Is it beneficial 2 take the Free LSAT tests Kaplan etc offer

nylost

Is it beneficial 2 take the Free LSAT tests Kaplan etc offer

Postby nylost » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:01 pm

I am probably going to cancel this Saturday's score more than likely, December will be my judgment day.
I am hoping to use Saturday's exam as a helpful insight into how test-day will feel. I was wondering to re-create that test day atmosphere if it would be beneficial to take the free LSAT exams offered by Kaplan/Princeton and co?
I know they are not actual past test but can taking them hurt in any way?
I mean if I do 2-3 just to get the feel of being times and not being able to control my actions fully like I do when I`m in the library or @ home studying.
Has anyone ever done this? Did it help on actual test-day?
Any input is welcomed :D

cowgirl_bebop

Re: Is it beneficial 2 take the Free LSAT tests Kaplan etc offer

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:22 pm

I took one offered by the Princeton Review as well as one offered by Kaplan. I dont think it hurt any. If anything, I received some practice in an environment similar to that of test day. When I go into the test on Saturday, I wont be totally thrown off by working in a room with a ton of other people instead of doing PTs at home in my dining room.

I say go for it if you want the extra practice.

tomesa

Postby tomesa » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Unless you want to be bombarded by Kaplan representatives, you should not provide them with your actual phone number or email address. Otherwise, take their free proctored exam.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

The administered test by Kap is always PT 36. It's up to you if you want to take it.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:09 pm

nylost wrote:I know they are not actual past test but can taking them hurt in any way?

For Princeton Review, they definitely are real tests. I assume that they are for Kaplan, too, but I'm not sure.

If you're planning to go in more than once, make sure that you let them know and ask if they have other tests for you. We have at least two tests that we give as free tests sometimes, but any given office may only have one.

You can certainly feel free to bring your own test, too, if you've got a real test that you want to take in a proctored environment. We could probably even score it for you; we have all the scoring grids entered into our computers.

nylost

Postby nylost » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 pm

tomwatts wrote:
nylost wrote:I know they are not actual past test but can taking them hurt in any way?

For Princeton Review, they definitely are real tests. I assume that they are for Kaplan, too, but I'm not sure.

If you're planning to go in more than once, make sure that you let them know and ask if they have other tests for you. We have at least two tests that we give as free tests sometimes, but any given office may only have one.

You can certainly feel free to bring your own test, too, if you've got a real test that you want to take in a proctored environment. We could probably even score it for you; we have all the scoring grids entered into our computers.

Oh that's awesome, I didn't know that. Thanks.
The only reason I was assuming they were not real was because I was told they administer "fake" test (in the sense they themselves created the answers) by a friend of mine who scored quite low on his diagnostic. He blamed it on the test not being an actual LSAT from the past and much harder so you would score lower then creating a panic where you would want to sign up for a prep course immediately. 8)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”