I was thinking of doing it, but I feel like I can still improve a bit.

nylost

Postby nylost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Rawlberto wrote:Studying for this test seems to be a test to see how to keep your confidence up. I was stuck in 149 for a while, and getting very discouraged. But I knew that a score in that area would not get me into a law school I wanted to go to, so I kept telling myself that my currently abilities were unacceptable. It honestly seems to have worked wonders to not let yourself get discouraged. Every mistake is an opportunity to get more points :)

Good luck on Saturday! I was thinking of doing it, but I feel like I can still improve a bit.

+1
samezies <3

Albatross

Postby Albatross » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

147 diagnostic, 162 in June but went -8 on LG which is usually -1/-0 for me. Hoping for 166+ on Saturday.

IBThatGuy

Postby IBThatGuy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

153 diagnostic. Usually practice around 166-168, with a freak 173 last weekend.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”