LSAT = MYSTICISM

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 pm

the lsat can not put random sentences together and then expect it to represent any sort of real life situation or evaluate one's reasoning since in these cases the entire stimulus is nonsensical. i dont care what psychometric bs they use, this test is like old-fashioned bloodletting to cure a disease.

that, my friends, is MYSTICISM.
Last edited by testmachine45 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby MrKappus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Coming unhinged FTW.

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:11 pm

testmachine45 wrote:the lsat can not put random sentences together and then expect it to represent any sort of real life situation or one's reasoning. i dont care what psychometric bs they use, this test is like old-fashioned bloodletting to cure a disease.

that, my friends, is MYSTICISM.


Example, please?

User avatar
pkpop
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby pkpop » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 pm

testmachine45 wrote:the lsat can not put random sentences together and then expect it to represent any sort of real life situation or evaluate one's reasoning since in these cases the entire stimulus is nonsensical. i dont care what psychometric bs they use, this test is like old-fashioned bloodletting to cure a disease.

that, my friends, is MYSTICISM.


Logic Reasoning -> Flaw -> False Analogy?

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 pm

pt 60 lr2 #10

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Consistent with the hypothesis, the data showed that the LSAT was a relatively robust predictor of in-class exams and a relatively weak predictor on take-home exams and papers. In contrast, undergraduate GPA was a relatively stable predictor on all three testing methods. The major implication of this study is that the current emphasis on time-pressured law school exams may significantly increase the relative importance of the LSAT as an admission criterion. As a result, significantly fewer minority students can be admitted through the regular admissions process. Moreover, the findings of this study suggest that when speed is used as a variable on law school exams, the type of testing method, independent of knowledge and preparation, can change the ordering (i.e., relative grades) of individual test-takers. Finally, this study found some preliminary evidence that the performance gap between white and minority students may be significantly smaller on less time-pressured testing methods, including blindgraded take-home exams. Definitive evidence on this issue will require a larger sample size.

arean.ryan
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby arean.ryan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 pm

testmachine45 wrote:pt 60 lr2 #10


I got this one wrong but I felt stupid during review for the mistake (which could be said with 99% of my mistakes in LR)

User avatar
DearCan
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby DearCan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 pm

You've encountered one question out of thousands that you don't understand, and now the LSAT is an ineffective predictor of one's ability to reason? What does that say about your ability to reason?

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby niederbomb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:42 am

I hate take-home exams and always do worse on them than timed exams.

I hope that means I'm supposed to ace the LSAT in five days. :lol:

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby BeachedBrit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm

niederbomb wrote:I hate take-home exams and always do worse on them than timed exams.

I hope that means I'm supposed to ace the LSAT in five days. :lol:


Flaw in the reasoning: Stimulus never stated that "niederbomb" does well/nor aces timed exams. Instead all we can gather is that for "niederbomb" timed exam scores > take home exam scores.

Sorry, I'm currently an LSAT machine.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Good god LS applicants are tools

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby 09042014 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:37 pm

lawschoollll wrote:Good god LS applicants are tools


IT doesn't end on matriculation.

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:Good god LS applicants are tools


IT doesn't end on matriculation.

but CERTAINLY associates at law firms are exclusively edgy and cool???

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm

OP: Weren't you sworn to secrecy about this ?

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby minnbills » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:Good god LS applicants are tools


IT doesn't end on matriculation.

but CERTAINLY associates at law firms are exclusively edgy and cool???


No, according to many around here they're either showering in gold or begging on the streets.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby incompetentia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm

minnbills wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:Good god LS applicants are tools


IT doesn't end on matriculation.

but CERTAINLY associates at law firms are exclusively edgy and cool???


No, according to many around here they're either showering in gold or begging on the streets.

22. Which of the following is an assumption on which this argument depends?

(A) Law school applicants are easily identifiable by the general public.
(B) Showering in gold is considered more edgy than begging on the streets.
(C) If showering in gold is edgy, then it is not cool, and vice versa.
(D) Associates at law firms are begging on the streets if they are not showering in gold.
(E) Wait, law firm associates aren't cool?

d34d9823
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby d34d9823 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Get your rage on, bro. They're discriminating against your lower intelligence!

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby beachbum » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm

weren't you the same guy who was gonna off himself because he was having a bad day with the LSAT? You might consider taking a break from this test.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

today i became got sick, coughing and flu. u guys think take in dec? ive only taken 4 testpreps, got 148, 160, 171, and today 160(while sick). also took testmasters.

will my peers think im a wuss?

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby St.Remy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 am

testmachine45 wrote:today i became got sick, coughing and flu. u guys think take in dec? ive only taken 4 testpreps, got 148, 160, 171, and today 160(while sick). also took testmasters.

will my peers think im a wuss?


If by peers you mean people on this site, then yes. You are quite obviously a flame.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:46 am

ha, you are wrong and a false accuser.

u r the flame in this sit.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby beachbum » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 am

St.Remy wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:today i became got sick, coughing and flu. u guys think take in dec? ive only taken 4 testpreps, got 148, 160, 171, and today 160(while sick). also took testmasters.

will my peers think im a wuss?


If by peers you mean people on this site, then yes. You are quite obviously a flame.


+1. I don't understand what drives these nerds to post stupid shit on an otherwise helpful message board. Go back to WoW and self-loathing.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: LSAT = MYSTICISM

Postby testmachine45 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:06 am

beachbum wrote:
St.Remy wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:today i became got sick, coughing and flu. u guys think take in dec? ive only taken 4 testpreps, got 148, 160, 171, and today 160(while sick). also took testmasters.

will my peers think im a wuss?


If by peers you mean people on this site, then yes. You are quite obviously a flame.


+1. I don't understand what drives these nerds to post stupid shit on an otherwise helpful message board. Go back to WoW and self-loathing.


You are not being helpful, nor friendly, by attacking people, Beachbum. Beachbum has a contradiction in his argument.

Funny your econ major couldn't get you a better job than this shit you DAOL

EDIT: The nerd is you, with the econ major(that's fucking different), spiked hair(like your other frat members), and the hawaian shirt you where to keggers where u watch as your fellow frat boys probably wearing the same thing steal your woman. jersey shore POS.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dj9i27 and 6 guests