Staying interested in RC sections?

gambelda

Staying interested in RC sections?

Postby gambelda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

My last 4 RC sections in test have been -7,-9,-9, -7

There is absolutely zero trend in the questions missed. Sometimes I bomb all main points, sometimes I bomb only the detail questions. Some passage types I get all correct and then the next time I miss half of them in the same passage type. I literally have thrown my hands into the air at this point (also thrown my Preptest book out my 6th floor window once or twice)

The only thing I have noticed as a trend is that if the passage is relatively uninteresting (ex: PT 36 passage 2 about literature and intellectual historians of renaissance England) or Very Detailed (PT 36 passage 3 about hormonal influences on behaviors) I tend to bomb them. Case in point I was -7 on these two passages and -0 on the other two passages.

How do you stay interested? How do you sift through the massive amounts of detail? I looked at a few general RC strategies and trie dto adopt them but they dont seem to help with this general issue.

BlueDiamond

Re: Staying interested in RC sections?

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:00 pm

I've had the same problem with RC being a very bad section for me. I miss about 7-10 every time and have also tried strategies people talk about on here. I'm not saying it is impossible to improve because it is.. but if you're taking the October LSAT as I am in 3 days I'd recommend just doing the best you can on it and just making sure you hone your skills on the other parts of the test. If taking on a different date just keep trying what you think will be best for the way you read and keep trying to draw main points, viewpoints, etc.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Im registered for this saturday but have to take an absence on it. I've already re-registered for the December one but absolutely cannot miss it.

wdk3618

Postby wdk3618 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

im in the same boat. what has worked for me is caffeine to be honest. when im hopped up im in the 4-6 range and when im not 7-10 range. sounds weird but it has stayed true for me. plus im sure when your takin the actualy test your focus will be better because you kno its for real

snodell

Postby snodell » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:08 pm

i have this problem too. i think they try to make it as boring as possible on purpose. i guess the sign of true comprehension is when you are bored out of your mind and can still answer the questions correctly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”