2005/6 LSAt Prep books

nfuller

2005/6 LSAt Prep books

Postby nfuller » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 am

I'm prepping for the December LSAT and my friend lent me the prep books he had for the LSAT, they're from PowerScore which I understand is considered pretty legit, but they are from the 2005/6 test year. How much has changed? Am I going to be doing myself a great disservice by using these books as opposed to ones for this year? Thank you.

LSAT Blog

Re: 2005/6 LSAt Prep books

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 am

I assume you're referring to the books from the course, rather than the bibles.

If that's the case, you should be fine with the coursebooks as a source of real LSAT questions. My main recommendation here would be to get the newer individual exams for $6/exam (4 for the price of 3 on Amazon). You can take those as full-length timed exams closer to the test date.

One thing those books won't cover is the dual passages (comparative reading), but that's something you likely wouldn't be dealing with until later in your prep anyway.

nfuller

Postby nfuller » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Okay, thank you. I've got "The Offical LSAt SuprePrep", which has some past LSAT tests and then two PowerScore Bibles, the Logical Reasoning and Logic Games.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Oh, you were talking about the bibles.

The LRB has hardly changed at all since that edition, so there's no need to get a new one.

The LGB has been expanded, but a lot of the new content is explanations for games from newer exams that you probably wouldn't want to touch/spoil. You'd probably want to save those exams for full-length practice closer to Test Day anyway.

I'd say you're fine with both of the older editions - no need to get the newer ones.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”