Fuck. I already felt unprepared.

acadec

Re: I'm sick

Postby acadec » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Samesies. Fuck this.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:56 pm

By mainlining Vitamin C I managed to avoid the head cold I was afraid was stalking me...but I have spent 4 out of the last 6 days with moderate-to-migraine headaches, which I've rarely had before. Just got back from the doctor's office with a new prescription. The Doc asked "are you under any particular stress right now?" I laughed.

I think I'd rather have the cold.

On the bright side, I only scored 3 points off my goal with little men with hammers trying to escape from my skull last night while I did a PT.

stargazin

Postby stargazin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Same here. I have bad bronchitis, and haven't been able to sleep for several nights because of the non stop coughing, and I can't take cough suppressants because they make me too groggy. You guys should try some chicken soup, I had some last night and felt like it helped me a little.

I wonder if they'd let us lie down on the floor of the room for a few minutes if we start feeling too horrible? Obviously it's going to take some time away from the test, but I really really don't want to wait until December.

I officially nominate the LSAT for WORST TEST IN THE WOOOORLD. I've taken the GMAT before, and ironically I was sick for that too but had absolutely no problems taking it. It's computerized, you make an individual appointment and start the test almost right after you get there, no lines, no delays, no thumbprint, no proctor reading rules, no passing out exam booklets, NOTHING. 3 1/2 hours later, you're done. It's the same process for the GRE and MCAT. Plus, the GMAT is offered year round, almost every business day. So if you are sick or something happens, you can reschedule without having it mess up your entire application cycle.

Hope you all feel better before Saturday.
Last edited by stargazin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dripworx

Postby Dripworx » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Take zinc, i know it sounds stupid. moms an MD so when I started getting sick (which i never do, but havnt been eating recently due to nerves) she mentioned that zinc will boost immunity, and help you bounce back über quick

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 pm

stargazin wrote:I officially nominate the LSAT for WORST TEST IN THE WOOOORLD.

Fundamentals of Engineering. Eight hours of calculations. The test booklet is half an inch thick.

stargazin

Postby stargazin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Fundamentals of Engineering. Eight hours of calculations. The test booklet is half an inch thick.

Sounds like a cakewalk! Now I'm reminded why I didn't go the engineering route.

Take zinc, i know it sounds stupid. moms an MD so when I started getting sick (which i never do, but havnt been eating recently due to nerves) she mentioned that zinc will boost immunity, and help you bounce back über quick

I'm a huge fan of zinc, it's great. If I had a doctor parent though, I'd be trying to get some hard core immunity boosting stuff like immunoglobulin or blood plasma or something :D

Unshake

Postby Unshake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

stargazin wrote:

Sounds like a cakewalk! Now I'm reminded why I didn't go the engineering route.

I'm a huge fan of zinc, it's great. If I had a doctor parent though, I'd be trying to get some hard core immunity boosting stuff like immunoglobulin or blood plasma or something :D

It does sound like the popular African-derived dance mentioned in the RC PT54 (or maybe 55?).

bendtheslurry

Postby bendtheslurry » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm

I was terribly sick when I took the test last year...I couldn't stop coughing no matter what medicines I took. During the test I had to leave the room at one point because I was coughing so hard. I lost about five minutes :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”