Can we PLEASE hear from those who got big score jumps...

EasternSeaboard

Can we PLEASE hear from those who got big score jumps...

Postby EasternSeaboard » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm

USING A PREP COURSE?

Name your cold score, your previous actual LSAT if taken, your test prep course, and your actual LSAT score used/will be used to apply to LS.

Seems like everybody on the board talks about self studying to greatness but clearly a whole bunch of people use those prep classes so let's hear from you guys!

bk1

Re: Can we PLEASE hear from those who got big score jumps...

Postby bk1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:58 pm

In general it seems like prep courses are often aimed at people starting in the lower to middle score brackets.

If a prep course works for you, great, but it is really a personal thing as to which study method works best. If I were you I would decide based on personal knowledge of my own study habits rather than the success stories of others considering that there are plenty of people out there who have succeeded with all the different types of study methods available.

EasternSeaboard

Postby EasternSeaboard » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 pm

bk1 wrote:In general it seems like prep courses are often aimed at people starting in the lower to middle score brackets.

If a prep course works for you, great, but it is really a personal thing as to which study method works best. If I were you I would decide based on personal knowledge of my own study habits rather than the success stories of others considering that there are plenty of people out there who have succeeded with all the different types of study methods available.

Yeah I already tried self study and already decided to save up and take a prep course. Hearing peoples scoring experience with the various ones available helps.

did you use a prep course? If so contribute please.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:07 pm

its not so much prep course or self prep. it all boils down to how effecient you study, how long you give yourself to prep before the test ( 3 months or more is a good idea) and how many actual prep tests you do. if you put a lot of effort into it, you can see a large increase. If you put the bare minimum, you wont see as big of an increase. Everyone has a ceiling, wheter or not you hit that ceiling depends on you

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:08 pm

I self-prepped but am a firm believer in doing what works for the individual. Even if prep courses don't work for most people, there are some out there for whom it is ideal.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:09 pm

I went from 157 (timed prep test before classes started to establish where I was "cold") to 170 on the actual LSAT with a Princeton Review prep course. They liked to advertise that most people get a 10-12 point jump in their course, and the other people I was in there with also saw similar results.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”