Difference between proctored and self-administered tests?

freon

Difference between proctored and self-administered tests?

Postby freon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks
Last edited by freon on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdane

Re: Difference between proctored and self-administered tests?

Postby gdane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Not to me, but its most likely explained by the presense of other people. You get nervious with the proctors watching you and the sound of people working makes you feel like youre lagging behind or going too fast. The best thing to do is to forget about everyone else around you. Tell yourself that youre going to do better than them and you dont need to pay attention to what theyre doing.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

gdane5 wrote:Not to me, but its most likely explained by the presense of other people. You get nervious with the proctors watching you and the sound of people working makes you feel like youre lagging behind or going too fast. The best thing to do is to forget about everyone else around you. Tell yourself that youre going to do better than them and you dont need to pay attention to what theyre doing.
I believe the OP is saying that they are scoring higher when they take proctored tests.

Although, that could still be attributed to the fact that there are other people around you. When I take a PT with a friend as opposed to by myself I find myself going faster/feeling more confident. Hearing them turning pages and scribbling keeps me on my game kinda.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Maybe you are more serious in the replicated testing environment than in the comfort of your home. Regardless of the reason, it's good news. Similiar to why outside sales people are required to go into an office as opposed to working from home exclusively, better environment equals better results.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Yeah a feeling of competetion is probably the culprit. Also, for me there will probably be less distractions in the exam room than the two places I usually take PTs:

1. In the middle of the U of M campus, haha.
2. In my room with a house being built across the street/ siblings running around.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”