In a major LG funk right now!

In a major LG funk right now!

Postby minnbills » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:35 pm

EDIT: "IN" a major LG Funk... See this is the type of thing I'm talking about!

I went from being inconsistent in LG to consistently making stupid mistakes. Naturally I just hit the books harder but nothing seems to change. Any advice?

Re: In a major LG funk right now!

Postby typ3 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 pm

I was in a similar funk. I slowed myself down to fix it. Generally I was finishing games with 5-10 minutes left. I figured out I sometimes missed a question asking to list all possibilities or a question that asks every entity that can be in a certain spot.

I now finish early and go back to those questions and write out every hypothetical situation if possible. Solved my problems.

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 am

you and me both. after going -0/-1 on like ten tests in a row, I went -5 and -7. Ouch. I've found that my problem is a failure to spend enough time toggling with the setup to coax out crucial inferences.

Postby JJDancer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:04 am

Before (earlier tests) the "key" to LG seemed to be some key inference in the beginning / mixing of 2 rules. I got good at that and got LG in the -0/-1 range with minutes to spare. But 50s LG has me crunched for time and so far it has helped me to "Front load" my time spent on each game (make hypos before looking at qs --> helps me have inferences and finish in time).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”