Reading Comp. makes me want to shoot my self in the face...

svarne2

Reading Comp. makes me want to shoot my self in the face...

Postby svarne2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 am

Last week I was beasting practice tests left and right. I am the straight up master of games and arguments are my bitch but for some reason RC is my Kryptonite. I'm taking the Oct.9th LSAT... Any advice on how to approach RCin the next few days. I'm really open to ANY suggestions right now.

bk1

Re: Reading Comp. makes me want to shoot my self in the face...

Postby bk1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:50 am

Keep your pimp hand strong and tell that RC ho not to step out of line.

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 am

Slow down and read more carefully - skipping detail will not work in the 50s. Also, go through answer choices slowly and reference the passage every single time to make sure the answer is confirmed.

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 am

yzero1 wrote:Slow down and read more carefully - skipping detail will not work in the 50s. Also, go through answer choices slowly and reference the passage every single time to make sure the answer is confirmed.

I used to read the passage in 3 minutes and spend time on qs but more convoluted passages made me slow down my reading. Although I do understand the passages better when I have 4-5 mins to read, answer choices that are really similar/tricky mean that I have to dissect the passage (and answer choices all over again). SIGH.

I think today I will try to do some passages in the 50s while reading sort of fast again. Just noting structure, mp, tone and where certain info is in the passage and reference the passage extensively for questions...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”